It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
I would interested to know how Sweden expects to find an unbiased jury should they actually try a worldwide celebrity.

I have an idea. Send him to remote areas of Afghanistan and explain accusations to local Sharia guys.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
All right, it's OK to have a nice little idealistic fest here and there.

Thing is, we don't live in this alternate and happy reality. We as species had politics, diplomacy and occasionally wars for a few millenia, and it won't change because of Assange. Fair or not, you won't likely be dating a supermodel and arrive to work in a chocolate limo. And there won't be world peace any time soon, either, so let's stick with what's relevant now. And what's relevant that through irresponsible actions, Assange is a huge distraction and possibly damage to the US diplomacy. And a schmuck.
edit on 7-12-2010 by buddhasystem because: typo

This is the most atrocious piece of BS I had ever head on ATS! Period!!!

Just because we do not live in a reality that can be happy and war-free, etc, does not mean we do not strive for it!!!!

What the courageous Julian had done was ONLY to expose what's being going on behind the scenes, of what that had been kept away from us by EUNARCHS called politicians whom under the guise of DIPOLOMACY and fears over loss of vote to do what that is neccesary for the long lerm survival of a society.

The facts are self evident. They are THERE!

Just because you think one cannot marry a supermodel or arrive in a choco limo, does not and needs not be the belief of 6 billion of rational adults from mankind. You may fail, but others, with encouragement and support to do the right thing, may just stun you into disbelief with 'reality'!, challenging your long held limitating disablities.

Step back. A revolution is on hand. Julian is only a messenger. It'NOT the messenger, or who he is that counts. It's the messages in the files released for flawed mankind to responsibly act or sweep it all under the table within a short time for failures of our societies or any societies to crumble.

May the admintion that counts, but it's the ta--n british fullow the hardoare of democracy, that we secure an innocent generions to come, to forgive and support the cause 0 survial of FEE human lives.

edit on 7-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
YES this is great!

Finally doing the good thing and turning himself in....

Now try him for treason and hang him!!!!

If your attitude is that of your governments, there is no way he will be extradited to the USA, Sweden does not have capital punishment, thank goodness.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Some of you may be interested in this as Assange's culpability. Others of you will not.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 1 > § 2
Prev | Next § 2. Principals
(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.
(b) Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.

Bradley Manning is a traitor. You figure it out whether Assange is culpable as a traitor and can be punished accordingly.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by andrewh7
I would interested to know how Sweden expects to find an unbiased jury should they actually try a worldwide celebrity.

I have an idea. Send him to remote areas of Afghanistan and explain accusations to local Sharia guys.

Oh hell, I could do it.
I am truely on the fence about the guy. If there is a crime he committed, and it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then he is guilty..

Who he is is of little consequence to me. follow the law as written or get the approprate slapping for the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

I wasnt wishing death on anyone - it was merely a suggestion.
maybe you should read a little more thouroughly before replying eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Originally posted by thecinic
YES this is great!

Finally doing the good thing and turning himself in....

Now try him for treason and hang him!!!!

If your attitude is that of your governments, there is no way he will be extradited to the USA, Sweden does not have capital punishment, thank goodness.

If the US want him they would get him....
Dead or Alive

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow, alot of you just don't get it. I'm not putting him up as a hero or anything and I don't believe its about ego. They put a face on wikileaks to humanize it. And the info released so far isn't too mindblowing, but it is interesting. Any info to wake up the zombies is ok in my book.
This is all an idea to change the way you think, or atleast make you open minded. The info doesn't harm America at all. And yeah, it could be a "controlled" situation as well.
I see these overly negative and overly positive comments, lets just let it ride out. The world sucks and we are the peons. Lets see if anything happens.....if it doesn't, we can go back to our pointless money driven lives.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Are we being bombarded with all these one liner "kill him, i'll be happy to see him dead, rape his butt" idiots on purpose? It's like the Israeli and Chinese threads, all these paid posters trying to create the illusion that the majority supports the crooked governments. It's so completely obvious.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well since everyone is dropping opinions on this guy and what he represents I will add mine, I am sure not all will agree nor agree, nor even understand my opinion.

In one fold I think what he did is not all that wrong, considering the leak on the Iraq/afghan war I think,
The leaks on the diplomatic relations as far as all the memo's and chronological state of affairs analogies when it comes to diplomatic relations I dunno. Its close to espionage as far as I can tell. Now do I think Governments should be secretive well perhaps when it comes to diplomatic relations with other countries since allot of that has to do with agreements that are usually done diplomatically and not publically. So indeed this is where I see the foul in assange's actions. Do I think he needs to be put to death or imprisoned forever for it, not really I think the people who provided him with the information should, I think he is just a smuck in a sense and someone who does not like the united states for whatever reason and feels it is somehow his responsibility to cause instability in the World we live in under the false flag of doing good for the people of the World. I find it comical that a guy who wants to be taken serious on the World stage ends up getting arrested for molestation and rape. That is the Comedy I suppose in this whole story. I think it will end here, quite frankly. That's what I think that's my opinion I am sure their will something to be learned here.
For him at least.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Are we being bombarded with all these one liner "kill him, i'll be happy to see him dead, rape his butt" idiots on purpose? It's like the Israeli and Chinese threads, all these paid posters trying to create the illusion that the majority supports the crooked governments. It's so completely obvious.

I would think paid posters would be more eloquent in their speech and convincing in their arguments.

no...what your seeing here are kids on vacation and the mentally inferior that got locked out of their WoW account and banned from many other places.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think julian assange this man is a high tech terrorist…he’s done enormous damage to our country and to our relationships with our allies around the world, and he should be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Like Bin Laden right?

Indeed, all those annyoing one liners of hang him etc are so stupid.. Feels like where in the middle ages again.. No proof whatsoever, but copying eachother like parrots.. How pathetic.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think people are only defending him because they think he's going to release those fictional stories about magical creatures from other worlds visiting the planet. Atleast it's good to know Assange think these people are "weirdos" also.

We can agree on one thing.
edit on 7-12-2010 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, changing member names to make a point, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in warnings and/or post removals.This could also result in the threads closure.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

link   

Originally posted by andy1033
He should of known if he is smart that uk police use electronic mind control, so he has to be careful in his thoughts too.

Ok, back to reality now...

Hopefully Assange is indeed released but I'm doubting it. Didn't he claim if he's arrested he'd release the "good?" Where are they?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow, alot of you just don't get it. I'm not putting him up as a hero or anything and I don't believe its about ego. They put a face on wikileaks to humanize it. And the info released so far isn't too mindblowing, but it is interesting. Any info to wake up the zombies is ok in my book.
This is all an idea to change the way you think, or atleast make you open minded. The info doesn't harm America at all. And yeah, it could be a "controlled" situation as well.
I see these overly negative and overly positive comments, lets just let it ride out. The world sucks and we are the peons. Lets see if anything happens.....if it doesn't, we can go back to our pointless money driven lives.

link   

Originally posted by thenewboy
I think julian assange this man is a high tech terrorist…he’s done enormous damage to our country and to our relationships with our allies around the world, and he should be prosecuted.

The least you could do is quote the author of that talking point. Sheesh!

www.mediaite.com...

link   
It is not only Mr. Assange and his viperous lackeys who are responsible for this unprecedented, underhanded, backstabbing; the members of the liberal American media are also culpable.

Of course they will say that they had nothing to do with the theft of U.S. secrets, they will way that they're only reporting a story, they will split hairs and spin words to justify their cooperation with our enemies, but that won't change the fact that they are doing exactly what Mr. Assange and other enemies of America want:

To expose embarassing secrets in order to sow the seeds of distrust and suspicion among our people. To create fear among !!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider

Originally posted by thenewboy

The least you could do is quote the author of that talking point. Sheesh!

www.mediaite.com...

Didn't know im new you people just bash each other

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join