It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

If Law Enforcement does not think that highly of this site, why was it looked at? Its one thing to track down the guys last posts and search history to see if he gave any indiciation of his mental status and what not, but the fact the guy could talk about other topics tells me he looked through it.

This site serves a purpose, which is for people to post and discuss topics that would not otherwise make mainstream media, and if it did its a 10 second fluff piece. I do think people go a bit to far when assigning conpisracies, allowing them to roll from one into the next.

Wikileaks is a prime example, with conspiracy theories abound. The FEMA cmaps, HR 645, which has not even made it past getting a sponsor, according to some is in full force.

In moderation with a side of common sense I think for the most part is fine. When we ignore common sense though, I can certainly see where the professior guy is coming from.

There is nothing wrong with being suspicious of the Government. Its entirely different when we move from that to outright paranoia based on what the voices piped into our dental work is telling us.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My life proved in 1992, that uk gov and police used electronic mind control in schools in london. So tell me how many in a class like op would work out something like that, i bet not one.

But the ptb need drones like the ones in that class.

The uk police and gov spent 18 years, get it 18 years trying to get me to do something wrong, and not once right. This is the same sort of people that would be in a class like that. The term useless eaters applies to them, more than people in 3rd world countries.
edit on 12/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If you are being laughed at.... Then you are dog something right

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
If you are being laughed at.... Then you are dog something right

Yep, the ignorance is astounding.

These are the people the ptb want, and need to enforce there goals, not types like us. I bet you 95% of a class like that would never find any truths out in there lifes. People who think for themselves are rare, and you can see the mob mentality everywhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It is up to each of us to deny ignorance in our own fashion, if you are having trouble distinguishing between truth and fiction then do a little digging to verify any results before taking someone elses word for it. It is really that simple. Granted I have seen a LOT of outlandish things in here that I am imediately sceptical of, it is up to me therefore to weed out the topics that are useless and learn what I can from those that are not. As a whole ATS is VERY informative in matters you just can't find in MSM, but you have to research on your own once something credible or plausable is brought to your attention. To coin a phrase, " The truth is out there."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I can't disagree either. There are a lot of outlandish theories, especially in the predictions section. So yeah, I honestly can't blame the professor. That's not to say there aren't valid conspiracy theories, but when the majority of the apples in the basket are rotten, are you really going to try to look for the good one?

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Hey, they ridiculed the idea that the Earth was round a while back as well. I wouln't put too much stock in the current higher education system. It's purpose now seems to be to dumb a person down and create a mindless consumer/skilled trades-person, rather than a thinking member of society. Remember when the purpose of college was to teach people how to think, instead of what to think?
Execpt there's evidence backing the notion that the earth is round. Just because an idea is ridiculed doesn't make it valid.
edit on 8-12-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I could not give a toss what thos believe. I bet 95% like i said will never ever find out anything that is hidden ever in there lifes, but whats that, you say what, they have a degree, no way. That makes them so intelligent doesn't it, why don't they go and watch and laugh at people being blown up, like normal americans.
edit on 12/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What concern's me the most is the professor and his inability to think and see outside the box. It's pretty bad when these kind of people end up as educators. I've had college professors before who do use common sense and think outside the box, and they were all amazing teachers. This professor thinks he's intelligent and helping his students; boy is he backwards and wrong. I feel sorry for his students.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

To be honest I am glad people like that are educators. Especially at the late highschool and college level, is when people are the most ideologically open minded, willing to latch onto something they truely beleive is correct, and fight for it.

Its like a parent telling their kids, dont open the cookie jar on the table. The momeny the parents walk away, the kids are going to open the cookie jar.

The more educators, Law Enforcement, Government makes a todo over sites like this, imo, the more people are going to come check it out. Whether they agree with anything posted is a seperate issue, but all it takes is one person to come to a site like this, to read one topic putting forth a theory, to have that person who visited once run with it and change the course of history.

More press the better. Nothing like having the media highlight the website in a view of extremely parabnoid delusional people. Why? because it is their opinion and will draw people in to see why these posters are being portrayed in theat manner.

Chances are this is how disclosure wil occur. Someone on a site like this will post a theory supported by circumstantial evidence, some government fool will see it, and attempt to lock down some of the info leaked, exposing his effort and blwoing a lid off the rest.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Exactly, like william cooper said, prove him wrong, but in trying to do so, you prove him right.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
[IMO]

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Go, proff, go and express your dismissive opinion and it will bring ALL your listeners here to check it out for themselves. Maybe ATS will become a topic inside the ivy-covered walls of universities, highschools and colleges around the world. That'd be great!

Woot!

[/IMO]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Go find another forum then, oh enlightened one.

Second line. I know it counts for naught to write 'second line' as my second line, but hey ho. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well its a tricky one, but in all honesty I would have to agree with most of that description.

See its has become rude or offensive to call out idiots and fantasists, even liars, apparently your opinion matters even when it is literally the insane ramblings of a confused mind. The results of this is thread after thread of people discussing garbage, pointless videos that show nothing or wild speculation on invasions etc.Idiots and liars are not treated as they shoud be due ot either "politcal correctness", fear, who knows!?

Then we have the "aliens have told me the world is going to end, we are chosen etc" bunch, never a shred of evidence, nothing. Bascailly if you dont take what they say at face value, you are not a chosen one and can never know understand the truth? add to that the "reflex debunkers" and this site is bascaily just one huge Youtube comments section. Its a shame because it kinda came form nowhere, I used this site for ages, signed up and now look at it!!?!

People DONT CARE about investigating they care about trying to get FAME for themselves just like every other lemming out there, its pretty sad, but its what I see. Dont get me wrong, that is not the case for everyone on this site, but definetly the majority! Nobody wants the truth, but everybody still wants to be right!

I know l'm reletively new here and I personally feel somewhat out of place making such comments, but I would rather speak my mind than says nothing and let it annoy me.

Just imagine if we WORKED TOGETHER, what we could accomplish!? instead of bickering and competing for imaginary fame. Just like we are programmed (you know like the "unawake", left / right, red blue? or on ATS, Belieivers/debunkers). "Believers" need "debunkers", we need each other, if we started working WITH each other instead of AGAINST we might actually be able to get something done, anything else is just the programming hard at work! As things are just now, that description is pretty valid IMO.

Hard to believe there are so many "awake" people here. (awake? Yeah right!!lol)

Cheers,

S
edit on 8-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Added a bit

edit on 8-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
why attack the sight that he was on, but rather the government and social unrest that he is living in
what a concept?
3rd line

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm not to worried about Professor Officer.

To me, he sounds like he's narrow-minded and the typical arrogant uniform who wants to lump all people into a single category: a threat to control.

You'll see these type of enforcers at political rallies – baton in hand, ready to mace the first person that doesn't jump when barked at. It's sad really (but, I don't feel sorry for Prof. Off.) because this type of mentality sees only black and white - no shades of gray. They want to believe that because someone expresses dissidence by disapproving of a law or regulation or whatever and are willing to demonstrate their rights by protest, that they're already guilty by association with other groups of people that may or may not associate themselves with violent upheaval.

Because someone frequents a site like AboveTopSecret.com, they must already be a Ron Paul supporter. They probably harbor anti-Masonic feelings. Most visitors think the Illuminati run the world. All ATS's members know that Obama was born in Kenya. Aliens will revel themselves as our Ancient Gods. And Nibiru will strike the Earth on November 13 of 2011. Right? At least, Professor Officer must think so if he feels so negatively about ATS because of one incident that he's become aware of. Obviously, it's common-knowledge in the Enforcement Industry that ATS is Red Flag and it's members threats to themselves and others.

I'd ask Professor Officer if he carries this typical mentality over to his social life. Are all black people poor and in gangs? Are there any Mexicans that are actual legal residence in the United States? Are all white people dishonest, evil and greedy?

What other stereotypes does Professor Officer harbor with his narrow views?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Is ATS hip deep in brain poop? Of that there is no doubt.

However there is a lot to learn here. There are some very focused critical thinkers who have taught me a thing or two and I have also learned not to be so quick to judge." Listen and wait" should go along with "Deny ignorance" on ATS. LOL its also reminded me all the time that "If you don't have anything nice to say then DON'T" (I think I've cancelled as many posts as I've posted).
"
ATS is a community and like any community there are those who live under the bridge in their virtual cardboard box preaching the end times and then there are upstanding citizens making the community a better place. You get to pick which area of town you want to frequent.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm fairly open minded about things in general, but, particularly after I started questioning 9/11 and registered on ATS to discuss it in 2007, my horizons have really expanded. My writing skills have improved and thanks to the T&C, I think before I spew. My experience here has been a huge plus in my life.

One thing that I learned is the importance of community in analyzing problems, "gang tackling" them, really. Many heads make light analytical work.

As far as the "crazies" go, ATS also gives a pretty good cross section of exposure to the disoriented and discontented and the cranky in our society. It's not necessarily a bad thing to get a sampling of those mentalities. One never knows when one will run into them in real life. I think it helps to be aware just how persistently, and stubbornly people can cling to their delusions and confusions.

One becomes aware of the limits of reason and the limits of education. It's not smart to be unrealistic about this. I think in colleges and universities there is a degree of unrealism on this topic and a tendancy to think "I'm going to change the world".

The next step, when the world doesn't "see it" your way, is nanny state totalitarianism. There is a lot of that going on nowadays.

Exposure to the broad diversity of people and opinions on ATS tends to let the air out of that particular balloon, at least in my own mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am amazed at the poor quality of "education" of parasitic creatures called "professors" and more amazed yet that people will contribute resources to gulp down more "education" from "professors."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

The problem is though you need that "degree" in order to get a good job.

Statistics show that the higher your education, the higher your salary and the lower your risk of unemployment.

I am 100% certain that almost all kids go to college just for the "degree" and "prestige" in order to get that high paying job (i.e. scientists, doctors, lawyers).

Anyone who says they are there just for the sake of "learning" is lying to himself.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's fairly disgusting to see something like college education being talked down upon as it has been in this thread. Especially since this is a place where the motto is, once again, "Deny Ignorance".

How do you "Deny Ignorance" without education? Why would one assume that all professors work "for the man" and are trying to turn us all into "sheep"? That's a very broad summary about thousands upon thousands of Americans.

If getting a college education is so awful, what alternative routes have you all taken to enlighten yourself about what is truth and what is false?

Is knowledge not "power"?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join