It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Assange 'rape' accuser linked to notorious CIA operative

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Revealed: Assange 'rape' accuser linked to notorious CIA operative

www.rawstory.com

James D. Catlin, a lawyer who recently represented Assange, said the sex assault investigation into the WikiLeaks founder is based on claims he didn't use condoms during sex with two Swedish women.
While in Cuba, Ardin worked with the Las damas de blanco (the Ladies in White), a feminist anti-Castro group.
Professor Michael Seltzer pointed out that the group is led by Carlos Alberto Montaner who is reportedly connected to the CIA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Looks like where there is smoke there is fire. This complex web that Assange is in may end up in him giving up the codes to his 'insurance'. A wise man says 'There is no coincidence.'
Let us hope that the 4th pillar : MSM finally starts doing their job so that foreign websites don't have to do the job that should be done by the NYT and other papers. No wonder that most of the papers are going out of business.. They have all turned into tabloids..

Sorry... I am ranting..

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nice. Finally. S&F
2nd
BTW your profile pic is sweet!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You should remove the word rape from the topic. I know it was first reported as such by some media outlets but you should really get rid of it as it seems to stick like clue to Assange's name. He was never charged with rape or molestating, closest english term would be sexual misconduct. This is a very small charge that carries a maximum penalty of 750$.
About the raw story itself. I wouldn't be surprised but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was completely coincidental.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

so is this like 4 or 5 degrees of separation?
Do you know that it only takes 3 degrees of separation to link me to Michael Jordan? Though blood relation none the less...yet i've never met the man in my life.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Definitely desperate? Charged with a crime that is only a crime in Sweden? Suggests to me that after the first leak in July, Assange was 'investigated' and there was no 'leverage' found.

Does anyone know if Assange had any prior link to Sweden?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
reply to post by mr10k

so is this like 4 or 5 degrees of separation?
Do you know that it only takes 3 degrees of separation to link me to Michael Jordan? Though blood relation none the less...yet i've never met the man in my life.

This. Just because she was involved with people who were involved with people (etc. etc.) who were in the CIA doesn't mean the CIA had anything to do with it.

I'm connected to the Queen of England through 6 degrees of separation. Doesn't make me royalty.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Nice. Finally. S&F
2nd
BTW your profile pic is sweet!

That's what i immediately thought as well. This reminds me of Dane Cooks anonymous from yahoo.com joke.Let me tell you what, this CIA agency is way too much already. Even if its true or false, there is no differencebetween them and a mob of gangsters that due as they please. Same goes for the FBI, I no longer buy intothe illusion that they are here to help. They are just a mob of special interest that go around and do thingsout of experimentation and boredom. Its like they set up goals to mess with people, its on record. They losers.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This really does not surprise me. It sounded like a set up from the first time I heard it.
Good find.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So this just further shows that the rape charges were drummed up? Well in any event is this the second time it has popped up as well? I see they are trying to really get Mr. Assange now, I don't follow most of it but it certainly all seems to be an interesting episode of "As the world turns"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
well I see this article goes into detail
of one of Julian's accusers Anna Ardin
but does not say anything about the
other woman that I see. I believe her
name is Sofia Wilén.

And according to this page link,
Julian checked himself into an
institution for mental instability
at some point. However, the article
does not state when or where this
took place.

Julian Assange, the boss behind Wikileaks, had his own personal tragedy which turned his brown hair white. Julian Assange was born in 1971, in Australia. When Assange’s girlfriend gave birth to a child, he wanted to get custody of the kid.

Assange fought a long and futile battle in the courts for custody and lost. The sum total of Assange’s experiences may have embittered him to all forms of authority. That could have been the premises for his desire to expose information.

Julian Assange was once so concerned for his mental health that he checked himself into hospital for treatment.

celebgalz.com...

edit on 12/6/2010 by boondock-saint because: pic add

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
This really does not surprise me. It sounded like a set up from the first time I heard it.
Good find.

not to mention how CNN Acted and defended the accuser

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
NIce thread, thank you...
and yes it would be nice if MSM started doing there job..

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It would also be nice if people on ATS stopped blindly believing everything they read.

Again, this is a distant connection at best. Just because she was involved a group that was headed by a man with possible CIA connections does NOT mean that she automatically has CIA connections. I can't believe people are interpreting this like that. People are seeing connections where they don't exist.

My father used to know Don Shelby, a renowned anchor at WCCO-TV (an affiliate of CBS) in Minnesota. Oh noes! I have ties to the MSM! Better ignore everything I say!

Seriously...people need to follow this site's motto and deny ignorance. This topic is just grasping at straws.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very eye opening find. Let's not let this one get buried amongst the chaff.
Star and Flag.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well just maybe it goes to show that Assange has never truly been a target. That his 'troubles' have been manufactured to give him validity. And just maybe the cia-dog connection is really there, but as a support function in building his 'cover' story

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Well just maybe it goes to show that Assange has never truly been a target. That his 'troubles' have been manufactured to give him validity. And just maybe the cia-dog connection is really there, but as a support function in building his 'cover' story

If one chooses to investigate the facts, with an open mind they will find your assesment is not far fetched at all, and rather likely.

Anna Ardin was to Assange like a personal assistant.

Ardin was a travel co-ordinater for Assange, as she tried to get places for Assange to stay, as he had to remain secretive, while on the run from the authorities who wish to apprehend him.

So, its not like these two just met, and had a one night stand.

And it seems Assange and Ardin are both in hiding. Humm....

Anna Ardin has gone into hiding since she was identified by the Swedish press as a possible plaintiff in the police report. Ardin was a former university research assistant.

celebgalz.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Indeed, it is all very questionable.

Now the charge went from Assange raping two women to Assange having sex with two women in Sweden while not wearing a condom? Since when is getting laid a crime? Hell, it's hard enough for me to find a woman to screw who actually wants me to wear a condom here, because they take birth control for a reason.

Just a bunch of trumped up media charges. Most people that I've discussed Assange with in my everyday life have brought up the whole rape case deal, so I guess the tactic was effective (even though it was clearly fabricated).

CIA involvement is no surprise. If the CIA cannot kill a high-value target because they are too popular, and cannot arrest them for fabricated charges, then the next step is to slander his image. Even if Assange did rape two women, it has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the documents that he has presented to the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Would it be unfair to use a quote by Assange and apply it to his situation?
I am going to do it anyways. Its more than fair.

Conspirators are discerning, some trust and depend each other, others say little.
Important information flows frequently through some links, trivial information
through others. So we expand our simple connected graph model to include not
only links, but their “importance”

cryptome.org...

It is also pointed out that on Wikileaks advisory board is Ben Laurie, a one-time programmer and Internet security expert for Google, which recently signed a cooperative agreement with the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and has been charged by China with being part of a U.S. cyber-espionage campaign against China

www.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Agreed.. It should be changed to 'Sex' or something else... Tried to change but it is beyond the time limit...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join