It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I have wondered the same thing for a while.

Then that should bring up the question of - Is it just hair on the head, or is body hair included?

I have to ask because Im a beast. All the hair, all the where. LOL.

I perceive danger better than most of my friends (male and female) especially when I have longer hair. Whether or not that is coincidence or me being paranoid is another topic altogether. I do wonder how much of it is based on the hair, and how much is based on how I am able to read people. I am generally pretty good at reading folks.

Thats not to say I am psychic or know when they will die or how much money they will make in their lifetime, but rather, I see what people dont want to be seen (necessarily). I can tell when they are lying, being truthful, and when it is time for me to go. Most of the people in my life trust my intuition and we have been removed from situations before they have gotten out of hand. Again, whether or not my hair has anything to do with this is anyone's guess, and I would assume they'd say it wasn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
your hair are your antenni, the longer the hair the longer the range, what that range is i have no clue but its universal and multidimensional

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff! I tend to side with the Sikhs on this one. Personally, I never allow anyone to cut my hair and I only trim it to keep it out my eyes.

Sikhs may not cut their hair. Known as kesh, unshorn hair is seen as being part of nature and God's system. Not cutting (or braiding, dying, styling etc) the hair and living as nature intended is deemed an act of acceptance and devotion that brings one into higher consciousness; to cut the hair is a cardinal sin.

I had a look on Wiki about cultural hair cutting and found there are quite a few slave-cultures, including western ones, where a child, particularly boys, get their first hair cut around the same time as the fontanelle closes (completion of skull plate fusion). There is an old wives tale that a child will first speak only once the fontanelle has closed. The fontanelle is located in the same region as the crown or seventh chakra that enables spiritual communication. The third eye?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A problem I find with their explanation is that they call hair 'an extension of the nerves.' This simply isn't true. Hair is dead. It is made up of keratinized proteins, the same stuff that makes up our nails. Hair has muscles attached to it which make it stand up when we are cold or scared (erector pilli) but beyond that there is no nerve anything inside of hair. When you cut it, it doesn't feel anything. When you pull it, the attachment to the muscles in your body is what hurts, not the hair itself. Just as I'd have trouble believing that my fingernails had a Sixth Sense, I have trouble believing my hair has a Sixth Sense. So, I am just not buying into this.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Could be something to it.

I've always been able to "sense" when danger was around, even through walls from enclosed rooms and such. At times, I've even been able to feel it from a considerable distance, like when a situation fairly far away was about to "go south", and have been able to prepare myself accordingly. People who know me have consistently called it my "combat sense", even when no "combat" was involved, and have learned to pay attention to it when I mention those feelings. I never really thought about it, but after reading this, I realized that it IS stronger when my hair is longer.

I always chalked it up to some sort of subconscious processing of stimuli that my conscious wasn't aware of receiving, rather than anything "paranormal".

I recently grew a beard for about a year, and when I shaved it off, for the next week or so I could feel it still there, waving on the breezes, like a phantom limb. Now I'm wondering if I was feeling the "impact" of something that the beard would have been "receiving" instead.

Interesting concept.

edit on 2010/12/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
People laugh at me when I let my beard grow out, because I have a vagina. I hate shaving it, because I feel like I am being untrue to myself, like The Kid in me dies. And good luck getting a boyfriend when you're a chick with a beard!!!

I'm all about keeping it natural, but society has made me kill my body in so many ways.

I believe it's true, there is a sect of Jewish Peoples that never cut their hair, they don't even comb it, just let it grow in dreads. I accidently snipped a curl off of one of my dreads, and I cried for like 5min, I felt like a root from my Spirit Tree had been severed, and it had, there is no growing it back, that's when I made the decision to NEVER cut my hair again.

I've dyed my hair with henna before, I've dyed it Red, and Indigo, I recommend it, it's fun. I think I might get some now, don't know if it will show up all that well, though, because the last time I did it, my hair was bleached (never gonna bleach it again, that was like in 07).

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Interesting post. I have been contemplating shaving my head because its starting to thin on top. But now I think I will just let it be. At least until its all gone on top, then it all has to go.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
When I was researching into my past culture as a native Tlinget I had discovered that thier shaman believe the same thing. The hair holds super natural abilities. The shaman always had long hair and if it was cut, he would not be able to perform medicine. Or so the Tlingets say.

I believe them, as I was a self taught "psychic" for years, and noticed a huge difference when I would cut my hair. I kept my hair long right up through my mid 30's.

link   
Very interesting thread.
I think it has merit. No, no references to any study, but the story has a certain appeal. It just feels right, to me.
I guess it just seems more than a coincidence that I personally decided about a month ago to grow my hair out after thirty years of keeping it short and proper.
It seemed like a "survival" issue, unexplainable until, possibly, now?
Don't know.

link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
A problem I find with their explanation is that they call hair 'an extension of the nerves.' This simply isn't true. Hair is dead. It is made up of keratinized proteins, the same stuff that makes up our nails. Hair has muscles attached to it which make it stand up when we are cold or scared (erector pilli) but beyond that there is no nerve anything inside of hair. When you cut it, it doesn't feel anything. When you pull it, the attachment to the muscles in your body is what hurts, not the hair itself. Just as I'd have trouble believing that my fingernails had a Sixth Sense, I have trouble believing my hair has a Sixth Sense. So, I am just not buying into this.

how would a snail feel if it lost its home?
how would a crab feel, if it lost its shell?

Now, Dr. StrangeLove, think of The Bomb.
edit on 6-12-2010 by leira7 because: sp 4Evvvs

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
all of the biblical forefathers had long hair
when the negative entities came down, playing god, ie the jewish `elohim` etc..
they would command the high priest to shave their hair before yom kippur etc, and they gave these stupd rules to weaken them

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Interesting post s@&f's from me.
Do you have some of the Kirlian Photos that you mentioned?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well I had long hair from the age of 12 until I was about 27, at which point it was about half way down my back, and I can't say it gave me any special abilities in fact I sometimes get lost inside my own house

Just to offer an alternate theory. You don't think that these mens sudden inability to track things could be put down to being used to tracking things in an environment like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87d1bc6bef44.jpg[/atsimg]

Then being asked to track things in an environment like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7758701d1d78.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a reason that people usually recruit locals to track things for them

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just an interesting link I found about hair while searching. Interesting stuff and provides a contrast to much of what is being discussed here particularly as it deals with fighters.

I guess long hair is for those with "sensitivity" instead of physical force, hence the "sixth sense".

Often men who are losing their hair feel that they are losing their youth. The suggestion that being bald proves you are more virile has been undermined by medical science and is not very reassuring. History, however, tells a different story. There are many different cultures, worldwide, where baldness or the removal of part of the hair has traditionally been the mark of a warrior. Even some female warriors have chosen to remove their hair to demonstrate their warrior spirit.

Baldness and Warrior Traditions

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

True, the environment is different. But, you can't pick and choose what the facts are, especially when there are NO facts. In other words, the "story" is that the ones with uncut hair performed normally, as opposed to the cut hair dudes that failed. It doesn't say they didn't perform at all. if they had failed to perform at all, then the change in environment could be a very good reason why.
So, lacking sources, we can determine only whether we believe it is plausible. I mean, if Samson regretted getting his hair cut, that is good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well as a hockey fan I am quite aware of "playoff beards." It all seems to make sense now.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

True enough, I would note though that the VietCong weren't known for their long locks and they seemed to manage ok

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Truly fascinating, and I don't need proof, because it resonates as biologically true to me, but I'm still gonna google it.
Wanna see what if anything else out in the wild web about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That may be because they were in the right. That was their home, and they were defending it.
That is my opinion.
I don't know if the Viet Cong all cut their hair, or if the ones that didn't, if any, defended their homes better.
All this speculation is making my head and hair spin.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Aside from there not being proof of the OP's story, I'm wondering why, if the military knows this about hair, do they continue to require short hair? It makes sense for boot camp, where they break you down. So they shave the guys' heads, and cut the girls' hair shorter, first thing in boot camp. But then, even after that, there are still strict standards for hair. So, why? If more hair makes a better military, why does our military keep their hair short? Interesting stuff, but why wouldn't we take advantage of it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join