It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Godzilla" Stealth Ship to Stalk Japanese Whalers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb2f915f415a.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from source:

The Sea Shepherd's new anti-whale vessel, the Gojira, which means Godzilla in Japanese, will monitor the Japanese whaling fleet in this summer's anti-whaling offensive, its skipper, Locky MacLean, says, vowing to avoid any collisions with the Japanese whalers. The Japanese whaling fleet left its home port five days ago.The 30-year-old Canadian has been with Sea Shepherd off and on for 11 years and captained the Steve Irwin last year.

"I have got no intention of colliding with a steel vessel," Captain Locky MacLean said after the Gojira docked in Hobart for fuel and supplies before heading to meet its sister vessels Steve Irwin and Bob Barker in the Southern Ocean.

It replaces the Ady Gil, which was sunk after a collision with a Japanese whaling vessel last summer. The collision led to the arrest of its captain, Pete Bethune, in January.

Hell Yeah!!

Glad to hear that the Sea Shepherd crew just keeps getting better and better.

These are the people that should be getting a ton of funding to curb the Asian countries from killing whales.

All the power to them!!

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wonder what the vessel will look like for saving the chickens & cows.
Or even the tuna, cod, crabs, shrimp or shark but I get it, it has to be big to be important.

And yes I do eat everything I listed as much as possible!
My cynicism is directed to these people because they are a product of our media. I'd rather form a terrorist group hell bent on destroying/sinking/blowing up whaling ships then resort to these tactics.
edit on 12/6/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Personally, I'd like to see the Sea Shepherd's crew using RPGs.

It isn't just Asian countries that still whale-hunt however; Norway and Russia and others still allow the practice, simply to allow the richest among their citizens to boast that they have eaten whale meat.

It is not defendable. There is no reason left to hunt these creatures when there is so much domesticated live stock, and whale oil had been replaced by crude oil.

The only reason is the cheap thrill that some sick SOBs get from eating these arguably sentient beings.

That's the same crowd that think throwing a live cat into a boiling vat of oil is ok, because they contend it makes the meat more delicious if the cat dies in agony.

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

That's the same crowd that think throwing a live cat into a boiling vat of oil is ok, because they contend it makes the meat more delicious if the cat dies in agony.

How is this any different then the way we kill ANY other animal for food? Would you rather be thrown into hot oil, decapitated or beat in the head with something? How but being hooked by the mouth, dragged onto a boat then tossed into a vat with thousands of bodies surrounding you? I think either way you'd be dying in agony. Have you ever put a lobster/crab in a pot, it dies pretty quick.
Believe it or not I am an advocate against animal cruelty but I am not completely blinded by the fact that this is the way nature works - eat or be eaten!

100 Dead Whales vs. millions of dead cows. Cows cry when there children are stolen from them, are they any less sentient?

Have to go I am hungry now.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

How is it any different?

So the tuna you profess to eat, you kill by throwing into a boiling vat of oil? You kill cows in the vat of boiling oil? It must be a big vat.

I get what you are trying to say though and agree you have a point. Factory agriculture is inhumane. Whale Wars is great theater if totally impracticable.

I agree with the other ATSer with the RPG though. Sink them or do not bother.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It seems an oddly inappropriate name considering what the Japanese did to Godzilla (depending on what ending you saw.) I suspect the Japanese are laughing their tushes off. It looks flimsy enough. Hopefully it can be easily sunk, "accidentally," of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

The point I was making about the boiling oil was, 'how is dying this way less horrifying then say being caught on a hook, being decapitated, hit in the head or shot?'

Hot oil would kill anything in a matter of seconds and if it didn't the super heated air would.
This is a subject I have studied a bit. Example, this is why when people are burned at the stake they put the wood in a circle around the stake, not under it, this ensures they die slow and painfully, slowly cooked, usually reserved for the worst offenders. Making a pile of wood and putting the accused on top usually means they will die of super heated air in the lungs in seconds, much faster then the 20 so minutes being cooked alive the other way.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just watched this interview a few days ago. An interview of Japanese people on whaling.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
First of all, hunting these whales is not nessasary. They are endangered, unlike farmed livestock.

Your enthusiasm for killing animals is rediculous. Animals die so you can live, and you should respect that and be thinking of ways they can live a good life, and die a humane death instead of coming on here preaching about how you're so enlightened that you have a basic human instinct. That doesn't make you human though....

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

How is this any different then the way we kill ANY other animal for food? Would you rather be thrown into hot oil, decapitated or beat in the head with something? How but being hooked by the mouth, dragged onto a boat then tossed into a vat with thousands of bodies surrounding you? I think either way you'd be dying in agony. Have you ever put a lobster/crab in a pot, it dies pretty quick.
Believe it or not I am an advocate against animal cruelty but I am not completely blinded by the fact that this is the way nature works - eat or be eaten!
Have to go I am hungry now.

edit on 6-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: quote too long, better edit before quote police get me ll

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

First of all, hunting these whales is not nessasary. They are endangered, unlike farmed livestock.

Your enthusiasm for killing animals is rediculous. Animals die so you can live, and you should respect that and be thinking of ways they can live a good life, and die a humane death instead of coming on here preaching about how you're so enlightened that you have a basic human instinct. That doesn't make you human though....

I agree hunting whales to extinction is ridiculous but I don't see the difference in killing a whale, cow or chicken. But, by your answer, I guess if we started to farm whales then they wouldn't care as much about being slaughtered.

And why do you think I have no respect for animals? Trust me you don't get it.
If you are ever in the ocean and a shark takes a bite off of you maybe then you will understand. No, on the other hand, you will just get mad at the shark.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't nessasarily agree with killing any animal. I'm honestly starting to become morally aware of it, when a plant based diet will suffice. I still eat meat, but I eat as little as possible, and would rather source it from plentiful, organic, free range animals.

I doubt you have respect for animals judging by your comments.

Self defense is totally different than inhumane slaughter. Yes I would kick the sharks ass if it tried to bite me. The point is, I wouldn't kill the shark unless it was as a last resort.

I agree hunting whales to extinction is ridiculous but I don't see the difference in killing a whale, cow or chicken. But, by your answer, I guess if we started to farm whales then they wouldn't care as much about being slaughtered.

And why do you think I have no respect for animals? Trust me you don't get it.
If you are ever in the ocean and a shark takes a bite off of you maybe then you will understand. No, on the other hand, you will just get mad at the shark.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I like watching the show. The only reason I do is I am waiting for one of those damn hippies to go over board or better yet I would love to see one of those ships go down.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You do know whales are free range animals right now.

And you are right I miss worded my line. I have respect for all life.
But I am not going into my beliefs on this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Whales are free range, endangered, and they don't provide alot of lean edible meat. They are a waste to farm. And even if they weren't, they are endangered.

You do know whales are free range animals right now.

And you are right I miss worded my line. I have respect for all life.
But I am not going into my beliefs on this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Really now, the fact they are endangered upsets me.

But do you even know how they taste, what if they are delicious?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I did not know that.

Please remember this is an emotional subject to many, including myself. You have made it clear you respect life all life too even though some here do not see that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I'm not trying to be disrespectful I just don't understand how people can be upset for the whales when so many other animals we eat on a daily bases is acceptable.

What is the difference between killing a whale, a cow or any animal for food?
Many of the people in this movement are meat eaters.
If this is strictly a matter of hunting an endangered species I could understand, but it isn't and I don't.

And the tv show pulls on the heart strings of the masses for one purpose - ratings. If they really wanted to save the whales at all costs then why aren't they doing it, as many others posted also.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think that the fact that they are close to humans in intelligence is a big deal. Also with the Japanese killing Dolphins they appear to have no empathy for intelligent animals.

I do not eat meat BTW, and do not judge you for doing so. I do not understand why we do not have this kind of outrage to our factory farms as many, many animals are treated inhumanely. I find it absolutley disgusting that we treat any animal that way. But, whales are very intelligent and should be treated so.

Pred...
edit on 6-12-2010 by predator0187 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I want to quit eating meat, but I just don't know what to eat otherwise that will satisfy me... Any suggestions?
edit on 6-12-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: I mean chocolate is good, but I can't live on that. =P

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Like!!! WTF THAT TEH AMERICAN GODZILLA, GRRRRRR
edit on 6-12-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join