It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Can't Print More Money... Printing Presses are Broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

As a metaphor for the US troubled economic and financial era -- and the government's stumbling response -- this one's hard to beat. You can't stimulate the economy via the money supply, after all, if you can't print the money correctly.

Because of a problem with the presses, the federal government has shut down production of its flashy new $100 bills, and has quarantined more than 1 billion of them -- more than 10 percent of all existing U.S. cash -- in a vault in Fort Worth, Texas, reports CNBC.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here is a picture of the money provided by the UK's DailyMail

This is simply comedic. Just as they have begun to warm up the printing presses they decide to stop working due to how much is required to create the flashy new $100 dollar bills. Maybe this could be a metaphor for what is occurring in our economy, a message of sorts warning ‘Do not continue past this point’. Maybe it is just my suspicions getting the best of me within the confines of my imagination.

What is more hilarious is that will take one year to sort out and fix but in the meantime this won’t stop them from mass production of currency backed with virtually nothing except debt. Poor Timothy Geithner won’t even his signature on this money now as it will be reverted back to the signature of Henry Paulson.
edit on 12/6/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I shouldn't laugh, but this is hysterical. Can't expect too much from a government staging terror attacks though, right?

By the way, could you post a picture of what the new $100's are supposed to look like? I've seen many designs, but I'm not too sure which one is the one they're trying to use.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

edit on 12/6/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Perhaps they broke
due to being ran too fast for too long...

Printing overkill.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Interesting, these new bills were supposed to contain a new set of hidden pictures and symbols of the next stage of the implementation of the Illuminati NWO Agenda. Could this be a sign a spanner has been thrown in the works of the NWO? I hope so.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

$100 billion is hardly "more than 10% of all US cash".

You need to do a fact check on your so called facts.

This is a simple printing error and a minor problem with the printing, nothing more. Hardly cause for alarm.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, tell them we'll help them out and start printing our own at home. Photocopies will do fine.

second

edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Too bad Printing Money is more of a metaphor in today's economy.
There's WAY more electronic money in existence than physical notes.

The real power of "Printing Money" comes when Ben Bernanke simply logs into the Federal Reserve mainframe and adds a few zeros to their balance.

An act that the common sheeple simply can't do to their own accounts.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I saw this earlier in the day and was thinking of doing a thread on it but didn't have the time. I'm glad that somebody did. Really, it's funny. They've been printing what amounts to monopoly money and all of a sudden, they have problems with the presses because the new bills they designed to thwart counterfeiters are too advanced for their machines.
The whole situation of printing more money to stimulate the economy reminds me of a story that I read by F. Paul Wilson. I don't recall the title at the moment but it had to do with World War 2. It took place in Germany. The country was facing financial collapse, partly due to fines they had to pay off from the first world war. The government's solution was to keep printing money. More and more money was being flooding into the market and their currency was becoming more and more worthless. One of the characters talked the other into selling off all the currency he had (which was basically worthless) and buying American dollars (which at the time were going strong). At any rate, thanks for posting this.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Skid Mark because: grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If Wikileaks causes problems for Bank of America, then look for a bank run for physical cash.

"Problem": "we can't print these bills! What can we do?"

"Solution": "we've got to go to all digital currency, it's the only way!"

How much you want to bet Wikileaks comes out with its Bank of America leaks just as this currency was slated to hit the streets?

new topics

top topics

join