It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Voronezh UFO Landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hello

I am still fascinated by this UFO/Alien case...in my opinion its the best Alien contact case, with many witness and good media coverage...this case is NOT very well known in the West and not fully investigated

Allegedly occurring in the city of Voronezh, this account was actually carried in America by the St. Louis Dispatch, on October 11, 1989. Its original source was the Russian newspaper Tass. The case begins with the testimony of several children who claimed to see a three-eyed alien, who was guarded by a robot. The children along with some adults, watched a UFO land on the outskirts of the city of 800,000. Soon, a tall alien being emerged from the ship, and shot a beam at a young boy. The young boy supposedly vanished. The details of the case originated with one Genrikh Silanov, head of the Voronezh Geophysical Laboratory, who related his findings to TASS. Silanov says that the newspaper took creative license with his report. The Russian newspaper stated that Russian scientists had confirmed the landing of an alien spaceship. This ship was flown by giant aliens who had small, beady heads. Their spaceship was a large ball-shaped object. According to the TASS report, three of these giant alien beings emerged from the craft, and strolled through a nearby park. The frightening robot never left their side. Members of a crowd that had gathered near the craft stated that they had seen a "three-eyed alien about 10 feet tall, clad in silvery overalls and bronze-colored boots and wearing a disk on his chest." The giant aliens must have been frightened by the small children, because one of the aliens pointed a weapon at one young boy, and caused him to disappear. The alien himself then disappeared into the ship. The children made various drawings of the aliens and their ship which were published in the newspaper.

notice how drawings of aliens differ from witness to witness

alien 2

Several drawings were made by some of the children who supposedly witnessed the events of Voronezh. A couple of these are included here. One of the drawings showed the Cyrillic alphabet character "zhe" on the side of the UFO. TASS listed three witnesses' names, all of whom were youngsters. They also stated that a group of international researchers would be investigating the claims of the witnesses. Voronezh residents interviewed later claimed they had observed this UFO not just during the above incident but also many times on September 21, 23, 29 and October 2, between 6 and 9 PM. Some of these incidents involved a different entity: small, with grayish-green face and blue overcoat resembling a loose raincoat.

this case seem to be forgotten by western media, but its most probably one of the best UFO / Alien landing cases..good info, good drawings, many witness...

mods: i know this one has been discussed here, but im new here on ATS so maybe i post things allready posted, didnt have the time to read whole ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I dont know if you any of you are good in translating it to dutch otherwise ill do it in the weekend.
Anyway this is a dutch news episode of 12 october 1989 talking about the Voronezh incident.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There's some interesting reading below about the Voronezh case and how the Tass news agency passed the story of the incident down through the Western media - it also brings up the Ummo symbol and re-examination of physical trace evidence.

On October 28, Agence France Press published a new more informed dispatch: a commission directed by the vice-president of the University of Voronezh had carried out analyses and checks on the site of the landing, and refuted all the rumours: no radioactivity, no anomaly. The chief of the Laboratory of Geophysics of Voronezh specified that so-called "rock unknown on Earth requiring more analyses" was merely a piece of iron ore.

link

Absence of Self also counters the points in this post and lists other UFO sightings from the same time and area here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow thats great info thanks for sharing that with us !

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm bumping this because I just found out that Dan Aykroyd highly recommends people look into this incident further. And when the Dalai Lama of the UFO world says to pay attention ... we should pay attention. More Info Here

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just have to bump this thread, as I only recently learned of this encounter.

o_O

If this incident did indeed occur, and it is AFAIK one of the few close encounters that was mass-reported by a crowd of witnesses so ~everyone~ would need to be in on the scam were it a hoax....

I say again

o_O

This would be one of the most thought-provoking and in a way frightening ET encounters to have ever been recorded in human history.

Too bad it doesn't seem to receive as much attention as some other more widely known stories (Barny & Betty Hill abduction, Travis Walton).

What I also found fascinating is the similarity in the physical description of the alleged aliens, and the technique they used to imobolize their subject, is very much like the Pascagoula Abduction case in the 70's. Read up on that one; pay particular attention about the creatures described in that case:

A door opened on the ship, they said, and three creatures emerged and seized the men, floating or levitating them into the craft. Both men reported being paralyzed and numb. Parker claimed that he had fainted due to fright. They described the creatures as being roughly humanoid in shape, and standing about five feet tall. The creatures' skin was pale in color and wrinkled, and they had no eyes that the men could discern, and slits for mouths. Their heads also appeared connected directly to their shoulders, with no discernible neck. There were three "carrot-like" growths instead - one where the nose would be on a human, the other two where ears would normally be.

edit on 24-4-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm very skeptic when it comes to this case. This happened back in a time when the Soviet Union was being a bit more "open", and actively doing efforts to appear as such to the western world. The story came directly from the state media and was forwarded to the foreign correspondents and to western media outlets.
Then there's the Ummo symbol, which was something big in the ufology scene back then, but we know today that the entire Ummo affair was a fabrication.
So to me, it looks like it they took all the elements that were "popular" in the typical close encounter back then, fabricated the story, chose some people to serve as "witnesses" and then made sure that the story circulated.

And still this is one of the first cases I remember to see reported in mainstream media (and on national television, on one of the most prestigious weekly news program), so it was a shock to me and at the time I totally saw this as validation and as proof that all the weird # I read in those obscure books was actually real. Now, however, far from convinced that this was anything else but a publicity stunt.

Here's the program I remember, if you are curious (in spanish, sorry): www.rtve.es...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Crusher

Skepticism in moderate doses is healthy; the reasons you cite (old Soviet Union grabbing publicity and Western media attention) seem somewhat plausible.

The thing that makes me question the idea of hoax though: it involved many many children. I could see a hoax involving a handful of adults who can think through their "encounter", coordinate the details and ensure their stories line up. Children though? Good luck getting them to play along, or at least to an extent where their telling of the story makes sense and aligns with all of the others in the group. IMO the larger the group of people that witness something, the more evident it is when they are making crap up.

I'll confess, the language barrier is hard for me to get past, in terms of hearing all of the details "from the horses mouth". That is of course a point in favor your skeptic outlook: translators converting the childrens' stories into another language could easily "take liberties" with the words. I just think though that it'd be hard to use that technique to fool anybody outside the Soviet Union that spoke fluent Russian (they'd know very easily if translators were influencing the children with leading questions.

The kicker too: I saw a video taken relatively recently, where the children from the incident had all grown up, and were recounting what they remembered from that day. While they personally might have motive to continue fibbing, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, there isn't much reason or justification for a state-controlled publicity stunt any longer.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I agree that when there are multiple child witnesses and they all tell the same story, it's worth giving it some credibility. But in this case we don't know if that's what happened. Even when western journalists talked with the children, all the witnesses where brought to the journalists by some authority. And it's always the same kid, apparently. So it's very hard to verify if all the kids were actually telling the same or not. But if some of them has spoken about this as an adult I admit it would be interesting to know more.

But then, there's the other red flag: the Ummo symbol.

top topics

join