It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Or, a third route...

The "insurance file" could be highly damaging to the US, especially if its financial, and could be a competitive tool to the British banking system and international cartel of banks. Arresting him means the information is leaked.

Good point.

That this could be the Brits trying to trigger another release makes sense.

You guys should study more geopolitics. How often have the UK , since WW2 go against the US's desires?

What nearly toppled the UK banks? Exposure to US investments, that says how much the UK would want another finantial crisis in the US.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

It had to be resubmitted twice.

The fact he was able to get into Britain, with allegations over his head and the US calling for his arrest - without being stopped or question on arrival signals he is being protected by British authorities.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by OleMB

the original paperwork filed in the uk for his arrest was incorrect. British authorities required it to be re-submitted.

There does seem to be alot of resistance from the british authorties to comply with the arrest & extradition of Assange. Hopefully the court will rule he can go free. Lets see what happens.

Thats the point I've been trying to make, both Australia and the US are looking into the legality of his actions and see which laws they can catch him on, and yet Britain is twiddling it's thumbs, while British press have Assange on tap, and are certainly selling this to the British public as a set up...

Interesting times ahead..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Assange is under protection by Galactic forces.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ricolarico

Originally posted by galactictuan

Like Voltron and stuff?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Assanges OpEd in the Australian (newsoutlet) apparently written just hours before his arrest can be found here

And Australians should observe with no pride the disgraceful pandering to these sentiments by Prime Minister Gillard and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have not had a word of criticism for the other media organisations. That is because The Guardian, The New York Times and Der Spiegel are old and large, while WikiLeaks is as yet young and small. We are the underdogs. The Gillard government is trying to shoot the messenger because it doesn’t want the truth revealed, including information about its own diplomatic and political dealings.

Plenty more at the link above

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Right at this moment in time is when we should really be paying attention. What happens to Assange will shape people's opinions of Wikileaks and its releases immensely. For those who call the site a government-run psy-ops program, what happens in the next few days will give major credence to either or, depending on what happens to him.

That's rubbish. What happens in the next few days will happen as all sorts of interests compete and may or may not be served.

US doesn't get to tell people what to do. If they want him extradited they will have to put up a proper legal case.

Many people think the US can just do what it damn well likes in foreign countries. Not so.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jmlima

And perhaps British authorities want to break from that exposure? since OB has come to power we have clashed with the US over the NHS, the Falklands, Lockerbie, the Finacial Crisis, BP etc..

So it certainly looks like a trend does it not? and my theory follows that trend

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by yeti101

It had to be resubmitted twice.

The fact he was able to get into Britain, with allegations over his head and the US calling for his arrest - without being stopped or question on arrival signals he is being protected by British authorities.

As far as I understand he was already in the UK. Besides, according to the Guardian, the US have been trying to legally get to him since the Iraq papers release, without much success. The question here is that the UK has no reason to detain him, other than the international warrant from Sweden.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If the intention of Assange is fighting for the truth, as I and many others like to believe, he should receive huge support and be released soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well he's just walked into court, so we'll see soon..

The UK will put up a fight for extradition to US as with the Mckinnon case..IMO

edit on 7/12/2010 by UKWO1Phot because: grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by OleMB

the original paperwork filed in the uk for his arrest was incorrect. British authorities required it to be re-submitted.

There does seem to be alot of resistance from the british authorties to comply with the arrest & extradition of Assange. Hopefully the court will rule he can go free. Lets see what happens.

Thats the point I've been trying to make, both Australia and the US are looking into the legality of his actions and see which laws they can catch him on, and yet Britain is twiddling it's thumbs, while British press have Assange on tap, and are certainly selling this to the British public as a set up...

Interesting times ahead..

It it so clearly is a set up.

second

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Justice for Assange

www.justiceforassange.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, the UK justice system is on trial here.

second

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
12.47pm: Assange has entered the court. He went in the back entrance and was accompanied by his lawyers Mark Stephens and Jennifer Robinson. They are due to to examine the charges against him.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

As much as it is a setup.. is it surprising that even the Financial TImes is portraying it that way?

and while Australia and the US look for a loophole to try to arrest Assange the British Gov are sitting twiddling their thumbs, even now saying this has nothing to do with them and is solely a mater for the Police.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So wait? Rape and sexual assault charges? Who in the world is this guy? I know him through the site. If he really did rape a woman than that is disgusting!
I could care less if your offended at my comment about me viewing a person as disgusting for raping a woman.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

An interesting and merit worthy thought process. Its perfectly possible that the UK might have some hand in the shape of proceedings. However it might be worth pointing out that Britain rarely sides with people that have been damaging to America, or its interests, and the US claims Assange is Hitler , Bin Laden and Timothy Mc Veigh with a dose of ebola virus and small pox. With this in mind, it would seem somewhat strange for the UK government to assist Assange, directly or otherwise. Mind you , on the other hand, perhaps the UK government is secretly a bit tired of sending our troops into battle only to get shredded by badly aimed airstrikes from US planes, and has decided that what we really need in our special relationship, is a little bit of leverage. Who can really say !?
We really could play a serious second guessing game here , and it would go and go and go ! It will certainly be interesting to see how it pans out in the end though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It is my guess that is merely a smear-campaign. There are many threads about the women he allegedly raped being tied to the CIA. Interesting reads.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join