It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem cell finding could reverse ravages of multiple sclerosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Daily Mail UK

Scientists have discovered a way to repair damaged nerves with stem cells which could give hope to tens of thousands of multiple sclerosis sufferers. The British researchers say their findings could lead to the development of drugs that repair nerves in the brain and spinal cord and potentially reverse some of the symptoms of MS.

The article didn't say (unless I missed it) which stem cells these are. I don't know if they are fetal stem cells or adult stem cells or _____. I got excited reading this. My Sjogrens is mimicing M.S., which happens a lot. (or I could have MS as well .. gotta' get more tests done). If they are finding ways to reverse MS, then perhaps they can use the same technology to help reverse the neropathy I have in my legs, arms, face and tongue from Sjogrens. Man .. that would be awesome. I'd like more info on this. If anyone comes across it, please post here. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Daily Mail UK

Scientists have discovered a way to repair damaged nerves with stem cells which could give hope to tens of thousands of multiple sclerosis sufferers. The British researchers say their findings could lead to the development of drugs that repair nerves in the brain and spinal cord and potentially reverse some of the symptoms of MS.

The article didn't say (unless I missed it) which stem cells these are. I don't know if they are fetal stem cells or adult stem cells or _____. I got excited reading this. My Sjogrens is mimicing M.S., which happens a lot. (or I could have MS as well .. gotta' get more tests done). If they are finding ways to reverse MS, then perhaps they can use the same technology to help reverse the neropathy I have in my legs, arms, face and tongue from Sjogrens. Man .. that would be awesome. I'd like more info on this. If anyone comes across it, please post here. Thanks.

I'm sorry to say I went through the autologous stem cell trials in Chicago to no avail. I've had MS about 10-12yrs Maybe this will be different!!

edit on 7-12-2010 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I personally think MS is a side effect of a bacteriological (spirochete ) infection. Lyme disease and another bacteria that causes pneumonia are good candidates. I'd be trying some of these antibiotic protocols like this one:
www.davidwheldon.co.uk...
www.cpnhelp.org...

I seemed to have calmed down my MS like symptoms with antibiotics, high doses of antioxidants, fish oils and electromagnetic therapy. Oh and the Salt-C therapy worked fairly well for the neuro symptoms for me, but it's not for everyone, and carries some risk. You need to monitor blood pressure and kidney function. Actually after an initial spike my blood pressure went down, go figure.
www.lymephotos.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

The MS came on with me after I had Scarlett Fever and Mono in the same year. I now only take 50,000units of VitD a week and if I start feeling real bad I take MMS twice a day for a week or so and it seems to clear up all symptoms.

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look around!

p.s. AHHHHHHH Those are some nastiness picts! AHHHHHHHHHH

edit on 8-12-2010 by Bachrk because: Just had to add my mini freakout

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Oh I tried MMS as well. How did that work out for you? It's pretty tough on the gut. I had to deal with a lot of nausea.

I presume you are taking a lot of the B vitamins, like vitamin B12? I've actually had to lower my vitamin D intake quite a bit because it was screwing up my calcium metabolism, but that's another story.

Did you ever look into the conspiracy side of MS and lyme disease?

www.samento.com.ec...
lymehandbook.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have a friend who started experiencing MS symptoms. She did alot of research, and as a result switched to a no-yeast, gluten-free, alcohol-free diet, along with some Chinese medicine herbs. Her symptoms have greatly improved. Her theory is that candida flare-up's cause the symptoms to reappear and the diet keeps candida to a minimum. Have any others tried this and had similar (or different) results?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by peacevic

That's the anti-inflammatory diet. The SJogrens foundation suggests it for people with Sjogrens too. No gluten, no sugar. That means no breads, pastas, pastries, cereals, goodies of any kind with sugar ... etc. Those things are triggers for AI diseases and inflammatory for us folks with neuropathy. Add to that, us Sjogrens folks aren't supposed to have coffee, tea, soda, or fruits with citris acid or high natural sugar. I'm not eating much.

Oh well ... everyone dies from something. I just wish this wasn't so drawn out and ugly.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you found the diet helps?

top topics

join