It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thenewboy

It is apparent that you have not read this thread, not to mention the readily available MSM accounts of this case. Now... go do your homework, provide us with proof of any "rape" or "child molestation" and we can talk.

Until then, please keep your uninformed rantings to yourself...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Maybe they are trying to look like idiots on purpose though, to create the illusion that they are just regular, simple minded and illiterate fools, lol. I dunno, you may be right though.

Didn't see the mod note, I wasn't attacking anybody in particular, just raising the possibility that these posts are official propaganda...
edit on 7-12-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
People like Lee Harvey Oswald, Mark David Chapman, or John Hinkley who attach themselves to greater men by destroying them, thereby earning a place in history because no one can ever speak of the great one without speaking of his assassin too. Mr. Assange has revealed his not-so-secret intentions: to destroy the United States of America and thus earn a place in history for himself as the assassin of a great nation.
This insignificant little man is just another in a long line of small, angry, frustrated people who've hoped and failed to bring meaning to their lives by destroying something bigger and better than themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Impressive opinion. Welcome to ats. Pretty down to earth, not sure if I would be quick to judge on whether or not his actions become so very negative but indeed the theme of his art is disruptive.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Its not espionage if you just release the information surely ? I mean ok, one government STEALING information by infiltrating an agent, who then uses their position behind enemy lines to take information from one government and give it to another, or one company and give it to another fine, thats espionage. Surely just relaying what has been said to you, and providing information which has been given to you , for no forced charge and at technicaly no benifit to your self cannot be espionage ? Surely Wikileaks actions only serve the greater good, by preventing governments from lying to the people they represent, or the people they point the bombs at ?

link   
"Lieberman: New York Times may be investigated for espionage" http://(link tracking not allowed)/eG7Gg1 - Boing Boing

link   

Originally posted by thenewboy
I think julian assange this man is a high tech terrorist…he’s done enormous damage to our country and to our relationships with our allies around the world, and he should be prosecuted.

I find people like you do -far- more damage to relationships around the world than wikileaks.

Wikileaks shows some twatness from government officals...you show cognative ineptness of a citizen.
on the internet...everyone is a representative of their country. You represent the worst two faces.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Who are you accusing of espionage?

Clinton or Manning?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I did not say it was espionage. Yet confidential American diplomatic transcripts have been revealed to the WORLD, so the art of espionage is not needed to ascertain such knowledge. If I had to classify it to an art form in politics the closest definition is espionage. You can spin it however you wish. It was just my opinion.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I think julian assange this man is a high tech terrorist…he’s done enormous damage to our country and to our relationships with our allies around the world, and he should be prosecuted.

I find people like you do -far- more damage to relationships around the world than wikileaks.

Wikileaks shows some twatness from government officals...you show cognative ineptness of a citizen.
on the internet...everyone is a representative of their country. You represent the worst two faces.

when good healthy skepticism distorts into action intended to harm, when journalists turn into advocates dedicated to destruction, when Mr. Assange simply dumps hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. documents online without any care for the consequences of doing so, THIS IS A BAD THING.
Mr. Assange does not understand that a free press is a fundamental and necessary part of American society. We as Americans need someone to expose the dishonesty, shady backroom deals, payoffs and bribes which naturally accompany a representative form of government occupied by Human Beings; fallible, corruptible, Human Beings, THIS IS A GOOD THING.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

UPDATE 10.14pm: WIKILEAKS founder Julian Assange has been arrested by officers from Scotland Yard's extradition unit. The 39-year-old Australian was held when he attended a central London police station by appointment. Assange was arrested at 9.30am (8.30pm AEDT) today and is due to appear before a district judge at the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court before 12.30pm (11.30pm AEDT). Police said he had been been arrested on a Swedish warrant.

www.heraldsun.com.au...
edit on 7-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

So he attends a police station and gets arrested and then goes to court the same day or the next. Jesus whats up with our (yes im from the UK) justice system. Illegal immigrants get charged for rape or murder and they never go to court the following day and they dont even get deported

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Destroy the United States?? So, by exposing the true criminals that have hijacked this country, so that real Americans may actually say enough is enough and get this country back on the path to greatness, he is trying to "destroy" the U.S. I have to strongly disagree, by shining a light on the roaches, he is showing us we have a problem and therefore giving us the opportunity to fix the U.S. That is, unless wikileaks is all just a big staged distraction, and if so, I wonder what's going on behind us right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

So he attends a police station and gets arrested and then goes to court the same day or the next. Jesus whats up with our (yes im from the UK) justice system. Illegal immigrants get charged for rape or murder and they never go to court the following day and they dont even get deported

THIS IS THE BEST argument lol.
Although he was put on Interpol's most wanted..

why???????????????

i have no idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Destroy the United States?? So, by exposing the true criminals that have hijacked this country, so that real Americans may actually say enough is enough and get this country back on the path to greatness, he is trying to "destroy" the U.S. I have to strongly disagree, by shining a light on the roaches, he is showing us we have a problem and therefore giving us the opportunity to fix the U.S. That is, unless wikileaks is all just a big staged distraction, and if so, I wonder what's going on behind us right now.

Sometimes exposing the evil in government requires revealing state secrets, but if one's conscience forces them to make that choice then it requires an equally substantial commitment to be responsible with that information, to use it with scalpel-like precision in the cause of good.Not just throw everything into the wind in some blanket attempt to punish the U,S. government. Julian Assange's behavior is reminiscent of a petulant child who, in the midst of a temper tantrum, breaks all the toys so no one else can play with them
no one wants a press which goose-steps in line with whatever the government line is. But no one wants a press which is actively hostile and always attempting to destroy the government either.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

U.S. newspapers, broadcasters, radio announcers, bloggers and anyone else involved in the various media beware. Uncle Sam doesn't like you knowing what's really going on. Secrets are sanctified ground/no trespassing.

Ah, the good old days:

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

www.americanrhetoric.com...

Props to ATS member thewanger for pointing me to JFK's important words.
edit on 7/12/10 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

when good healthy skepticism distorts into action intended to harm, when journalists turn into advocates dedicated to destruction, when Mr. Assange simply dumps hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. documents online without any care for the consequences of doing so, THIS IS A BAD THING.

aka, leaking information for public consumption is a bad thing...

Mr. Assange does not understand that a free press is a fundamental and necessary part of American society. We as Americans need someone to expose the dishonesty, shady backroom deals, payoffs and bribes which naturally accompany a representative form of government occupied by Human Beings; fallible, corruptible, Human Beings, THIS IS A GOOD THING.

aka, leaking information for public consumption is a good thing

make up your mind...you have been championing ignorance and killing any whom would bring things to light for pages now...and suddenly you are making a 360? (would say 180, but you did a complete circle in this post.)

Anyhow, I am not talking about that...you have your views, I have mine.
I am talking about your trolling the thread, then going back and changing your post once it had the desired effect and changing it to something soft and fluffy.

Your deceptive, your a liar, and your child antics are not unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It is not only Mr. Assange and his viperous lackeys who are responsible for this unprecedented, underhanded, backstabbing; the members of the liberal American media are also culpable.

Of course they will say that they had nothing to do with the theft of U.S. secrets, they will way that they're only reporting a story, they will split hairs and spin words to justify their cooperation with our enemies, but that won't change the fact that they are doing exactly what Mr. Assange and other enemies of America want:

To expose embarassing secrets in order to sow the seeds of distrust and suspicion among our people. To create fear among !!

The media was doing a fine job of that before Wikileaks. Now it's all about gov't saving gov't tail, with no view to the past Wikileaks. Yes we're truly living backwards lives at the moment because we are told not to look at the past, but the FUTURE!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Come on people.... who really cares about what´s going to be released. I haven´t really seen anything yet that we don´t already know about. Sure a few things about the U.S goverment etc but none of it suprises me. Goverments that are prepared to kill their own people in name of national security and to cover up or to stop rouge people releasing information to Joe Public. Is it any suprise that they would slag off other countries or policy from other countries including leaders.

Everybody knows what´s going on with this and if you look hard enough most of these cables have been covered somewhere else, probably somewhere on ATS.

I feel sorry for the guy taking all the flak and being locked up but is this the real agenda here ? I think not.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr

It is not only Mr. Assange and his viperous lackeys who are responsible for this unprecedented, underhanded, backstabbing; the members of the liberal American media are also culpable.

Of course they will say that they had nothing to do with the theft of U.S. secrets, they will way that they're only reporting a story, they will split hairs and spin words to justify their cooperation with our enemies, but that won't change the fact that they are doing exactly what Mr. Assange and other enemies of America want:

To expose embarassing secrets in order to sow the seeds of distrust and suspicion among our people. To create fear among !!

The media was doing a fine job of that before Wikileaks. Now it's all about gov't saving gov't tail, with no view to the past Wikileaks. Yes we're truly living backwards lives at the moment because we are told not to look at the past, but the FUTURE!

The future of what? None sense journalism only wanting to make money off of free information.. You did hear they were selling the information right.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Channel 4 UK (twitter)

krishgm Justice Sec Ken Clarke just told us lots of the wikileaks are of great interest, and that doing damage with them is not a crime #wikileaks

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join