It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

you can do many things

write him a letter in prison (he will be there till 14 december)
Address:
Wandsworth Prison
PO Box 757
Heathfield Road
Wandsworth
London
SW18 3HS

you can donate to Wikileaks
you can sign petition(i cant put link to peition beacause is against the rules) hint wikileaks crackdown signature petition

you can spread the word on social networks
edit on 9-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The documents released by Wikileaks remain classified; thus, reading them, passing them on, commenting on them may be seen as a violation of Executive Order 13526, Classified National Security Information.

That info has been popping up on the web. Next come the Fema camps.....

You won't be ale to get a government job.(that one is being pushed). Yes, somehow they know everything, tracking isps probably. Be careful you guys they mean business.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Where can I get this information you speak of? Is there some kind of official report that is stating that this is what they are/planning (on) doing?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

you can do many things

Address:
Wandsworth Prison
PO Box 757
Heathfield Road
Wandsworth
London
SW18 3HS

you can donate to Wikileaks
you can sign petition(i cant put link to peition beacause is against the rules) hint wikileaks crackdown signature petition

you can spread the word on social networks
Could you possibly P2P me the link to the Petition....I couldnt find it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by Katie

Where can I get this information you speak of? Is there some kind of official report that is stating that this is what they are/planning (on) doing?

Heres a link to an article.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

would be nice to get a real link to that petition to just post it whats the worst ATS could do grow a spine

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
reply to post by xavi1000

would be nice to get a real link to that petition to just post it whats the worst ATS could do grow a spine

ask the moderators about posting thread here is the link www.avaaz.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Can someone please help me out. I'm trying to find a thread that shows and list all the more important files or cables released here recently. I'm trying to post some on facebook cause I'm in a pretty heated debate about this. So please help me out...thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Cables at a glance

That should help I think

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe just excuses for arresting him ,they lack convincing evidence,however they can give many excuses if they want.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok I know people will not like me saying this but............... he very well could be guilty. We all know people do bad things and assange is no exception, saints and priests and teachers are no longer exceptions. If he is guilty as charged, the victims must be going through hell seeing all of the support for their personal devil. Im just saying

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiCitizenZone

Good they got him! Anyone who lives in America, and dosent want to see him brought to justice for his crimes against our country is just un-patriotic. Freedom of speech is one thing. Treason and espionage are another, As we all wait for this big scarry "poison pill" that probably dosent exist, I hope hes being WATERBOARDED! It kills me how some of the people here are so infauated with this guy. Maybe you should put up your homes to help get your hero out of jail so he can start some wars and get us all killed.
edit on 8-12-2010 by AntiCitizenZone because: Didnt mean to reply to a specific persons post ! But cant seem to fix it.......

edit on 8-12-2010 by AntiCitizenZone because: (no reason given)

I keep hearing the word "treason" bandied about, but the fact of the matter is it could only be called treason if he were an American citizen. Nor is it espionage---he didn't spy on anyone. This information was handed to him on a platter, unsolicited.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think all governments should choose there choices 'very' carefully. If they lock this man up, you think it will stop here? You think he was the only man who has these files?

There will be many people connected to wikileaks and the files they released and will release. If they lock this man up, that may just tip the ice-burg for them to go all hell bent on the government and just release everything they have on all subjects. I can guess the people behind these files are clever enough to know how and where to post such information to generate the biggest impact they can and without the government censoring it.

If you want to create a revolution Mr Government, then carry on dealing with things blindly!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Address:
Wandsworth Prison
PO Box 757
Heathfield Road
Wandsworth
London
SW18 3HS
For those wishing to support Julian personally, here's a bit of info:
None of the articles I've read say what type of Remand he's on. Usually there are 2: remand pending trial & "Judges Remand" where the expectation is you will be found guilty & get a jail sentence, so you're treated as a convicted prisoner (I know, but thats the way it is). IDK how this relates to extradition hearings like this b/c it was heard by a Judge, but it was a Magistrates Court. The difference affects the privileges of the prisoner. Official Info
You can send gifts to prisoners as well as letters, but what is allowed in & in what quantity varies. You'd have to check with the prison.
Whatever his status, Wandsworth is a very busy nick, so he's not going to get much time out of his cell. Letters of support &/or even token gifts or small donations of money could well help keep his spirits up. I'll tell you, people often claim that prison is a holiday camp: it isn't. When you want out & you're looking @a steel door that isn't going to open for 12hrs, its 'kin depressing. Thats the least of it...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Correct. His crime is "receiving stolen goods," nothing more, nothing less. Because the crime was committed in cyberspace, the jurisdiction is unclear. Thanks to reactionary idiots in the US calling for his execution, the EU will be unable to extradite him there.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Dang it! I was hoping he'd outsmart the authorities and not get caught. Hopefully he's able to outsmart the bastards in court and continue wikileaks, which have already revealed so much and changed my view of world politics.

I don't believe in prayer or religion, but I'll be sending some good vibes his way until this is resolved.

Good luck Mr. Assange

WGH~~~~

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by riiver

Correct. His crime is "receiving stolen goods," nothing more, nothing less. Because the crime was committed in cyberspace, the jurisdiction is unclear. Thanks to reactionary idiots in the US calling for his execution, the EU will be unable to extradite him there.

Wrong. You need to read the statute:

Title 18, Section 793, Part (e)

(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it;

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

The statute does not say "any U.S. citizen".....it states whoever.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

The statute does not say "any U.S. citizen".....it states whoever.

United States law does not extend beyond its borders. Receiving stolen goods is the only charge that would extend into international jurisdiction. That is why this case is precedent setting. Whoever leaked these cables to Assange committed espionage, and if they are an American citizen could be tried accordingly. Of course, a smart lawyer could argue that these cables don't endanger the "national defense," so the prosecution would probably go for an "unauthorized use of government property" charge as being easier to prove.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont think that this is all about just the man...Assange will be the scapegoat but there are many issues here..I think dj makes a fair point...first they need to come up with some trumped up charge which would be suitable to ask for extrdition,Also as far as anyone knows the issue here is the case being brought against him in Sweden.
There is more going on here as the documents are being held on servers in a underground bunker in Sweden a neutral country and this is where it all becomes a grey area.
How will the Swiss goverment take sides when this is a geo political issue and you have the like of Putin calling for Assange to be nominated for a Nobel peace prize,
As i have stated before this whole thing Is a setupp to force nations to draws lines in the sand.
This is not About just Assange this is about political postering and it is like Al Qeada a loose knit of individuals who could be anyone and now we have a loose knit bunch of individuals called Anon making attacks.
What do you think is going to happen next.
An all out war on the internet...more controls set in place and more restrictions on the people as to what we can and cannot do.
Laws will be introduce which will give goverments rights to track all our actions inciting National Security...and are people sooo damn sure that the Mossad and CIa are not behind some of the cyber attacks.
Yet another false flag black ops to bring on more and more control over the herd beasts.
Why is it people think for only the moment and don't look at the whole picture.
The whole story and why the releases took place and who might be behind the releases...i mean think about it who really really had access to so much information that international spys may have loved to have got hold of but couldn't.
PLANNED PLANNED PLANNED don't be blind folks as the Elite make their moves to incite more and more controls over this world of ours.
these documents came to Wikileaks from someone who had access to them and what? did they just freely hand them over to wikileaks?...Think about it.....If you had the docs would you just hand them over to Assange and his team....Give me a break.
It is to give reason to incite anger and divide the people along lines and it is working a treat

edit on 103131p://f29Friday by plube because: all my grammas errors including her speeeeling

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well one thing is for sure. Wikileaks isn't even close to 'espionage'.

Definition of ESPIONAGE : the practice of spying or using spies to obtain information about the plans and activities especially of a foreign government or a competing company.

espionage noun Definition of ESPIONAGE the secret gathering of information on others.

Merriam Webster

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join