It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by thenewboy
Julian Assange has commited acts of war and should be punished according to it, it is no one elses fault he made the crime of rape and molestation it does not matter how much you like him a crime and crimes are a crime and crimes.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Take your backwards thinking to 19th century Salem where it belongs.

And while you're at it, delete your ATS account.

I'm sick of seeing you change things in your quotes from other people to look back and see zero edits on their post.

Grow up.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

It's the Amurican way brother, atleast it seems to be the last decades.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheSellsSeaShells
I don't believe the rape charges for a second and it works out good that he has been arrested. He will be safe for now and we will get the poison pill cables he talked about.

They are based on bullcrap, a ruptured condom and a chick that says he touched her private parts while she was a sleep?
Yeah the man is a serial rapist.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm no longer sure wikileaks is operating in the spirit of public good, however Assange is no doubt an innocent party, by that i mean i think he is doing what he believes is right. As for the rape charges, it's all very suspicious, there is apparently no evidence and so i don't understand why it's going ahead. This to me proves the point regarding rape allegations, a man can be imprisoned with a mere accusation, no proof at all is needed.

I believe it is obvious now that people are out to get the guy, having his defense fund frozen round about the time of his arrest proves it was a well planned affair. It's disgusting that it was frozen and i fear the guy will no doubt end up in prison. However maybe that's what we need, a martyr, a lightning rod for action.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by thenewboy
Julian Assange has commited acts of war and should be punished according to it, it is no one elses fault he made the crime of rape and molestation it does not matter how much you like him a crime and crimes are a crime and crimes.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Take your backwards thinking to 19th century Salem where it belongs.

And while you're at it, delete your ATS account.

I'm sick of seeing you change things in your quotes from other people to look back and see zero edits on their post.

Grow up.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

It's the Amurican way brother, atleast it seems to be the last decades.

Innocent until proven guilty is only in the eyes of the court. In the eyes of the public you are always guilty until proven innocent. And when I say public, I mean general public, not individuals. This is not a comment on my thoughts or beliefs about whether Assange's actions are good or evil. Just something I feel should be cleared up.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
(Putting on my tin-foil hat for a few minutes):

I'm starting to think this whole Julian Assange thing surrounds a secret war between the Rockefellers and Soros, and, hence, a media war between Obama and Hillary.

Obama was Soros' guy, the Clintons represent the Rockefellers. I would not go so far as to say Obama hired Assange, but I can say Obama doesn't mind him so much. Many of the leaks so far seem to put Hillary in a bad light, and this, I think is no coincidence.

No, I haven't forgotten the Rothschilds:enter England. As an earlier poster mentioned, Hillary has strong connections to England. It is interesting that not only is Assange hiding there, but goes so far as to "turn himself in" there. And now he will be detained there (at least for a while).

I think Soros may be involved in the creation of Wikileaks, and somewhere along the way they've decided to use this to make sure Hillary (who is backed by the Rockefellers) poses no threat in the presidential primaries.

Assange now detained in England is the Rockefellers (Hillary) striking back. To my understanding, the Rothschilds will back the Rockefellers. If this were true, it would not bode well for Mr. Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeRaveler
This is more exciting than that time when Richard Dean Anderson was almost back to the stargate but then then the world started to explode and you weren't sure if he was going to make it but then he did just in the nick of time!

So I guess you could say Julian Assange is kind of like Richard Dean Anderson, and Wikileaks is kind of like the stargate, and the molestation allegations are the Goauld.

And you don't want to get f***ed by a Goauld!

This is single handily the greatest post that I have ever read on these forums.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The legal ground for Assanges warrant is that he is suspected for crimes. If, after interrogation, the prosecutor finds that there are legal causes (continuation of criminal activity, interference with the investigation or escaping justice) the prosecutor will ask for a detention court order. The Court decides this.
You claim that the Swedish legal system is in “deep crap” because of Wikileaks. Are you serious? What exactly do you mean? In what way has the revelation of some diplomatic cables affected the Swedish legal system? Do you really think that a prosecutor or Court of law let their work be affected by this? Well, then you have not got a clue about how the legal system works.
In Sweden, (as in most countries) , the legal system and government are separated. It is called “a constitutional government”. A Swedish minister does not have any powers at all to affect a court case. Period. They don’t even have the constitutional right to make decisions in their departments own field of administration with regard to administrative cases involving citizens - that is called “ministerial interference” and is explicitly forbidden in the Swedish constitution. The rule is there to PREVENT politicians bending the law against (or for) individual citizens.
Judges in Sweden are commissioned, meaning that they are virtually impossible to fire. They have this protection under the Constitution. There is no way a politician/minister or even the judges own administrative boss can affect the judges salary, working hours or anything similar. Judges in Sweden are not subject to pressure from politicians – anyone who has the slightest inside knowledge about the Swedish system knows this.
Your claims that Swedish politicians, due to Wiki leaks, will try to affect the legal system is nothing but guess work. Uneducated guess work.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, you see, legally it does not matter what these women may think or not think. It is the prosecutors decision that matters. The prosecutor wants to interrogate Assange. Thats it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shikori

No.
- in Sweden, you dont "bring charges" in a criminal case. You state the facts to the police. The prosecutor decides what legally are the charges.
- the lawyer brought the case to the chief prosecutor for reconsideration. Anyone may anytime do this in any case. The chief prosecutor makes the decision to charge on her own authority, under the law.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik

Originally posted by TimeRaveler
This is more exciting than that time when Richard Dean Anderson was almost back to the stargate but then then the world started to explode and you weren't sure if he was going to make it but then he did just in the nick of time!

So I guess you could say Julian Assange is kind of like Richard Dean Anderson, and Wikileaks is kind of like the stargate, and the molestation allegations are the Goauld.

And you don't want to get f***ed by a Goauld!

This is single handily the greatest post that I have ever read on these forums.

Yea, makes me want to get out my DVD collection of SG1. Not sure it is seriously relevant, but WTH? Maybe it will all turn out like the asteroid that was about to hit Earth, but they jumped it into hyperspace for a short trip to the other side of the planet at the last moment when brilliant Carter thunk it up. THAT was awesome writing.

Out with Jump the Shark. In with Jump the Planet.

Julian does not have the sarcasm and simple wit of Richard. I don't think that would work well for him now anyway. Still the comment was great for me too.

ZG

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by researchit

Good post. Here we have our "Swedish conspiracy" - the background being that in Sweden for decades there has been a strong political movement for gender issues. One output being changes in labelling of sex crimes. Another output being that some people, either by strong belive in the cause or pure opportunism, have made themselves a career in the "gender business": One of the former kind happens to be the lawyer defending the women - Claes Borgström. He was formerly the offical Ombudsman for gender equality and has taken a rather militant stance in these issues. Before he became Ombudsman he was one of the absolutley best lawyers in criminal law in Sweden. I saw him in Court back in those days and he was brilliant. He was probably very convincing when the Cheif prosecutor met him regarding case reopening. My understanding of Borgström is that he has a strong social patos and the highest respect for the law. I have never heard anyone doubt his integrity up until he got involved woth the Assange case. My take on this, what ever it is worth, is that he took the case mainly because he has this strong engagement for gender equality and partly becuase it was a high profile case. Borgström is NOT a polititcian - as claimed by Assanges lawyer - he is a consellour to the Social democratic party. As far a I am aware he has never held a public office as elected politican. So, what about the charges? My bet is that Assange will stay a couple of days in custody and then be released by the court. "Worst case" scenario; fined for misdemeanor.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightandfight
reply to post by shikori

No.
- in Sweden, you dont "bring charges" in a criminal case. You state the facts to the police. The prosecutor decides what legally are the charges.
- the lawyer brought the case to the chief prosecutor for reconsideration. Anyone may anytime do this in any case. The chief prosecutor makes the decision to charge on her own authority, under the law.

The swedish systems proves here to be at least questionable. Have you read my posting?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the "victims" even posted in her blog about a revenge against Assange, as she found out he slept with her best friend as well. We are looking here are two women, mad about an ex-lover who was probably not honest enough. Its obvious to everybody and even the media is talking about that already.

I want to add, this really smells like a conspiracy. There must be external influence, hence from the US.
edit on 8.12.2010 by C64Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by C64Warrior

In a court case, these and other circumstances will be brought forward. Sex crimes are difficult, usually no witnesses. It is very common in rape cases that the perpetrator claims the victim agreed. It is also not uncommon that the victim out of trauma does not report, perhaps even "play along" after the crime with SMS, facebook etc. Of course it also happens that accusations are false, this in itself being a crime. We will see if there is forensic evidence. If there is no forensic evidence, no witnesses but circumstantial evidence against the alleged crime, the court will dismiss this case

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by C64Warrior

. forgot; your take on the swedish legal system. you are qouting a german magazine. i dont know the validity of what is stated there. there might be a revenge motive and there might still be rape. the law cares only about if there is a violation or not. thats the way the law works also in america, i guess. rapists are not only lurking in parks, most sex crimes occurs between people who know each others.again, the law doesnt care about things that are not "legally relevant". rape is a crime. so is false accusation. the court will decide.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Had anyone considered that the 'arrest' or 'turning in to the police' was but a bid to protect the life of Julian?

If MI6 had easily tracked down Julian, or induced him to go over to England, so too can any intelligence agency around the world.

While the civilised western societies do cares about a person being innocent till proven guilty, or at the lest granting a person a fair trial, but it is not so with many of Julian's enemies around the world, more so tyrants, banks and corporations who will not hesitate to silence others using proxies with just a careless whisper...

UK ...may be..... sitting on a hot potato.....

If he dies in govt custody, UK will in for a lot of pain dished out by every human on Earth.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Good they got him! Anyone who lives in America, and dosent want to see him brought to justice for his crimes against our country is just un-patriotic. Freedom of speech is one thing. Treason and espionage are another, As we all wait for this big scarry "poison pill" that probably dosent exist, I hope hes being WATERBOARDED! It kills me how some of the people here are so infauated with this guy. Maybe you should put up your homes to help get your hero out of jail so he can start some wars and get us all killed.
edit on 8-12-2010 by AntiCitizenZone because: Didnt mean to reply to a specific persons post ! But cant seem to fix it.......

edit on 8-12-2010 by AntiCitizenZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

Taken your regular 'blue pills' lately I see.

Unfortunately, the ones who started wars had not been Julian the messenger, but those that you pay so happily through the various forms of taxes and curtailing of your human rights.

Julian through the wikileaks may had STOPPED wars and slavery being currently manipulated behind the public scenes by exposing the duplicities that had awokened many.

But enjoy your blue pill and rainbow dreams, that is, till reality hits you straight up in the face and pull the rug off your feet.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
In Guardian:

Michael Mukasey, a former US attorney general, said last night that American lawyers should try to extradite Assange to the US for betraying government secrets. "If I was still in charge there would have been an investigation," he told the BBC's Newsnight. "This is a crime of a very high order. Julian Assange has been leaking this information. He came into possession of it knowing that it was harmful."

Mukasey, who stepped down from the post of attorney general last year, implied that the Swedish sexual accusations may only be a holding charge. "When one is accused of a very serious crime," he said, "it's common to hold him in respect of a lesser crime … while you assemble evidence of a second crime." ...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Julian The Messenger?? How touching that you refer to him in an almost God like status. Your right about who started the wars .......That is up until now that Your messenger comitted treason against this country. Who said I pay taxes happily LOL! Id like to see someone who does. But I can tell you that my rights are not being curtailed in any way at the moment or I probably wouldnt be writing this reply!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima
In Guardian:

Michael Mukasey, a former US attorney general, said last night that American lawyers should try to extradite Assange to the US for betraying government secrets. "If I was still in charge there would have been an investigation," he told the BBC's Newsnight. "This is a crime of a very high order. Julian Assange has been leaking this information. He came into possession of it knowing that it was harmful."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Amazing, isn't it, comming from no lesser than the exalted status of a US attorney GENERAL, in claiming that the information was harmful IF LEAKED, which means, whatever those secrets were, it would be harmful to the citizens of US as well as world's humanity.

Yet..who were 'they' but only representative of the people, to decide such value and withheld it from their constituents?

Worse, if it was harmful, why had they done nothing to stop such harm from happening, and yet continued on to do only more 'harm'?

In the end. each bears his/her own responsibilities for actions performed. Julian had only exposed the supposed 'harm', but the real perpetrators of 'harm' goes free and unnoticed.

Such is the law as interpretated by the highest attorney of the US govt. Slaves, know your place and kneel before thy masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join