It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Car That Runs 258 Miles To The Gallon - For No More Than $600USD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i want one!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Haha, I'm so proud of us Germans.

I'll so get this once it's out for sale. Will definitely be awesome to drive to com. college with that one.

edit on 04/06/2010 by Kemal because: spelling!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
what is the name of the model?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not sure that I would call that a car.
That's more akin to a motorcycle.
which if they were smart. To bring that to the united states. Classify it as a motorcycle and get around all the safety feature laws that cars must abide by.
Otherwise it will never be seen in the usa.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
No, diesel will not become big in the USA because it's cheaper to grow your own fuel in rural areas(ie impossible to tax) or can be bought for pennies a gallon from any eating establishment that has used fryer grease(WVO).

If something can make you self sustained here in the USA, they make it illegal or tax the hell out of it. Even if you own your own land you still need a job to pay the yearly tax, or the gov will steal it.

There is a huge problem with the used fryer oil idea. Here in the Anchorage and Mat-Su area in Alaska, a handful of people who are using cooking oil in their vehicles completely use all the available used cooking oil. There might be a half dozen vehicles who take all the available oil in an area populated by 375,000 people. So, what would everyone else do.

The second fallacy is producing your own on your own farm is cheap to do. It is very labor intensive, uses large amounts of land and takes up a huge part of a Farmers time. That is why it has never caught on. People with no Farm experience have not a clue how much work, expense and land is involved. Land that can not be used for other crops that are far more valuable, not to mention it reduces the food supply.

The reason European Diesel Vehicles don't qualify is they don't meet environmental standards. Diesel fumes are a living hell for people with Asthma and Upper Respiratory problems. Europe is still operating on the idea Diesel does not produce the same pollutants as gasoline, but ignore how it affects peoples health. Our Diesels produce far less fumes and that is not cheap to do. A modern Diesel Engine raises the initial price of a car by over $5,000 per car which far exceeds the cost savings from fuel. The Diesel cars don't sell so they don't manufacture them. They only make sense for a vehicle like a light truck used for work for the extra towing and cargo capacity. They DO NOT save money. They cost extra.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Growing industrial hemp is no harder than growing weeds in a field and the seeds produce a huge amout of recoverable oil. However hemp is not legal here, therefore, yes you are right that it would be hard for most people. But, I could care less im just giving an opinion. But, if you can't produce your own fuel, then are you really free? Life is hard, and modern citys are simply not sustainable if they actually want us to be "green citizens". Living does not require one to have a real job, just our government.

I find farming to be fun and rewarding, if not downright easy. I don't care if others can't hack it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My two subwoofers are bigger than that car. Where would I put them?

Sorry, but I don't want to travel in that little rollerskate. If you cannot make a normal full sized car get the real high MPG then don't bother.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

I find farming to be fun and rewarding, if not downright easy. I don't care if others can't hack it.

I started working in my Fathers Orchards and Fields at age 9. You are underplaying this a bit or by a farm you mean a garden?

3 AM to irrigate when your water shares come in.

5 AM to feed the animals.

Long days pulling weeds in backbreaking tedium from between the plants where the Tiller won't get them.

Even longer days picking Fruit and having bloody hands from picking Berries.

Yes, some would call that easy and fun I guess. Most can't even handle an 8 hour day, let alone a 12 to 14 hour day on a Farm or Ranch and if your lucky Sunday off.

Can't ever take a trip or a vacation except in the winter if you can find somebody to care for the animals for you. I irrigated the fields not more than three hours after the call telling us my Father died on a Construction Project. Worked himself to death. Literally. You don't take your shares you flood the neighbors house.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePyramidAgenda

misleading title

from here,,,,www.treehugger.com...

quote,,,,Rumors put the price of the Volkswagen L1 at anywhere between "20,000 to 30,000 Euros (about $31,750 to $47,622)". But if oil prices keep climbing, that might be a bargain in 2010

but the cool part is this will be for sale

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
again, does anyone know the model name of the car, i can't find anything about this vehicle anywhere, such as the model name, where to purchase one, etc etc, i'm beginning to think it has never been mass produced or commercially avaliable
edit on 12/8/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What concerns me about these small energy efficient cars is the safety issue in regards to the car's size. You will stand no chance if you get into an accident with an SUV while in this car.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That's awesome,But if you get hit head on by a bicyclist,you may not live to tell about it. The car is so small i could punt it 50 yards.It would be nice for night time travel,accross town when noones out and no risk of accidents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join