It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by buddhasystem

Human beings shouldnt be competing like that in hopes of others failing. That's what creates bitter divisions, hatred, and war. All that time and energy should be spent working together, for the good of ALL humanity. What a thought, huh? If we all worked together, we could be colonizing other planets, and making huge strides in our evolution. But instead, all of our resources are wasted on finding new and exciting ways to kill each other. We're doomed to extinction if this mindset continues. We don't fight with sticks and stones anymore...

Tell them that.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Misoir

It was bound to happen due to the security reasons, as long as he was running away his life would have been in danger.

Now I wonder how long before he commits suicide while in custody

In America is not such thing as "political assassinations" is call, "suicide and accidents"
edit on 7-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Would be a great thing now would it not

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire

Originally posted by Misoir
RussiaToday: WikiLeaks damage to US foreign policy colossal according to political scientist Timothy Colton.

You know, if the people in political office weren't such bastards, there wouldn't be any "colossal" damage to foreign policy. The lack of transparency in this administration, and others around the world, is ominous. The type of person who is honest has no need for opaque political policy. The type of person who is dishonest makes every attempt to hide his actions.

It's common sense. Or didn't they teach that in "political science"?

No the only thing taught, covered in an educatuional disguisse, is might makes right.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How can a guy who leaks "government secrets" not find a way to wekileak his own set up? We all know our government lies! Leak some real info about alien contact, population control hell even jfk truths!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1
Tell them that.

I thought I just did...

edit on 7-12-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1

Tell them that.

I thought I just did...

edit on 7-12-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

yeah maybe you should tell them again.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

The onlty reaon this guy was arrested is because he released calssified information period.

For the love of GOD! Either learn to spell or just go away before your mommy takes away your keyboard!

I feel much better now!

edit on 7-12-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Human beings shouldnt be competing like that in hopes of others failing. That's what creates bitter divisions, hatred, and war. All that time and energy should be spent working together, for the good of ALL humanity. What a thought, huh? If we all worked together, we could be colonizing other planets, and making huge strides in our evolution. But instead, all of our resources are wasted on finding new and exciting ways to kill each other. We're doomed to extinction if this mindset continues. We don't fight with sticks and stones anymore...

All right, it's OK to have a nice little idealistic fest here and there.

Thing is, we don't live in this alternate and happy reality. We as species had politics, diplomacy and occasionally wars for a few millenia, and it won't change because of Assange. Fair or not, you won't likely be dating a supermodel and arrive to work in a chocolate limo. And there won't be world peace any time soon, either, so let's stick with what's relevant now. And what's relevant that through irresponsible actions, Assange is a huge distraction and possibly damage to the US diplomacy. And a schmuck.
edit on 7-12-2010 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by RMFX1

The onlty reaon this guy was arrested is because he released calssified information period.

If he commited a crime when this happened why are the coming after him now.

Actually the charge is sexual misconduct. He hasn't broken any law when dealing with the cablegate material. Not to mention that he is a member of the media. Cannot be considered as spy since the material will be revealed for all and not used for the benefit of some intel service.

How about Manning. I think he should be put to death for treason against his coutry at a time of war.

Sorry Bradley Manning you should be shot by a firing squad for what you have caused. People will die because of this.

Hold your head low soldier you should be ashamed of your self. You took the oath and were sworn to secrecy. If you had a problem there are wistle blower procedures which if needed you should have followed.

Off with your head you tool.

Time of war
Ok I'll bite anyway. He took an oath to protect the country from enemies both foreign and domestic. If exposing diblomatic cables which reveal the elitist string pulling that is hidden from all people isn't covered by that then nothing is. It's not like he could attack the enemies domestic in a more straight forward method. Manning is a hero and calling him a tool is #censored#.
edit on 7/12/2010 by PsykoOps because: formatting

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

after reading through two sources for U.S. Code, Title 18, Section 793, it is clear this is american law for american citizens.
this applies to the soldier in question, not for wikileaks.

This is on the same lines as a enemy combatant coming across plans from american troops about some raid and handing that plan to his commander. the person whom came across it did not commit some international crime and no court in the world would try the case.
because it is discussing americans and those in america recieving information.

What your saying is akin to someone robbing a store here, therefore he broke a law in france...it doesn't hold weight.

Now, putting that aside, I personally think that what wikileaks is distrubuting is tripe..there has yet to be anything wildly revealing or even interesting...
One of the big eye openers is not what is secret, but just how much unnecessary crap is secret overall...but thats just my personal take on it. I am far more fascinated with how the world is exploding over this guy not for what he is releasing, but simply what he did....and again, the guy is simply the symbol of the organization...aka, the clown for McDonalds. He himself may not have even handled the information...he may be little more than a paid actor. Him in jail will not stop the leaks, because he is not the one turning the wheels..just the guy answering the question.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
yes but is It a setup to set the nations alight with talk of who hates who so the the next stage of global take over can occur....Just keep an Eye on what might happen...the next in the evolution of the global take down....
Set up the act of making a scapegoat for the truth to trigger off more disputes about the influenial parts of the world...the next big false flag.
The setup being about what the focus of wikileaks becomes in the MSM....will it focus on the political realationships of nations like china ..North Korea the falling apart of nations....Sweden a neutral country that has always prided itself on it's own neutrality now having to take a stance and pick political lines...Drawing a line in the sands.
The breakdown of Society...inciting controls on the Internet...strength is in shutting down the mannor in which people can actually speak somewhat freely against the actual roll of goverments.
Does people whom talk about the freedom of speaking now have to hide.
The false flag of givng more rights to the governing bodies over the rights of the people.
The right to now inflict other things at those whom speak out.
Assange just becomes another puppet in the world of the propoghanda machine....MSM uses this as big news when really most the facts of the realise are already known as to how countries feel about each other.
And since when does rape cross so many borders that extradition becomes the quick norm in these matters....ask people whom have been raped how many times the perp has gone to another country and it is extremely difficult to get them extradictedto the country of origin.
So is Wikileaks a setup and Assange going to be the fall guy ....or is he a willing participant in a global games of high treason to gain yet more control over what we as people have the right to do ornot do and gain control over the internet.....I guess time will help us to decide.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by Rocky Black

For the love of GOD! Either learn to spell or just go away before your mommy takes away your keyboard!

I feel much better now!

edit on 7-12-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

Why must you demean people??
edit on 7-12-2010 by thenewboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Well since he turned himself in I doubt we'll be getting the keys for the goods any time soon? Or is this part of Assange's plan since he knows they'd never let him go? Interesting times ahead.

By the way lets use this thread out of the 6 that were just created

edit on 7-12-2010 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

I think he said the password would be released if all wikileaks pages went down or he was actually put on trial for rape. Either option would leave him with nothing to lose. I would interested to know how Sweden expects to find an unbiased jury should they actually try a worldwide celebrity.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Julian Assange has commited acts of war and should be punished according to it, it is no one elses fault he made the crime of rape and molestation it does not matter how much you like him a crime and crimes are a crime and crimes

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thenewboy

The ban in you is strong, young skywalker.

Pleasure knowing ya...ciao

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes the insurance should be released now but he will most likely hold out on us once again... What a sham we are waiting for the insurance key...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yeah, better to just accept the status quo, and dismiss the notion of not killing other people as a fantasy. It's worked out so well for us thus far. That's why I said maybe we can evolve a little further, just because we had wars in the past, doesn't mean we are eternally damned to have to kill each other. You seem content letting the rich old bastards control us all. Good for you. I would like to see that end personally, and now that we the people of the world have a way to actually communicate directly with each other, without the middle man trying to start sh!t, maybe my fantasy can become a reality. And I'd settle for world peace, no need for the super model or the chocolate limo.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thenewboy
Julian Assange has commited acts of war and should be punished according to it, it is no one elses fault he made the crime of rape and molestation it does not matter how much you like him a crime and crimes are a crime and crimes.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Take your backwards thinking to 19th century Salem where it belongs.

And while you're at it, delete your ATS account.

I'm sick of seeing you change things in your quotes from other people to look back and see zero edits on their post.

Grow up.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
there is no key...Its a bluff...
He;s trying to blackmail the US. But its not going to work.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thenewboy
Julian Assange has commited acts of war and should be punished according to it, it is no one elses fault he made the crime of rape and molestation it does not matter how much you like him a crime and crimes are a crime and crimes

a prime example of the cognitive capacities of mainstream society.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join