It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
he has kept them distracted and been on the run for so long, because THEY don't like what he is doing.

How does that prove that he's not a egomaniac? Of course THEY don't like what he did. And personally I don't either.

And the argument about the "balls"... Meh. Tim McVeigh got balls big enough to go and bomb a Federal building complete with a daycare center. So what.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You sign the official secrets act,you break it,you go straight to jail..Put simply ,you would`nt tell your neighbours were your gold watch,necklace,diamond rings Etc. are in the bottom drawer ,or in your atic.In the UK if you told your neighbour you had a gun...without a licence ..Yeah you go straight to jail.He is`nt a hero ,he serves a purpose but unfortunately he chose to reveal the wrong stuff in his pursuits,he could have been more selective.If he is a rapist then he is his own worst enemy.Enough said I don`t feel either way about the geezer it was his choice,he could have used other methods,I mean alot of espionage does go on but alot of people get smashing houses out of it.Well... he is getting a house out of it when you think about it.

link   
Hot diggity dog. It's about time.

Assange took a swing at the U.S. Are you naive enough to think we won't swing back?

He is a narcissist, nothing more. Even smart people do dumb things.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Why don't you like what he did? If the Americans hadn't been covering stuff up in the first place, there would be nothing to release.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theroosterkills

Are you kidding my? You joking right?

Look up molested in the dictionary or rape and post it for us please. #e talker...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by 27jd

This guy is a traitor period.

Please define to me what the word "traitor" means.

once you give me the book definition and how it applies to him, then we can discuss the rest of what you wrote...but for now, I will wait for you to give me the definition of the word.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This guy is a traitor period.

Says you. I'm an American as well, I say he's not. Our corrupt politicians, who send our troops to fight based on LIES, are the traitors.

He did it all wrong. If you have clearance you do not give out information. Period.

I disagree. If you have clearance, and you find out that our government is LYING to the people they serve, in order to benefit the ones who pay them off over THE PEOPLE, the TRUE honor lies in living up to the OATH that you took, and exposing the domestic enemies for who they are. Period.

We are at war. War has been declared correct.

With what nation or standing army? A rag tag group of religious whackos are not the job of our regular military to combat. Special forces hits, and precision munitions when actionable intel is recieved, would be the legitimate way to go. Not invading and occupying a sovereign nation. How many wars are we in now? The war on drugs, the war on terror, etc. etc. Why have we not invaded Mexico? There are rag tag groups of extremely violent men there that are killing Americans too.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Hot diggity dog. It's about time.

Assange took a swing at the U.S. Are you naive enough to think we won't swing back?

He is a narcissist, nothing more. Even smart people do dumb things.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

This is not the US swinging, its Sweden.

Sorry, the US is currently sitting on the sidelines watching whats going on
The US has no charges filed against him at the moment.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is a great day we should mark december 7th as Julian arrested day throw big parties...

This is good news this man is a menace you should be happy this day has came he will now get what is coming to him.

December 7th assange arrested day.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by theroosterkills

Are you kidding my? You joking right?

Look up molested in the dictionary or rape and post it for us please. #e talker...

I know its been shown to you a million times before...and no doubt you will ignore this also.

The crime in question is he didn't wear a condom.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well this was bound to happen. I just hope these charges are done with quickly in an open trial. If the prosecution asks for closed doors trial then you know it'll stink to high heavens.

[Edit] and I apprently screwed up my avatar...

edit on 7/12/2010 by PsykoOps because: lol

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He didn't wear a condom? how could he subject them poor young girls to herpes, syphilis, and aides that is terrible.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

We see this false patriotism all the time. These people will become a part of the snitch based society governments try to create. They will be the ones to cheer on the persecution of dissent and turn a blind eye to other injustices.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeRaveler
This is more exciting than that time when Richard Dean Anderson was almost back to the stargate but then then the world started to explode and you weren't sure if he was going to make it but then he did just in the nick of time!

So I guess you could say Julian Assange is kind of like Richard Dean Anderson, and Wikileaks is kind of like the stargate, and the molestation allegations are the Goauld.

And you don't want to get f***ed by a Goauld!

Who's the Asgard?
And who's the tok ra?

This episode is starting to get interesting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
It's so easy for keyboard warriors to downgrade Assange's importance. Hero? That may be pushing it for most. Irrelevant? Certainly not.

It's so easy for keyboard warriors to play down the importance of opinions of others by referring to them in a derogatory fashion. In your case by referring to people of opposing opinion to yours as keyboard "warriors" .

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Why don't you like what he did? If the Americans hadn't been covering stuff up in the first place, there would be nothing to release.

Puh-leeeze.... Saying that diplomatic communications should be public domain makes about as much sense as saying that we should do away with curtains so that neighbors can see into each other bedrooms.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Puh-leeeze.... Saying that diplomatic communications should be public domain makes about as much sense as saying that we should do away with curtains so that neighbors can see into each other bedrooms.

Exactly.
The world has no business knowing secrets...but they do need to know of crimes.

If Wikileaks filtered what they were sending out, and only dropping actual crimes, I think the division on this would be minimal..but they are publishing secrets. Secrets that have no actual consequence beyond creating a unstable diplomatic environment.

Again..if there is crimes, expose them, shine a bright light on it for the world to see...but a secret of how someone thinks of another, or other such nonsense...its unnecessary and simply stupid. This guy, and wikileaks, is not some heroic organization..however, they are not committing treason either..they are just exercising one part light shining with 10 parts bad form.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Not really, one is about personal privacy and the other is about national and international politics.
A GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE OPEN TO ALL!
Everybody needs to know what his or her country is doing, the world should know what every government is doing. Only then can there be trust between people and government, governments and governments, countries and countries and people and people.
So no it is not the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This might be the greatest day in my life with this basterd in jail i am so happy this man has molested and raped women he has broken so many laws and thinks he can get away with it next time he should be lined up in front of a fireing squad.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join