Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 4
139
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Police Report 12.12.2010:

London-Reuters- Julian Assange has been found dead in his cell. Somehow the founder of wikileaks got hold of a gun and shot himself in the back of his head. The police refused to give any more details.




posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Police Report 12.12.2010:

London-Reuters- Julian Assange has been found dead in his cell. Somehow the founder of wikileaks got hold of a gun and shot himself in the back of his head. The police refused to give any more details.


Yeah that's what I think will be happening soon.
That or they'll go Oswald on his ass.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by thoughtsfull
 


Or, a third route...

The "insurance file" could be highly damaging to the US, especially if its financial, and could be a competitive tool to the British banking system and international cartel of banks. Arresting him means the information is leaked.

Plus, we've just moved his hearing back

davidallengreen #Assange Court staff tell me heAring will likely to be at 2pm. Likely to be District Judge Hammond, though this is not certain.


Thanks
I missed that one
...Even the FT are laying this out as a setup.. Financial Times

I'm only looking at UK media at the moment as I want to get a clear picture of what is being laid out for the consumption of the British public.. and there is a certain theme in the UK that this is a setup...

anyway perhaps Assange would be better off in *cough* protective custody *if* wikileaks released the poison pill..



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Police Report 12.12.2010:

London-Reuters- Julian Assange has been found dead in his cell. Somehow the founder of wikileaks got hold of a gun and shot himself in the back of his head. The police refused to give any more details.


Oh thank god. You had me worried there for a minute that just happened.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
What are you all talking about with everyone turning on him now that he's arrested? I've seen one, maybe two people here verbally write him off. Most posters here haven't really made any comments for or against him, which in my opinionis how it should be. If you are gonna be for or against something, make it the leaks themselves or Wikileaks as an organization. The man is just one of the founders. It's not as if he alone read each and every single cable, then personally and solely decides what to release.
Frankly, he's become such a cult of personality it's all but shadowing the cables themselves.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So he was in London all the time? A city with literary millions of CCTV's? Either they did NOT want to find him, or they COULD not. If they did not want to find him, then this is a conspiracy for sure. If they couldn't find him, those extreme measurements against terrorism is the biggest joke you have heard.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
As a citizen of Sweden for a very long time what I find tragicomic is that you can actually rape a boatload of women, beat them up, set them on fire, hack them to death and etc. It usually takes the law (police) months if not years to find you. As for woman battering, I can't speak for others but you're lucky if they show up, if you call on 112 (999/911). If a woman is mistreated at the safeguard of her home and you inform the municipality, nothing is done either.

This is only my point of view from the experience I had in my attempts to fight the mistreating of women.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dipswitch
Hmm so off he goes to Sweden then to face these charges. Hopefully his defense fund is made available to him so he isn't short changed in court.

AND to those in pursuit of his lynching please remember that the world is watching...


You know, a funny thing is that the prosecutor in Sweden created this arrest warrent ONLY because she needed to hear his version of the case.

So this is ONLY a warrent to get him back to Sweden to be interviewed about the case by the state prosecutor - to face the allegations against him.

Legally, according to Swedish law - he could actually walk out as a free man after that interview and meeting, IF the prosecutor and the Swedish court decides that the allegations against him are rubbish and that they're not sufficient to prosecute him fully later further down the line.

IMO he'll probably walk away from the "rape" charge but could be in some minor problems regarding the other allegations which are brought against him - however, since these are "minor" crimes in the eye of the law and the fact that there are still two sides of every story and a case of words against word - I think the case against him could actually be thrown out by the Swedish court at the end anyway!

The Swedish legal system and the Government is in deep crap for the moment since other revelations has been brought to the public's attention these latest weeks by the Wikileaks logs. A political scandal is brewing regarding the current Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Justice's involvement in all of this - so I really don't think that they want the embarrassment of another scandal on their hands by treating this case with the modus operandi of a full blown Stasi-Nation-State?

So I actually think that there's a small chance that they will judge on this case extra carefully with silk glows and the whole répertoire of fairness and correctness which Sweden used to be so famous for - because they know that the whole world are watching, and they hopefully won't risk to see their hard earned reputation go down the drain for just one silly court case.

And if that is not happening, well! in that case we'll have the proof that the fair and always correct Sweden has finally turned into a full blown Fascist Vassal State in the eye of the public - and that fact including the outrage from the Swedish public regarding the interference of a foreign power/nation state in domestical Swedish legal matters, could be a political suicide and trouble for the current Swedish Government and a huge Government crises and possibly also a re-election looming on the horizon for the Swedish Government.

That's their high stake in this shady game!

The Swedish Government and prosecutors will be under great pressure whatever they decide to do - will they give Assange a fair and correct treatment and risk their cozy relation with the US?

OR

Will the they bend over totally? and openly in front of the whole world be the bitch of the US and risk/face the domestical political consequences and possibly public outrage for doing so?
edit on 7-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
What are you all talking about with everyone turning on him now that he's arrested? I've seen one, maybe two people here verbally write him off. Most posters here haven't really made any comments for or against him, which in my opinionis how it should be. If you are gonna be for or against something, make it the leaks themselves or Wikileaks as an organization. The man is just one of the founders. It's not as if he alone read each and every single cable, then personally and solely decides what to release.
Frankly, he's become such a cult of personality it's all but shadowing the cables themselves.


Yeah that's great and stuff, but atleast acknoledge the fact that the man has been the face of this organisation and has been walking around with a target on his head. His family has been threatend and everything.
The least the people could do is not deny what he has done or been threw. So instead of writing him of or baling on him show some common courtesy.
But hey that's just me, maybe i was raised wrong....



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Wikileaks is stating that they have no plans to release the encryption code anytime soon. Maybe they're waiting to see how events unfold, or maybe they were blowing smoke up our a$$es. Only time will tell I guess.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by thoughtsfull
 


Or, a third route...

The "insurance file" could be highly damaging to the US, especially if its financial, and could be a competitive tool to the British banking system and international cartel of banks. Arresting him means the information is leaked.


Good point.

That this could be the Brits trying to trigger another release makes sense.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Preview of Assange's Editorial

This is a sneak preview of Julian Assange's editorial in The Australian. The full piece will be released at 24.00 Australian time, if it's Sidney time it,s about a half hour left



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Protests are already being organised via twitter at the courthouse later today.
www.justiceforassange.com...

Could be interesting I guess - any Londoners available?



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
You know, a funny thing is that the prosecutor in Sweden created this arrest warrent ONLY because she needed to hear his version of the case.





Apparently he and his attorney have been trying to contact her.

But she is dodging them. For some reason.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
As a citizen of Sweden for a very long time what I find tragicomic is that you can actually rape a boatload of women, beat them up, set them on fire, hack them to death and etc. It usually takes the law (police) months if not years to find you. As for woman battering, I can't speak for others but you're lucky if they show up, if you call on 112 (999/911). If a woman is mistreated at the safeguard of her home and you inform the municipality, nothing is done either.

This is only my point of view from the experience I had in my attempts to fight the mistreating of women.


yeah that's what pissing me off the most actually.
Normally it takes months or years for women to get somekind of justice if any, but because it's Julian Assange who pissed of the bigbad USA freaking interpol and everyother agency is called in.
For all we know the send in GI JOE on his ass.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Today's actions against our editor-in-chief Julian Assange won't affect our operations: we will release more cables tonight as normal"

twitter.com...



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I luv it when a plan comes together.
BY APPOINTMENT
He presented himself
A day that will live in infamy.
I hope JULIAN Pearl Harbour,s the UNITED STATES.
Drop the 256 bit key and lets get it started in here.
Hiroshima here we come.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If assange is beeing extradited to the US we should all go down to our local police and ask to be arrested and extrtadited to the US on the same charges since we all read the files or are hosting mirror sites.

Should give them a bit of a headache if a couple of billion people showed up at their local police stations, all demanding to be asrreste and investigated.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB
 


the original paperwork filed in the uk for his arrest was incorrect. British authorities required it to be re-submitted.

There does seem to be alot of resistance from the british authorties to comply with the arrest & extradition of Assange. Hopefully the court will rule he can go free. Lets see what happens.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Release the pill Assange, we need to know the truth.





top topics
 
139
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum