It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How often do you have nightmares?

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've been having nightmares each night since the beginning of October of this year. Earlier this year I had a bedbug infestation, which then led to insomnia. I wasn't always someone who slept early, but ever since the incident I ended up staying awake for 48 to 72 hours. My sleeping patterns soon altered, so instead of sleeping at night; I slept in the day time. In other words, I had become nocturnal; like an Owl. I began to feel paranoia, cold, weak and hallucination. The bedbugs were eventually taken care of, but the side effects were soon to start. Due to lack of sleep for a long period of time I might have possibly suffered from sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation also leads to REM sleep, which are translated into nightmares. If I had to explain all of these nightmares in a post I would be an author. I will explain one nightmare that I think you might like to hear. It was related to 2012. I found myself standing stationary as I stare at a gigantic orange/red ball heading towards Earth while every human being is running and panicking, but before it hit I woke up. It wasn't long, but it did leave me thinking. Which brings me to my main question; how often do you have nightmares? I don't think it's normal to have them every night. I need an explanation if possible. Thank you.






Note: If you have a dream/nightmare you would like to share, please post it.




posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Every time I wake up actually.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound
 


Incredibly rarely, but my ability to lucid dream helps.

I used to wake up from nightmares, now, I kick ass to any monsters and change bad things to create good outcomes at will.

Being out of the rat race helps and having peace of mind negates most negativity in my dreams. Took some knocks getting to where I am now, but practice, trust in myself and knowing that everything in dreams is of my own making helps.

Next time that big orange ball comes hurtling towards you, rather than think 2012 and doom and gloom, imagine you're on a beautiful sandy beach and the sun is beaming a big smile on you while you relax and watch the people running around and playing on the beach....."aaaah", here comes the waiter with your pina colada.

It's your dream, do it how you want, all you sometimes need is a trigger to realise that, maybe reading this will help.

Sweet dreams dear Spacebound.
edit on 6/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well,I am just the opposite than you.

I sleep like a baby every night with no dreams or such.

The nightmare begins in the morning when I read the news and realize my country has been invaded and there is people running my country that in the old reality could not be elected dog catcher.

I believe the only way for every thing to get back on track is the same thing that has happened dozens of times in Earths history.

Just wipe it all snot clean and start all over.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,I am just the opposite than you.

I sleep like a baby every night with no dreams or such.

The nightmare begins in the morning when I read the news and realize my country has been invaded and there is people running my country that in the old reality could not be elected dog catcher.
I believe the only way for every thing to get back on track is the same thing that has happened dozens of times in Earths history.

Just wipe it all snot clean and start all over.
You sir are a comedian.

edit on 6-12-2010 by Spacebound because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador
 


Ahaha good one


But to be honest, I cannot remember the last time I've had one. It's usually a dream I remember or don't remember.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, I haven't had a nightmare in years... like 15 years =s. I often sleep like 3 hours, and some weeks there's days i simply don't sleep due my career.
I don't know why it happens, maybe my relationship with my subconcious mind is what stopped the nightmares to happen. I dream every night, at least 2 dreams per night.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Too often to count.

Sleep is that small death that steals half our lives.

Not a fan, and wish there was some alternative to sleeping.

I do limit the activity to the extreme.

MM



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound
 


Have you stayed at a hotel prior to the infestation? I was asking because that is where one usually picks up bedbugs. If you travel a lot you may want to watch this video:

Just so it doesn't happen again. Prevention is a good weapon to have.
Anyway, I had a stint where I had nothing but nightmares, but I was a child anymore, I have not had any nightmares in at least two decades. I hardly remember dreaming at all, even despite all the trials to lucid dream.
I do however, beleive that it will pass when your body has adjusted to the normal routine again.
edit on 6-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: fixing utube embedding grrrr & of course spelling too

edit on 6-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Spacebound
 


Incredibly rarely, but my ability to lucid dream helps.

I used to wake up from nightmares, now, I kick ass to any monsters and change bad things to create good outcomes at will.

Being out of the rat race helps and having peace of mind negates most negativity in my dreams. Took some knocks getting to where I am now, but practice, trust in myself and knowing that everything in dreams is of my own making helps.

Next time that big orange ball comes hurtling towards you, rather than think 2012 and doom and gloom, imagine you're on a beautiful sandy beach and the sun is beaming a big smile on you while you relax and watch the people running around and playing on the beach....."aaaah", here comes the waiter with your pina colada.

It's your dream, do it how you want, all you sometimes need is a trigger to realise that, maybe reading this will help.

Sweet dreams dear Spacebound.
edit on 6/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff
I thought about that; if only I had control of my dreams. I will write it down on a notebook; maybe that could work. Thanks.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Too often to count.

Sleep is that small death that steals half our lives.

Not a fan, and wish there was some alternative to sleeping.

I do limit the activity to the extreme.

MM


I don't know why, but it's my favorite activity. I do wish there was an alternative as mentioned.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ive come to the conclusion dreams are 99 per cent based on the thoughts lingering around in your head from that day or recently...

honestly

when i watch a western ill dream im fighting with john wayne against a bunch of apaches,
and when ive watched alien videos, ill be dreaming of ufos

not that some dreams arent divine, or sub consciouss messages, but the vast majority are just the brain hallucinating



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound
 



I cant even remember the last time I had a nightmare although I have some bizarre dreams I cant say they would be defined as nightmares......does that mean anything in respect to a person not having them vs. someone who does??

I am for the most part stupid when it comes to dreams and their meanings and non-meanings.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Every time I wake up actually.


OK, I have to admit! That too was funny.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I found a way to get myself out of a nightmare by holding my breath. Although it is the last thing you may want to do, if you are realizing you are dreaming, it is sometimes nearly impossible to try to wake up by trying to open your eyes. But I have found that I can tell myself to hold my breath in the dream. Then I do it. Then my body has to wake up to breathe. It works for me. But I have also found some dreams are pretty interesting when I face my fears knowing that the dream can not really hurt me.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein
 
I couldn't agree more.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
one weird thing about dreams is things that should scare you dont,
i mean i was dreaming last night about helping some apaches defend a well against soldiers, and i stuffed a knife into one of the soldiers, but i didnt feel guilty or anything..
i would never do that in real life argh cant even picture it...

ps i ALWAYS used to dream about aliens
now i dream about being in a real life western!
edit on 6-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound
 


I haven't had one in over 20 years .



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacebound
I've been having nightmares each night since the beginning of October of this year. Earlier this year I had a bedbug infestation, which then led to insomnia. I wasn't always someone who slept early, but ever since the incident I ended up staying awake for 48 to 72 hours. My sleeping patterns soon altered, so instead of sleeping at night; I slept in the day time. In other words, I had become nocturnal; like an Owl. I began to feel paranoia, cold, weak and hallucination. The bedbugs were eventually taken care of, but the side effects were soon to start. Due to lack of sleep for a long period of time I might have possibly suffered from sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation also leads to REM sleep, which are translated into nightmares. If I had to explain all of these nightmares in a post I would be an author. I will explain one nightmare that I think you might like to hear. It was related to 2012. I found myself standing stationary as I stare at a gigantic orange/red ball heading towards Earth while every human being is running and panicking, but before it hit I woke up. It wasn't long, but it did leave me thinking. Which brings me to my main question; how often do you have nightmares? I don't think it's normal to have them every night. I need an explanation if possible. Thank you.


Note: If you have a dream/nightmare you would like to share, please post it.


Yup, almost every night. If not nightmares then unpleasant at best and
even x-rated. I do have good dreams but even the good dreams seem to
be best case scenerios in a living nightmare. This has been going on for
several years now and one has to wonder what has changed?

My sleep cycle has also changed from night to day if I sleep at all for
a couple of days at a time. I too have dreamt of fireballs in the sky, one
Impacts China and the other one narrowly misses me here in the U.S..
Though I don't see it impact in the U.S., I get the distinct impression it does
hit and that is not all......from our own soldiers who start shooting civilians at
will to Dogs, cats and mice being infected with some kind of zombie biological
warfare toxin which infects people to Ufo wars in the sky.......

Like you, I could make a killing if I wrote books about these dreams.
One dream that worried me more so than others was that there was
no sun in the sky anymore. All the stars in space were visible and even
the entire Milky way was visible however it was semi Vertical not
Horizontal and extremely bright. No I don't watch to much TV and many
of these dreams I had before they even came out on T.V. (or before I
saw them if at all ).

Question, did you feel overpressure in your fireball dream? Like a tremendous
weight or pressure before impact?

edit on 6-12-2010 by Mr. D because: Spelling



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein
 


I agree with dreams and thoughts in the head, but, for a second, take a step back from our perceived reality, and ask yourself this:

If we live in a Universe, of abundant awareness, then, why would we ever devalue our thoughts, or the things that happen to us?

Even if it is seemingly miniscule, it DOES happen for a reason. Certain books you've read, or movies you've watched, that have impacted your life in a way, that no other mechanism could have done, and then you think, that book could have been made 5 years after my death, or that movie could never been have been made in the first place, but it was. Don't think it wasn't made for you, or the 10,000+ (could be more or less) people that it touched in the same way.

Everything you are exposed to, is an opportunity for you to decipher the meaning that helps you to best explain You existing.

Never ever ever minimize a thought, instance, or dream, to do so, would be turning your back on the whole of the universe that is God inside you (your brain, your soul, your body, your everything).



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join