It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Backers Lovin' Sadam Trial...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here's an interesting read for those disgusted with the WMD basis for Bush's Iraq invasion:

www.washtimes.com...

"...in the weeks and months before Operation Iraqi Freedom began, the administration rested most of its case for war on the threat of weapons of mass destruction.
Although Mr. Bush later acknowledged that he had been deeply troubled by Saddam's human rights abuses, he said he doubted whether those abuses alone would justify war."

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What's your point?

The UN found Saddam's WMDs scattered through-out the world and has admitted he was moving these weapons and illegal rockets out of the country before, during and after our liberation of Iraq.

And Bush is right, when was the last time Americans or anyone did anything for "Human rights"?

I don't see the US or the French in western Sudan right now, and the only reason it WAS brought up, is the Sudanese have oil.

Rwanda is a great example of how no nation on earth gives a pile of stinking bullcrap about Human rights except within their own borders.

People are self-interested, face it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My point was that the slant of the article is that the human rights issue wasn't justification enough to go to war, thus WMD's. Not that I disagree with the ultimate good of what is happening, but it seemed to me that this situation was not as high a priority as finding Bin Laden first.

I haven't seen anything in detail on the disbursement of these WMD's around the world...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Oh sorry for the confusion of your aim.

Actually I agree with that entirely, I saw right threw the WMD claim, sure they may be getting them but the threat of dilivery could still be controlled.

Since before we even set foot in Iraq I was telling others who were saying that the WMD reason is crap, that it was probably just to help motivate Americans for the real reason, Bush Sr. should have destroyed Saddam's regime and Saddam had become a horrific butcher so Bush Jr. was rectifying that.

And I'm aware that they are not Bush Sr. nor Bush Jr. it's just so much easier to right.

You reserve Sr. and Jr. only when the middle names are the same

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.unmovic.org

The information about Saddam's weapons can be found there, it should still be the most recent quarterly issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I personally believe Sadam had something going on with WMD's (moonlighting on Southpark too), I just think the Bush Team was a little hasty in the initial action and totally threw PR for the image of the USA out the window for a more personal quest, basically flipping the bird to the UN and making us all look like arrogant Americans instead of concerned Americans.

Sadam isn't a stupid man, maybe bull-headed - I think he got out whatever he had or buried it long before the troops got there...that's just my theory...

Freemason, I'll check the link - thanks for the info

[edit on 7/2/2004 by muckminer]

top topics

join