It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downriverkillers (Mr Mask before he was Mr Mask)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm antsy and have nothing to do...so I thought I'd add to the music forum some work from my old band, and post some music from those days where Mr Mask and his partner Krazlin Mcgee were singing/performing and having fun. All music here is from 2001-2009 and stands as very nostalgic memories of good times, good friends and great years playing alongside great people for great crowds.

I have quit making/performing music but I do enjoy listening to the old stuff and remembering those days as "fun times". I hope at least a few people enjoy these, if not, well the thread will stand as a historical record for my own petty amusement.

Below are a handful of songs that found their way online one way or another, and each song has a special place in my heart or head (or both). The band was/is DOWNRIVERKILLERS and was the one thing that kept me out of real trouble for the past ten years.

NOTE: This is not self promotion in any sense. The band is done with and no longer makes/performs/distributes music. I simply wanted a historic record of my band to exist in my thread count here on my favorite website ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/526217b2e4b2.jpg[/atsimg]
WARNING: all these songs have adult concepts or may not be suitable for younger audiences or people with good taste. I also can't sing

OTHER SIDE: Old video from years ago with me and my partner in crime "Krazlin (Krazy) Mcgee"

NOT2SMART: Cartoon of a freestyle I did in 2004...I'm sorry about that.

DRKhaos: Slide show of past shows and the gang. Song details life in the world.

LIFE AS A CYLON: Song about being a Cylon in America since birth.

THAT CAR: A song about one hero's love for his car.

WHO KNEW: A love song for people who hate being in love.

DUNGEON MASTER'S EXIT: A song by a Dungeon Master, for Dungeon Master's. Remember, if you made the dungeon, it can not destroy you.

PSYCHO: A love song detailing how psychotic love is.

THE FALL OF ROME: A song detailing the fall of one man's musical hobby and the world around him.

INSIDE OF ME: A song about what "was" inside of me.

WELCOME: A song inviting all to come out to our shows and enjoy a fun time.

Well, thats all I will post...if you enjoyed it, all music we ever made "always was free" and "always will be free", so its easy enough to find and download. We did 7 albums in 10 years and each one was given freely to the public who enjoyed them. Hope this was fun for more people than just "me"...

THANKS TO ALL OF DARKA, THE FACELESS FACTIONS, AND ALL THE ARTISTS AND LISTENERS WHO MADE LIFE A FUN FUN TIME! My heart belongs to you and you are truly family.

MM

edit on 6-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Again, for historic reasons and self amusement, I am adding more history records of the band "DOWNRIVERKILLERS". Here are a handful of flyers that were used to promote the shows we did at the Webster (New England's largest most popular/professional venue). Each show was based on a movie or a strange concept behind it.

Here are a few of my favorite flyers I made, and some of the best shows I ever been to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b019fe292d9f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23b4876fea90.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4828fbc5ec9c.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/468be727f06e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/903de9665fdc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4437c04dc302.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dbea9c3c577.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/109b91a29063.jpg[/atsimg]

And of course...some Masks. Faces I know and love and still salute as best friends across the realm of reality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bba0cbda3813.jpg[/atsimg]

MM

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Man, you had me crawling after the 2nd video. That freestyle was sick in so many ways.
You are one crazy talent. I hope to see lots of good info from ATS creep into your lyrics.

Im flaggin this madness

Why drop out of makin' music?
Learn to face your disease, you'll be back.

Didn't finish reading the whole post before I replied - way cool that you did it all for free release. That is awesome! I hope you sold some masks and tix !
I get the honor of your first star.
I'd be an ass to not mention those are some sweet posters, nice work.
Thanks for sharing
edit on 6-12-2010 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

edit on 6-12-2010 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Masky

Thanks for sharing hun.
Just playing through them all my little artistic nutter.
I

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you very much for your kind words on DRK. I can't say I feel the urge to ever make music again, but who knows, maybe when I'm old and gray I'll make a folk band...always wanted to make folk music.

To continue this historical documentation of Downriverkillers, I am adding a few more songs. I don't know who uploaded these, but I found them and thank whoever put them on youtube.

WARNING: all these songs have adult concepts or may not be suitable for younger audiences or people with good taste. I also can't sing

Super Heroes PT 3 (Crusader of Truth): A song about being a Super Hero in today's age.

Last Days of Flash Gordon: The person who uploaded this has confused Flash Gordon with The Flash from DC comics. (elements in this beat and some sound clips are used from free loops or public domain)This song is about flying home in your space ship and finding the world has died in your absence.

Phases: Everyday is a phase, when one is done you'll be hit with another one. You may say that you hate it but...so does everyone.

MM

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That was some demented stuff. I like it. I see you liked masks even back then lol. I can almost imagine you crawling around in diapers with a mask on. Anywho, thanks for sharing these.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Masky

Thanks for sharing hun.
Just playing through them all my little artistic nutter.
I

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Masky!!!!!!!!

Love what you've done with the place!

As I bask in all the win that this thread is full of, just thought I'd pop in to say S&F, even though the music isn't my normal cup of tea, I truly enjoyed it, you're partner guy is SKEERY looking - and I like that!

Oh... and if I ever find myself in the greater New England area.. we are SO going to have to go out for a beer/coffee/blood of virgins... you know, whatever the local preference happens to be!

You, Sir, are a shining member of our psychotic little ATS community!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Masky!!!!!!!!

Love what you've done with the place!

Thank you sir! I figured there were too many "classy threads" and decided to slum it up a bit with this.

As I bask in all the win that this thread is full of, just thought I'd pop in to say S&F, even though the music isn't my normal cup of tea, I truly enjoyed it, you're partner guy is SKEERY looking - and I like that!

Krazlin is scary!? Ha! I will surly pass that on to him...funny thing is, he is a big sweety poo and everyone always said "Kraz is the nice one".

I was often told I was the creepy or mean one...lol...sweet.

Oh... and if I ever find myself in the greater New England area.. we are SO going to have to go out for a beer/coffee/blood of virgins... you know, whatever the local preference happens to be!

It would be my pleasure to share all three with ya! Of course I prefer coffee.

You, Sir, are a shining member of our psychotic little ATS community!

And YOU sir are what freaks like me hope to become...after we get out of prison, that is.

All love and bugs on ya, and thanks for the kind words on my little thread here.

MM

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
That was some demented stuff. I like it. I see you liked masks even back then lol. I can almost imagine you crawling around in diapers with a mask on. Anywho, thanks for sharing these.

Thank you!

And yes, I loved Masks my whole life. I have pictures of me at 4 or 5 years of age, bumping Masks made of paper and clay.

I dunno what it is...but I prefer to wear a Mask at all times in public, and if I had my way (and better lawyers) I'd never be outside without one.

MM

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've already said to you my impressions on your music at the chat, but again...
I LOVE YOUR BAND!
because is very uncommon.

That's it, you should make music again
!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
I've already said to you my impressions on your music at the chat, but again...
I LOVE YOUR BAND!
because is very uncommon.

That's it, you should make music again
!

Awwwww thank you!!!

I like the description "uncommon"...

Before Vanilla Ice was around I was called "Snow", then V-Ice arrived and I was called "Vanilla Ice" , then Eminem became popular and I was called "Eminem", and eventually everyone called me ICP...

I like "uncommon" much better...Lord knows I never tried to be any of those artists and just followed my heart and said things I needed to express or get out in a creative and unique way.

As for making music again...I'm told that often...but nothing inside me wants to be doing that again. Like I said, who knows, maybe when I'm much older and ready for a really CRAZY folk band.

Thanks again!

MM
edit on 7-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Lol. Just don't go into banks or gas stations like that. Some people tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
reply to post by Mr Mask

Lol. Just don't go into banks or gas stations like that. Some people tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

Sadly...you are correct.

But, having spent so much time in a Mask, I can tell you- it is more often that you meet open minded folks who seem to understand/accept the personal choice/desire to be Faceless, then it is meeting people who draw weapons or want to do you harm.

But yes...rule #1 of wearing a Mask, you must work towards building or establishing places where you may freely remain faceless without fear of being arrested or assaulted.

Fun times working that out...and never easy.

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Updating this thread with three more songs (all with lyrics).

WARNING: All songs here have lyrics some people may find offensive. I also can't sing.

Nobody Likes the Tina Bepler Song: Tina Bepler is fat, angry and sick of it all. She would have died unknown and unloved, but due to this song, a few hundred souls sang her name and danced. From the downriverkiller's 2007 album Revenge of the Sif (R.O.T.S).

Small Town: The story of living in a small town, the dangers of taking it seriously, and the final outcome of it all. From the 2009 downriverkillers album "Whorasaur"

New DRK Song The first track of our 2004 album titled "New DRK Songs". It pretty much tells you just why you should enjoy new DRK songs and the free albums they come on.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Continuing the historical files with another song. This one is from 2009 and was one of the last we ever recorded for release. It's called Whorasaur, from the album Whorasaur.

WARNING: All songs here may be offensive to some people with class or finer tastes. I also can't sing.

WHORASAUR: The first track to our last album "Whorasaur", details the war between body and soul in a world that banks on both.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Nice Mask, ..... reeeaaaal nice, the flyers are epic son.

If you ever get back on your feet I would request a Remix of : " Up In Dem Guts "

...... it's a love song.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Nice Mask, ..... reeeaaaal nice, the flyers are epic son.

If you ever get back on your feet I would request a Remix of : " Up In Dem Guts "

...... it's a love song.

Heh...love songs always were my favorite songs to make. I'll see what I can do...

Yeah, Up in Dem Guts sounds romantic!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Like the sound. Sort of reminds me a little of ICP mixed with Korn.

Great job.

Edit to add: I am going to share this with some friends. I think they would really like the sound as well.

Raist

edit on 12/11/10 by Raist because: add comment

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So far my favorite is that car. I do not know why but that song if freaking awesome.

Again, great job.

Raist

top topics

<<   2 >>

join