It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security 'messages' coming to Walmart, hotels, malls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Homeland Security 'messages' coming to Walmart, hotels, malls

www.rawstory.com

Shoppers at Walmart will soon have something other than glossy magazines and chewing gum to look at when in the checkout line: A "video message" from the Department of Homeland Security asking them to look out for "suspicious" activity and report it immediately.

It's part of a new Department of Homeland Security program that could see Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's face on video screens in malls, retail outlets and hotels across the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gee, and let me guess what will come next after that---RAPE-i-scan machines and 'pat down' guards...

We are starting to resemble something more like "V for Vendetta", or Nazi-germany by the day here. These fear-mongers are invading every aspect of our lives.

It's almost like they want to take every opportunity to tell the public to be fearful, paranoid and suspicious at every turn.

Grocery stores, hotels, and malls? When is enough enough? How far we have slid in such short time. Sigh.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What really disturbs me the most is the propaganda turning "Americans" into terrorists. Be it free speech, t-party, protesters or people who don't want to go down a draconian techno-tyranny. The once free, liberated American is now becoming the new propagandized terrorist. That sickens me greatly. I find it totally offensive.

Big Brother's watching... and secretly plotting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

"Suspicious Activity"....... that covers a lot of ground.

To me sporting a McCain/Palin bumper sticker makes me suspicious that some one is a few bricks shy of a load and might endanger themselves or others.

Pretty subjective if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Awww yeea, this is getting real greasy. It would be almost comical if it wasn't sinister. Gotta love that its Walmart first... the crowd that wonders into its insatiable mouth will be the most likely to accept this. Ahh, the ever-vigilant minded majority

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Already discussed here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You should comply with the Homeland security and report every one that is doing "suspicious" activity .

The problem would be if you can't tell the undercover policeman or the terrorist apart.
How can you recognise a real in uniform police office if his behaviour is out of the normal procedures required for good honest policing? How do you know that TSA unifromed person walking through the concourse is real or fake, he could be a terrorist. How are you to know what is ok for the store detective to do but not a crimmal mastermind? Is that person talking on a hands free device with their hands in their pockets holding a gun, selling crack, or just holding onto their wallet because there is so many thieves out there. Any terrorist will now a days be dressing not to be profiled so will wear suits and carry brief cases, or dark glasses indoors. no that's not a poker player it's .. Well you can imagine it so therefore someone can do it.

Report everything every single time, it is better to be safe than sorry.

PS if you are worried stay home, don't go out and have everything delivered to the curb

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
well i guess its time to start buying from old the mom and pop stores again. that's one way to get rid of all the major franchises and bring those pricks down.

department of gestapo america. [SNIP]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

You've hit upon the real problem here: American citizens being assumed to be guilty before being proven innocent. Now any activity, as seen by anybody, is potentially illegal activity.

We've gone from a society in which one was free to do as one pleased - as long as it caused no harm - to one in which every movement could be a 'terrorist' activity. How sad. How pathetic.

We've gone, almost overnight, from the land of the Free and the home of the Brave to the land of the cowed and timid. (There's a stirring anthem for ya'!)

Report everything. Take no risk. Live in fear and suspicion. Submit to checks and inspections. Get on the cattle car when called. Live as a slave and be happy. Live free and die. For those that think, the choice is coming soon I fear...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The movie "V For Vendetta" is coming to reality. I agree with many others that that movie is a "hidden in plain site" agenda on what is to come, and to have the Homeland Security broadcasting in malls and stores is a very scary and startling wake up call to Americans, and The World alike. I also predict it will be in schools as well, first Universities and High Schools, then Homeland Security "cartoons" in grade schools.

It's really getting scary. TPTB have set it all up to where we all are just one terror attack away from all out Martial Law, the dropping of the Constitution and the One World Government as we all know the Constitution is the only thing that stands in their way now.

I really can't believe people are putting up with this, too. It "Shows to go you," that they are doing a fantastic job at scaring Americans.

I agree with Wernher Von Braun, amongst others...it's all a lie and fabricated --outrageously overblown (with a couple carefully-placed real-time "events" to sell it all) to make us think there's a constant threat at all times.

And now, with these videos playing in malls and such, it's really turning it up a notch --reminding us all that we "need" the Government for protection and so we conveniently forget "those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Have you seen some of the people that shop at Walmart in the middle of the night??!!

Good luck with that!!

On a more serious note...... asking people to spy on each other has the potential for extreme abuse. Any sicko with a grudge can use the Dept of Homeland Security as their own Dept of Revenge.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

that's what homeland securities all about. sicko abuse.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This one hits a little bit closer to home...

Scary times indeed...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Looks like I posted a thread that overlapped yours by a couple hours. Sorry about that!
Thanks for getting the story out, this is one of the single creepiest things I've heard recently. Texas WalMart's are not participating, as yet. If they do I'm pretty sure I can shop elsewhere. Actually with WalMart being willing to go along with this, I'm pretty sure I can period.
Take care and thanks again for the post.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is one way to get the message out, make up a lot of bumper stickers that say "Big Brother is Watching" and "Those willing to give up liberty for security deserve neither" and place them all over Wal-mart parking lots and other areas that have the enhanced security messages. At least the message will get out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And here is the "message" coming to every single aspect of your lives soon:

Now be a good little fearful citizen, and report, report, report! There's DANGER all around you!

"This is Big Brother, reminding you to be afraid and paranoid at all times, and how much you NEED our help."

LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
injecting paranoia into society, straight out of 1984...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is only the beginning, first it starts out with these Department of Homeland Security Commercials at the checkout lines., then it will go on to Mug shots of conspiracy theorist etc... If your not apart of their grid, you will be on their screens...

... just wait when they start running people out of the rural areas... so much more to come....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
attention shoppers, walmart is now the local pickup point for homeland security, thank you for shopping walmart and have a pleasant shopping experience.

warning! warning! attention homeland security, suspicious shopper on isle 5 of the plumbing section, be advised, suspicious shopper on isle 5.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This type of thing sounds so much like a script from Babylon 5 its not funny!

(mandatory second line)

Rosha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join