It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My analysis of the 'Time Traveler' photo.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well i must say, these photoshoppers are really getting quite good!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Atomic clocks don't lie, Time travel is possible. When an atomic clock is left here on earth and an other is sent in space, the space atomic clock comes back ticking off the other clock. How do you explain the laps in time ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Atomic clocks don't lie, Time travel is possible. When an atomic clock is left here on earth and an other is sent in space, the space atomic clock comes back ticking off the other clock. How do you explain the laps in time ?

The lapse in time between 2 atomic clocks relates to how gravity affects space-time, that's not the same as time travel.

I'm not saying time travel is not possible but your analogy is not the best ... !

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Then why is the same effect recorded when the two clock are on earth and one is taken on a train while the other sits motionless ? Just asking....I'm curious .

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Looks like the Hipster Time Traveler came to a bad end...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b8f969584bb.jpg[/atsimg]

Too bad, I was hoping we'd be able to interview him

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
NO TIME TRAVELER HERE, this is just a person not dressed for the ocasion, just because it doesnt have suit and tie doesnt mean he is not from the era.

The camera he is holding is typical for 1940's similar to this one

The sunglasses are also typical for the 1940's similar to this one

The hair style is also for the time used on the 50's also similar to this one

As for the shirt there is no way to tell if its embroided or what, on 1940's there was women dresses with flowers printed and curtains with designs, making a shirt with M might be rare but very possible.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
It almost feels like the photographed was staged.

Feels like it was staged by few people, not the crowd.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Which explains why they missed Ruby there with his pistol...damned HTT caused LHO to die, and now we'll never know if he did it!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would LOVE it if this guy is still around and comes forward after finding out about all this hype on the internet.

photo is real
cameras are real and from time period
guys that seem taller are not actually "8 feet men" they are standing on the side/bumper of cars which back then the side of cars had those little steps

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Someone mentioned John Titor on page 2; I hadn't heard of him but found an amazingly thorough description on Wikipedia of his time travel exploits (and debunking at the end): en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

this is redamndiculous, this guy probablly just got off work from welding that bridge, and just decided to hang out to see his work get opened up...Now that time traveler in the old mive, now thats a find!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This one caught my eye and as I have been out on a brief hiatus I havent gotten to this thread until now. This is my first time seeing this photo and at first glance I am like WTH? After reading a few posts though I do believe that everything in this picture is explainable. I did a little bit of PS work here:

(sorry about the image size lol...)
As you can see, there appears to be multiple people in the frame holding what look like cameras. Also the person taking the photo obviously has a camera so cameras werent that "foreign" as one might suspect for that time period. The gal looking at the "time traveler" could just be admiring his looks... maybe she thinks he is "dreamy"? Also the time traveler himself... everything points to him just being a hipster kid out at an event and isnt properly dressed. The only thing that I cant explain is that his shirt looks like a modern day screen printed shirt with an "M" logo on it?? That one baffles me. The guy smoking doesnt appear to me to be looking that the TT, but looking at the camera, maybe. Thats my analysis on the subject anywayz! great thread, had a lot of fun reading

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So, the guy time travels to an era with the coolest oldschool sclothing, and he keeps his rayban sunglasses and city-boy getup? What a waste.

Where was this picture taken, why was it taken of the crowd, and what was going on that day to cause a crowd?

Can anyone really answer these questions?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo

LMAO!!!! now that great stuff right there I dont care you you are thats funny!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It was a crowd gathered to watch a bridge being opened I believe. The picture is in a museum in russia if im not mistaken. Its a real photo and yes there is an answer and ppl do know where/why it happened lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What is so important about this event that a time traveler would want to be there and see it? "Oh, I could have been at the Kennedy assassination, but I decided to go see this bridge opening, instead."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

HAHA!! Maybe he figured it was safer here than on the grassy knoll. >_<

Also, howd you get a cartoon pic of me as your avatar, thats insane.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If I could travel through time... I must say, attending the opening of a random bridge would be pretty low on my list of "things to see".

This is ridiculous. Embarrasing even...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Ah, but maybe in the future, say 2034, this bridge has some kind of significance, so then visiting the opening doesn't sound so weird....

Just sayin' is all....you never know...

The sunglasses are also typical for the 1940's similar to this one

Except that EVERY pair we see like this are round, and his are square (and look to be made of plastic).

I'm not agreeing with those who say he's a time traveller, that's a pretty big leap, but it certainly is an intriguing photo, no doubt.

On the Chaplin video, most point out that it is likely an old-school hearing horn...but the real puzzler, is why does she appear to be talking into it? I suppose it could make sense that she's just testing it out...but still intriguing, no?

I don't think either example shows a time traveller, but they are interesting and fun to examine.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There is nothing in that pic that did not exist at the time, including the portable (admittably clumsy) camer and the shades. I am guessing that hip guy is a reporter taking pictures.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join