It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Im still catching up on the previous pages of the thread. So hadn't quite gotten up to your post. Thanks for the link though, viewing it now.

link   
Okay this is hilarious! On MSN they are reporting that the two women who had consenual sex with Assange were upset that Assange had sex with them without using a condom. When they couldn't reach him on his cell phone they contacted police to try and reach him. Neither had any intention of filing any type of charges but this presented the authorities with a chance to get some type of charges filed. You can imagine the cops talking them into it. The women only wanted Assange to get checked for any kind of disease. That's it .

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

egotistical ? As in the US Government? They are the corrupt ones here and real people know this. No amount of mud slinging against Wikileaks will change this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Since the Swedish authorities have said that they just want to ask him some questions, and these 'rape' allegations now seem to be more along the lines of these women contacting the authorities to tell him to get himself checked for STDs because he was less than willing to talk to the women directly about it, how does it turn into an Interpol Most Wanted case?

I believe that the US can't make the UK police hand him over (legally), but they have some deal worked out with the Swedes. If the US suddenly take him into custody after his extradition (or if he suddenly becomes miraculously despondent in jail, or finds himself amid 'violent offenders'...or finds a way to shoot himself twice in the head......I hope this doesn't happen!!!) then the 'doomsday file' password will be released. This is why there's so much odd posturing. Right now, Assange seems to hold the leverage. As soon as he loses that leverage, the password will leak. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

well when you are fighting a cause and you are warned look out for sex scandle knowing that is one way they will take him down do you think he would be stupid enough to do it. read the link i posted explains a little more whos linked to who.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spurge

egotistical ? As in the US Government? They are the corrupt ones here and real people know this. No amount of mud slinging against Wikileaks will change this.

Not necessarily. Sure, we can say the United States' actions puts a strain on everyone's trust, but Assange's actions have shown he will stop at nothing to fulfill his agenda. Destruction of the United States.

reply to post by vkturbo

It was most likely planted by someone he knows.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have a few questions I'm hoping some of you can help me with.

In regards to Wikileak's bargaining chip, as I'm calling it, Wikileaks (ie. Assange's representative and lawyer) says that they have information akin to a "thermonuclear device" that they will release if Wikileaks needs to defend itself.

I also read elsewhere that Wikileaks has given encrypted data/information to news and journal sources and that Julian Assange says he will release the key to these encrypted files if anything happens to him. Is the thermonuclear device and the encrypted data given to certain sources the same thing? Is this the "thermonuclear device" that his lawyer was talking about? The so called doomsday data?

If so, how do I obtain this package of encrypted data/information so that if or when the key to the encryption is released, I can use it. Is it available on torrent? Or was it given to selective sources only?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by spurge

Not necessarily. Sure, we can say the United States' actions puts a strain on everyone's trust, but Assange's actions have shown he will stop at nothing to fulfill his agenda. Destruction of the United States.

What's his agenda though? Truth? How can any sensible person be against this? The only negative comments you would find anywhere against Assange are purposfully planted.

Governments have a lot to answer for. They work for us and now we are asking for explanations! There is no other way to see this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

so obviously you didn't read the link well my time is wasted on you as you don't want to read anything about it just add what you think bring some facts not crap

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well in an interview with guardian he said there are conversations about ufo's in the cables which i'm guessing might be apart of those doomsday files.I highly doubt its a bluff though based on the desperate and childish reactions of the powers that be.whatever happens though i hope it pushes DISCLOSURE thats all that matters. There is also something about a coming display of multiple ufo's and some invasion like thing.

Everyone keeps pointing out the UFO thing, like he was going into detail about it, or making a point about bringing it up..........but it wasnt, it was a PASSING mention about it, in response to a question, he barely saw fit to give i more than a few sentence response......

Everyone is goign to be upset to find out that the cables mention little more then blips on a radar from the military or civilian air port.......

I doubt the UFO thing has any government particularly concerned......and im even more skeptical that it has anything to do with Assange's "ace in the hole"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spurgeWhat's his agenda though? Truth? How can any sensible person be against this? The only negative comments you would find anywhere against Assange are purposefully planted.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Comment retracted.
edit on 7-12-2010 by DarkApollo because: desire to revoke comment

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by spurgeWhat's his agenda though? Truth? How can any sensible person be against this? The only negative comments you would find anywhere against Assange are purposefully planted.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I totally agree, although, I believe my view on who are the real terrorists here is different to yours. The cables speak for themselves. I don't see governments denying them as lies.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkApollo
Well the United States governments (local, county, state and federal) are, simply put, evil. So the destruction of the United States would be a good thing.

I want people to see this. Beware of this. Someone on "Above Top Secret" has just made an interesting reply. That is why this individual supports Assange's actions.

When people agree with Assange's actions, you are agreeing with those who share the philosophy displayed above.

That is sick.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well the accusations against Julian are getting weirder and weirder, now the women that accused him of sexual misconduct just wanted him arrested so he can take a an STD,

US want him so bad and can not get him, the only way to prosecute him is if he is in the US and an American citizen that he is neither.

Before federal prosecutors could put Julian Assange on trial, they'd have to get him here. The U.S. has extradition treaties with several European countries, including Sweden. But some do not apply to crimes considered political. Assange's lawyers could argue that any U.S. prosecution was politically motivated. In any event, the extradition process can take months to work through the courts overseas.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The reason that would be a good thing is so your corrupt government wouldn't have anything else to corrupt but you have more things to worry about that cables being leaked your currency is facing losing it reserve currency status. All that is due to how corrupt capitalism is don't you want these people removed from power so you can get your individual liberties back. Or do you like being herded like sheep

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do not speak for Wikileaks supporters or Julian Assange supporters. I am no ones representative. I only speak for myself. So to say that my philosophy is representative or speaking for a whole movement is in error.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo

...The reason that would be a good thing is so your corrupt government wouldn't have anything else to corrupt....

Another person who believes in Assange's agenda has spoken. I want people to understand that some people on here are willing to destroy my nation and its people, so that their interpretation of our actions will come to an end.

That is sick.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by buddhasystem

You literaly cannot check a government, which refuses to allow you to look at it unhindered. Its like doctors, they cant tell you about your prostate without looking up your bunghole.

If you are taking that angle, well, how would it feel if a technician takes pix of the procedure and posts them on Wikileaks?

Terrible metaphor!

Patients are given an unwavering entitlement to total confidentiality. A government ostensibly 'for the people', is not. In fact it's transparency is the key to it's long term success.

Please check your logic. Let's say I'm a consulate worker under cover who is in confidence with certain sources in an Afghani province and who using gifts and peddling influence to gather valuable intel that eventually is used by the US troops. Using your words, I should be entitled to total confidentiality, lest my head is found in a ditch next morning. Now that @sshole Assange comes along and moves me closer just to that outcome.

I'm under the impression that this thread is populated by brilliant students of a kindergarden class.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join