It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative News Firehose is a FAIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ok the actual Firehose page isn't.

BUT.

No one uses it, as seen just now with the several million (rough estimate) new threads started about Assange's arrest.

So why not?

Is it too hard to look before posting?

Are we too keen to get easy flags so don't bother to check before posting because it will waste valuable flag getting time?

Come on people!

I see poor Gemwolf running round closing all these duplicate threads due to YOUR laziness!

*points and stares*

That is all.

edit on 7/12/10 by Chadwickus because: Shenanigans

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey Chad

I know what you mean, i kinda laughed at all the similar posts, but hey, life goes on.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What's this News Firehose?

Obviously, I am not the only one that doesn't know, and where is it at?

I am the passive, casual ATSer. I come here for some breaking news not covered in the usual media outlets, and to generally catch an idea or theory I had not considered. If something moves me, I may comment. usually, this is early in the morning, late in the evening, or on my breaks during the day here on my farm when I am not at work.

So...tell me about this Firehose that no one knows...........lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It does indeed, just think maybe it needs to be more prominent.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by tristar

It does indeed, just think maybe it needs to be more prominent.

When firehose was launched i used that and was monitoring new posts, it is actually very productive to a person like myself, but, there are so many different personalites on earth that it is difficult to show them what to do and how to use it.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink
I

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is why I made this thread a couple weeks ago and yet again nobody really paid attention

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People are LAZY!!!!!!! I know I woke up this morning and the recent posts page was overrun with "Assange was arrested" threads. It made my head hurt that people can't take 3mins to check the recent posts or Firehouse pages. It's laziness and if I could call people out i would but many are total flag, star and attention seekers. I had another word but I shall refrain. It's annoying as hell to see the same stuff posted over and over. I almost went insane over the amount of threads on NASA"s announcement.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To be fair, most of us posted within a few minutes of each other...not laziness, just timing........i checked and no thread on assange, then alerted my own thread when i posted it after I saw all the others that came up at the same time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Star (imaginary) and flag to you for your excellent thread.
/sarcasm

Seriously speaking.. Did you too start this thread for easy flags and stars?

/double-sarcasm

But seriously (this time serious) it's just easy flags and stars. That's all there is to it..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That is a fair point.

So the firehose needs to show what threads are posted BEFORE they're posted.

I'm sure SO could whip a little proggy for it!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
it seems like a dev problem to me. parse new titles etc, redirect to firehose...or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Bumpage!

On the back of the recent reports of a bombing in a Moscow airport we get a flood of people too keen on getting the scoop rather than seeing if it's already posted.

LAZY!!

First Breaking news thread on it:

Fails:

new topics

top topics

join