It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you have nightmares?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound

I don't think I've had a nightmare for at least a couple of months. I used to have them a lot as a child but as I grew up they faded into obscurity and are now extremely rare. I personally think this is because all those things I used to be afraid of as a kid are no longer scary when you're an adult. Monsters, aliens, ghosts, etc all become just fun elements of fantasy to most adults and you realize how irrational the fear was when you were a kid.

In the last nightmare I can remember that truly freaked me out I was flying around but I was having trouble controlling my flight. I looked down at all the cars driving as I soared over the streets of my hometown and suddenly saw a car that didn't have anyone in it. It sounds weird but one of those dramatic scary music cues played in my dream and I remember being overcome with fear seeing the car drive itself. When I woke up I laughed, because honestly it was a really funny thing to be afraid of a car that drives itself...

Anyway don't sweat 2012 just because of the dream, apocalyptic dreams are common. When I was a kid I had a recurring dream that God descended from heaven and put a mountain made of ice cream on the Earth. God then declared that as soon as the ice cream melted the world would end. So yeah, don't sweat it and don't be afraid to get some sleep

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacebound
I've been having nightmares each night since the beginning of October of this year. Earlier this year I had a bedbug infestation, which then led to insomnia. I wasn't always someone who slept early, but ever since the incident I ended up staying awake for 48 to 72 hours. My sleeping patterns soon altered, so instead of sleeping at night; I slept in the day time. In other words, I had become nocturnal; like an Owl. I began to feel paranoia, cold, weak and hallucination. The bedbugs were eventually taken care of, but the side effects were soon to start. Due to lack of sleep for a long period of time I might have possibly suffered from sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation also leads to REM sleep, which are translated into nightmares. If I had to explain all of these nightmares in a post I would be an author. I will explain one nightmare that I think you might like to hear. It was related to 2012. I found myself standing stationary as I stare at a gigantic orange/red ball heading towards Earth while every human being is running and panicking, but before it hit I woke up. It wasn't long, but it did leave me thinking. Which brings me to my main question; how often do you have nightmares? I don't think it's normal to have them every night. I need an explanation if possible. Thank you.

Note: If you have a dream/nightmare you would like to share, please post it.

I went through a phase of having regular nightmares, but they didnt always scare me. I now lucid dream every single night. I have had many nightmares to do with many things, such as 2012, Alien Invasions etc but like you i#d be an author if i typed them all.

I'd say it was a product of your imagination, like me...if its not that then you never know, it may be messages fr you in some shape or form. You should keep a note of them and get them interpreted.

Dont worry about them though. What helps me is when i'm in a nightmare thats frightning, i usually know i'm dreaming and i'm aware i'm dreaming so i can control my dreams. You should practise this control, it'll help you understand and remember your dreams.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have been able to lucid dream since I was very young. My dreams are extremely vivid. I also have impeccable dream memory. I can always remember multiple dreams every morning. I can remember with more clarity, the dreams I had when I was a child, than actual events. I learned early on that I could manifest a sword and chop of the head of the big baddie in my dreams, but I still get nightmares. Nowadays my nightmares aren't so much scary dreams but dreams that provoke an intense emotion such as anger or despair. Unfortunately being able to lucid dream does not affect the emotion I feel. If anyone knows how to control emotions in dreams please let me know.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Lately Ive Been Having Nightmares Almost Every Night .
Some Of The Time I Dont Remember Even Having One But I Have A Feeling Where I Know I Did.
And My Nightmares Are Getting Strange Lately, Sometimes When They Get A Little Scary I Can Wake Myself Up, Kinda Feels Like Im Falling Or something, And Just Before Im About To Wake Up I Always Feel The Presence Of A Man , I Never See Him But I Know He's There. A Friend Of Mine Mentioned Something About Astral Travelling To Me, She Said The Presence Of This Man Could Be What Some Call A Teacher, Maybe Their To Help Me Out And Stuff . But Honestly I Dont Know Very Much About It So I Think Im Going To Do Some Research On The Subject.
Anyways Im Not Really Enjoying These Nightmares Much And Would Love For Them To Stop Or At least Not Happen Every night. No Idea Why Im Having Them Either , I Havent Been Under Any Stress Recently And Nothing Really Big Is Going On In My Life..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join