It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Now, dreams are dreams, but there was one dream my dad had that sort of lingers.

In mid-'93, my family moved into a beautiful new home in the Seven Oaks housing division in Alpharetta, Georgia. An absolutely awesome place, I tell ya! Our home was one of the first built too. Anyway, we moved in. On that very first night, my dad had this dream he was walking around the house when he got to the back and saw three guys in black robes, who then ran off into the dark woods behind our house. Freaky.

Fortunately, nothing ever came of the dream and my dad put it behind him. But it always did bother me. Why did my dad see three guys in black robes in his dream? And considering it happened only at that house, was there something about the house as well? Regarding the house, it's interesting to note that the house had about six different owners after we left (we stayed there for about a year). According to friends, nobody stayed for more than a year. Last time I visited Georgia, the house looked empty.

What do you all think? This has really bothered me, why the dream had three guys in black robes. I'm just glad nothing bad happened, but I'm afraid I might have the same experience.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I doth point ye thusly.

However, if he only had it once, I wouldnt worry TOO much..
Although it is kind of odd.

Im sure you have already figured out that it might mean "Something bad/evil took place there"... But it mightve also been a forebodance of things to come?

*shrug*

Weird dream, but dont let yourself get too worked up about it

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It really is odd, isn't it? A typical bad dream is a monster chasing after you. The one my dad had is just freakish.

Like I said, nothing really came of it, it's just that the dream itself wasn't too pretty. In fact, my dad said he felt very uncomfortable and uneasy after that night. He spent less time at home, as a matter of fact. He'd always be finding stuff to do outside, and he liked it, but now that I think of it, he really was doing it on purpose. Us moving from that house seems to have had something to do with that. I remember my dad was considering a transfer from his work after moving into that house and I was a little irritated at that.

As for something bad happening there, I heard something about that. I'll have to look into that.

I am actually planning to buy that house back in the future. For what it's worth, it is an excellent home and I had many good memories in that house and neighborhood. But I should be careful.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, if it makes you uncomfortable, I suggest you "clease" the house and surrounding property.

Using whatever beliefs you subscribe to, of course.

You could bring in a priest (they do it for free
) or just burn some sage, or *shrug* whatever ye wants.

I would also suggest putting some sort of barrier (wether it be symbolic, practical, or magical) between the house and the wooded area behind it. Would help put your mind at ease

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Rather unnecessary. I won't be living there, I'd just buy the house and live elsewhere!

Call me a wimp, 'CAUSE I AM!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
weird i had a dream kinda like that but they were in white robes and they just dissapeared

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, white robes is different!

I think that dreams are dreams, but sometimes it's the simple fact at what we see that causes us worry. This wasn't some killer chasing after my dad. It was three guys in black in our backyard. Now, if it was those dudes lets say in the middle of a baseball stadium that would be different. But my dad saw them in our own backyard, in our home, place we should be safe.

Bottom line, my dad felt from that day forward that we shouldn't be living there. And it seems like other people after we left apparently came to that same conclusion.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
the men in black robes reminds me alot of the story in the necronomicon....look into it..

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
To me...

The three figures in black robes represnt a satanic triumvirate. They may have been a symbol meant tofrighten your father away, or to warn him. Either way, I would not discount his vision, and I personally would stay the HELL away.

EDIT: Sucky spelling

[edit on 7/5/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
kinda has to do with the story i mentioned lol

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
but really i'd stay away too

new topics

top topics

join