It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki leaks.. Britain.. Burma and Manchester utd...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Burmas dictator wanted to buy man utd to boost his popularity, it emerged yesterday.
Than shwe considered a £634 million bid for the club in the wake of his country's worst natural disaster. The stunning revelation came via wiki leaks as a European arrest warrant for founder Julian assange 39, was handed to Scotland yard.
A major review of britains security was also ordered in the wake of the sites leaks.
According to American intelligence, red devils fan general shwe 77, ranked 4th in the list of worst dictators, was urged to bid by his grandson In 2009. His regime thought buying one of the worlds biggest football clubs would distract the poor population from the problems following cyclone nags in 2008.
But he pulled out at the last minute because he thought it might 'look bad' after the disaster in which 140,000 died. Instead he ordered the creation of a costly national football league.
Meanwhile the government yesterday condemned wikileaks for putting a secure list of global facilities that the u.s considers vital to national security.
It included locations in the uk, such as satellite sites and an Aussie snake venom factory.
Assange is believed to be in hiding in the south east.
Last night his laser said they were making arrangements to meet cops in the "foreseeable future" after an extradition request from Sweden. Assanfe is wanted there over an alleged sex assault..
edit on 7-12-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I wish he did buy Manchester United. I hate that club, and i imagine all sorts of bad things would have happened as a result of the 4th worst dictator owning them.

Shame it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

Lol... Could have used Gary Neville and Wayne Rooney in the military..... For shooting practise!

new topics

join