It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Insurance Files Decryption Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was reading around in this Site and it was saying that we need a decryption code of which is very hard to decrypt and only the military has the programming knowledge to decrypt but this site says also that wikileaks will be releasing this decryption code soon...does any one know anything from what I found in this site?

Wikileaks Insurance Decryption Site Link
edit on 6-12-2010 by Neo000 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo000

If Assange is captured or killed, the code will be used to view all the files WikiLeaks has..

I assume there's some real bombs in that little insurance box, too...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Honestly, all I've heard so far is the code will only be realised if anything happens to Assange. I heard that the military's bluffing about being able to stop the leak, and aprox. 12,000 people have this information.

I wish I could find the audio for you, but if it helps I was listening to Alex Jones. You could always listen to his show at www.infowars.com... and hear for yourself.

I'm pretty sure it was in the first few minutes, which will be replaying on the next hour.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hello
Picked this thread to introduce myself and comment on , the code for the Insurance file is 256 bit code that " may" be released if Wikileak's is shutdown completely or an attempt is made on Julians life , a 256 bit code is near on impossible to " crack " the computer power ( and hours ) needed to attempt to crack it would be extensive, the Insurance file has been available for download since July and I believe to date has been downloaded more than 100,000 times ( I am sure that number is much higher now ) mirrored sites for wikileak as of today's info was 504 (info from imwikileaks via twitter ) all with above mentioned insurance file and released cables thus far available to download

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's encrypted with 256bit AES which has no known breaks i.e. ways of working out the pass through application of some formula

AES permits the use of 256-bit keys. Breaking a symmetric 256-bit key by brute force requires 2128 times more computational power than a 128-bit key. A device that could check a billion billion (1018) AES keys per second would in theory require about 3×10 ex 51 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.

thats 3000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years. (I may have missed some noughts)

aes

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pugnatious

I hope some people here know and understand how FIPS 46 & 81 as well as AES encryption work, but if you don't, here's a quick little primer. When a piece of data is XOR'd with a key it produces "junk," but when the junk is XOR'd with the key again it produces the original data. But, they throw in an additional fix called barrel shifting or barrel rolling where the key is shifted left or right by N positions. This might be done a number of times to screw things up really badly. Then on top of all of this, the encryption program might perform pre or post non-lossy compression like RAR or ZIP but it isn't apparent from the file markers, if there even are any. So you really don't know where to start and every test for data within say a 512 character block is a guess that can involve multiple barrel rolls (256 times, times 16 depth iterations) and a key that produces 2e256 combinations. So you actually might have to do up to 256x16x2e256 tests of that 512 byte block of data.

So let's say you have a 1.4mb file of text and you run it through an XOR'd type key system that is 256 bits long, or 32 characters and there is no pre or post compression of the text in the file to be decrypted, how long would it take to resolve rational data using a small database of say 16 common words to test against? Let's say each key test takes 1 second (256x16 tests of a single key), so that would be 2e256 seconds or 6.1154e67 years or 61154 followed by 63 zeros years, I hope my math is right...LOL. It sure ain't hours, even if you had a million computers crunching this taking a piece each it would still take 6.1154e58 years.

Btw, when junk comes out of the XORing and the barrel rolls, it looks just like random junk. Search the file for strings of 00's or strings of FF's, you might be able to figure out the key from those. I used to write these kinds of programs for the military years ago....

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join