It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

this forum is not what it used to be...many news from unreliable sources just to see how many replays, flag or stars they get.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Agreed 100%, this forum's a nuthouse.

BTW the young man who shot up his school was Jeff Weise. I don't remember his ATS username though.
en.wikipedia.org...
He had posted about seeing Owls in his dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This reminds me of an incident that happened a few months ago. My sister in law went to the gas station and heard a guy talking to his friend about the federal reserve, among other things. Well, people standing in line were snickering. She couldn't help herself and joined the conversation, backing up a lot of things he was saying with facts of her own. That shut a lot of people up. From how she told it, you could hear a pin drop.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Everyone knows that the first step of anyone with something to hide is to ridicule and defame their accuser.

Being a law professor at one of our many high priced idiot factories, Im certain he is well aware of what his "team" is guilty of.

You can't have free thinkers in your indoctrination camps, that makes it much more difficult to zombify the other eager young minds and turn them into the vilest most insidious beast's of all........lawyers.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

www.newgrounds.com... - here is an animation that the guy made before killing those people.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
After looking around a bit, and although this is off topic, and maybe a little disrespectful, the young man's ATS name was the same as his last name.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

...so, someone thinks ats is loaded up the ying yang with paranoid delusionals (which is true, imo)... so what?... the man has a right to speak his opinion... surely all the ats loyalists wouldnt censor him just cuz his opinion offended them...

...there is value in this topic but, sadly, it didnt get the headline...

...i think its very important to explore ways of communicating online with people like jeff weise... gosh, what a sad life he had... how many angry and hopeless people like him are online?... hundreds?... thousands?... how many are on ats?... probably a lot more than the loyalists want to admit...

...how do we know if a poster is just an attention junkie playing out a harmless fantasy or if they're a jeff weise and their fantasy is fixing to blow up in everyone's face?...

...i'd be interested in hearing what the speaker said about that...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

There are some out-there theories on this site but let's face it that's kinda what makes it fun. Plus there are a healthy number of skeptics out there doing their part to deny ignorance. It isn't as if everyone here believes the stuff the guy said, just enough to make the rest of us look bad apparently, but that's fine with me

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree with you. Like I said, one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.It certainly is a shame that the good on ATS is over shadowed by the bad, but it is what it is, I guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

That's a very difficult question to answer, especially if you're looking at it from a criminal justice point of view.

I think the most you can do with a person like that is talk to them, and help them find other people who have had similar life experiences that made it through.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Thanks. I had seen that a few years back but forgot about it.
It's a bit of a grey area talking about him on ATS for some reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit:

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
He used the name "Blades11"
second line

Mod Edit: Adding 'second line' doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

and those owls told him to kill people? or what...wow...imagine being that screwed up and having absolutely no control over it...daiamn.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It seems fair to me, I'm sure college courses are ridiculed every day on ATS. I'll begin: university education is built on the shackles of slave labor: college football. Especially for a big ten university. And there you have it, just retribution.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

By and large life is boring. ATS is not. I do wish people would get a little more creative with their conspiracy theories; I'm here to be entertained. You?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

No, they didn't tell him to do anything. They were just recurring symbols in his dreams.
I don't want to post his username but it's hinted further up the page if you're truley interested.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's irrelevant if this story is true or not. I think the question should be, should ATS be seen as a reliable source of info? Considering there are tons of threads that tread the line of sanity, and that their predictions usually do not pull through, I can see why it's not a credible academic source of info.

This said, ATS is definitely a great place to hold debates outside of the judging eye of standard thought. That's why it's important - it questions things many people, especially those who teach in the education system, take for granted as "common sense". I wouldn't source any threads as an academic reference though

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My college teacher is a ex-navy man. He has opened my eyes to alot of issues. I in turn introduced him to this site. Most people of the system do not have an open mind in my opinion. Being a part in the system also means in engaging in the propaganda of the system.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I posted a link to the thread about the member mentioned in the OP on the second page. For those that seem to have missed it here is the thread and his profile.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is one of the threads he posted on.

Edit to add: If you notice on his profile he visited ATS the day he commited murder and suicide.

Raist

edit on 12/7/10 by Raist because: information

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join