It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Rome LOL OK Guess what the Roman Culture Copied ! People that are Called Greeks and Were The Fiercest Warriors of all time !

Not. Really.!!!! The Romans. Punked Them. !!!!

In the OLD World! The Spartans The Elite Class More Like a Roman Knight!
and Did they Not ? have Hair and Beards !

Greece was more ! a Loose Collection ! of city-States . !! Than a Unified. Country at the Time !!
Some PiloPonesians (It's A Pun.!) were. Warriors and Others Were ! Not so much.

My Heritage the Mohawks Warriors that Only CUT their Hair(SHAVED) When Theres a WAR ,, So what is the point in your Argument ! Again ! Please Explain yourself Clearly!

Wouldnt' That. Make Them Idiots. ! Too CUT their HAIR (SHAVED) ! Before A WAR!! ? If It Was Of Benefit! ??

and the Fact that the hair Stands up by the Hair Muscles( within the Scalp) we have !

My Fingers Also. Stand Up From Muscles (within the Forearm). That Does Not. Make Them Antennae!!

and The Static Electricity that the Hair can Conduct!! as I Rub my Head on a Rubber Balloon
then wave it around my head and Down my Arm and my Hair Follows! The Direction of the Balloon !

The Point Of Static Electricity. Is Precisely That It! Doesnot conduct!! It Is A Non-Moving Surface. Charge that Resides On Non-Conductors!! Like Hair! Or Rubber! Or Plastic Balloons!!! Or Styrofoam!! Styrofoam Is Not! An Antenna Or Nerve Cell Either!!!!

Mind you this Thread is about the Hair in Connection in Sense of Direction and Tracking !

Here what i Posted again

Importance of Long Hair and beards
india-indeed.blogspot.com...

there is that the Fact of The Bulb that Produces the Hair Folical is the Only Cell that is in Constant Dividing and Reproducing Cell in the Body

Read and Asborb! This !

This Is. Rubbish. !!! Your Neurons! Which Hair Is Not! Are About The Only Cells That Do NOT Divide Once MATURE!! Because They Eject Their Spindle APPARATUS!! And ENTER Permanent. ! G1 Interphase!

Mechanoreceptor From Wikipedia...Current detection...Just Maybe that Native Americans and Others are More A like the Animals that are capable of this ability !!

Bees Smell Fear!! And The Human. Head Weights About Eight Pounds!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...hair is highly over-rated... to consider yourself (or someone else) more beautiful or more spiritual or more "in tune with the cosmos" because of the length of your hair is (excuse me, i gotta ahahahahahaaaaa) shallow babies - REALLY shallow...

Does back hair count? Cause I think my wife is stunting my ESP reception. I hadn't given it much thought before - it sort of itches if it grows out, and she mows it down with an electric. But, maybe, just maybe, she's intentionally eradicating my Indian-like spidey sense with the Remington O' Doom.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Onehuman, thanks for the OP. I have no idea if the military study is genuine. But I can tell you that among Occultists, this is considered a FACT: long hair acts as an antenna and aids the psychic sense.

And the Samson & Delilah story does mirror this occult belief. This belief is not limited to Judaic occultism and the S&D story is way older than Jesus.

SeaWind

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
the ability is more predominant in Capricorns and other signs that have ESP, we seem to be more sensitive to the earth and our surroundings than most other signs. add hair we're wired in

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman The story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated."

Very interesting post. I notice that you and several others have spoken of the Sampson and Delilah story from the old testament.

I wonder how the new testament all ties in with it though ?

I Corinthians 11:14
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

A lot of Pauline theology seems to be to do with control. Perhaps the authors of this section of the new testament and also the council of Nicea have knowledge of the sort of sensitivities you describe in your post.

Also many depictions of 'Jesus' show a long-haired and bearded individual.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Explain how you think it disproves the idea that "the bible holds encoded information such as the story of Samson.

heres the thing. that was never my point.
I wasted several hours trying to get my actual point across to you and you just ignore it all and continue to spout crap.

This is the last morsel I will feed you troll.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I actually received this email too a couple days ago as-well. I, personally, have been bald for awhile because I was serving in the Canadian Forces and it grew on me, I am very aware and I wake up easy if a person is in the room, etc. But I wonder if having longer hair would make me even more aware. On another note, I've been trying to get myself into lucid dreaming but so far no luck, I wonder if hair could possibly help me achieve it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Yes, I immediately thought about Buddhist monks, Gurus and Rinpoches who shave off their hair (the latter are not impedimented by the lack of hair). And at the same time I remembered many of the meditating yogis and yoginis I have seen and read about who do not cut their hair. A very interesting topic and I have yet to read something similar. I, personally, would like to know more about the scientific validity of the following:

"Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem, the limbic system, and the neocortex." I am not too sure of the relation / interaction between hair and the mammalian neocortex for example (if anyone has further info on this...)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
don't know if this has been posted here,

but members of the Sikh religion grow their head very, very long (past their feet) and spiral it around neatly under their large turbans (purpose of the turbans to hold the hair) ... in order to collect the radiant energy from -god- or the universe...
I suspect the same of beards in most religions, the curly locks on the sides of the heads of hasidic jews, and dreadlocks in Rastafarian religion.

i suspect there is a large amount of truth to this practice.... enabling a higher connection to as-of-yet scientifically undiscovered levels of reality that connect us all on a communicative level with the collective consciousness of the universe(es)

-

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
when i shave my beard off and cut my hair i feel useless, totally dumbed down and numbed. for some reason i comply and shave it off and cut my hair on a regular basis. in a week im back myself. not so dumb nor usless pr that numb.

edit on 10-12-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I used to be bald, shaved myself every week. I kinda wanted to try long hair fopr ages already and i started to let it grow.

It's down to my shoulders now and i'm planning to let it grow for as long as it wants now.. Somehow, my general mood seems to have improved.

Reading this thread made me realise something i didnt realise before.. ever since i let my hair grow i'm simply feeling better. It could be coincidence but i dont think so.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Rome LOL OK Guess what the Roman Culture Copied ! People that are Called Greeks and Were The Fiercest Warriors of all time !

Not. Really.!!!! The Romans. Punked Them. !!!!

WZ+ Depends what tie frame were talking about ... and the Rise and Fall

In the OLD World! The Spartans The Elite Class More Like a Roman Knight!
and Did they Not ? have Hair and Beards !

Greece was more ! a Loose Collection ! of city-States . !! Than a Unified. Country at the Time !!
Some PiloPonesians (It's A Pun.!) were. Warriors and Others Were ! Not so much.

+Sparta was militant & Start training of the Age of 7
+Sparta History Link - www.laconia.org...

My Heritage the Mohawks Warriors that Only CUT their Hair(SHAVED) When Theres a WAR ,, So what is the point in your Argument ! Again ! Please Explain yourself Clearly!

Wouldnt' That. Make Them Idiots. ! Too CUT their HAIR (SHAVED) ! Before A WAR!! ? If It Was Of Benefit! ??

WZ+ What a Insult !! its to Cut the Sympathetic Connection Compassion Right Off and a Warning to Others as they mean Business Hey its war !
Here is Something SIMPLE for Your Understanding... Mohawks for Kids ! Fact Sheet
www.bigorrin.org...

and the Fact that the hair Stands up by the Hair Muscles( within the Scalp) we have !

My Fingers Also. Stand Up From Muscles (within the Forearm). That Does Not. Make Them Antennae!!

WZ+ See Below + Erectores pilorum +

and The Static Electricity that the Hair can Conduct!! as I Rub my Head on a Rubber Balloon
then wave it around my head and Down my Arm and my Hair Follows! The Direction of the Balloon !

The Point Of Static Electricity. Is Precisely That It! Doesnot conduct!! It Is A Non-Moving Surface. Charge that Resides On Non-Conductors!! Like Hair! Or Rubber! Or Plastic Balloons!!! Or Styrofoam!! Styrofoam Is Not! An Antenna Or Nerve Cell Either!!!!

WZ+ Please Read Below !
What Causes Static Electricity in Hair?

Mind you this Thread is about the Hair in Connection in Sense of Direction and Tracking !
That what i Said !

Here what i Posted again

Importance of Long Hair and beards
india-indeed.blogspot.com...

there is that the Fact of The Bulb that Produces the Hair Folical is the Only Cell that is in Constant Dividing and Reproducing Cell in the Body

Read and Asborb! This !

This Is. Rubbish. !!! Your Neurons! Which Hair Is Not! Are About The Only Cells That Do NOT Divide Once MATURE!! Because They Eject Their Spindle APPARATUS!! And ENTER Permanent. ! G1 Interphase!

Mechanoreceptor From Wikipedia...Current detection...Just Maybe that Native Americans and Others are More A like the Animals that are capable of this ability !!

Bees Smell Fear!! And The Human. Head Weights About Eight Pounds!!

Erectores pilorum
en.wikipedia.org...

The arrectores pilorum (singular arrector pili) are small muscles which attach to the hair follicles in mammals. Contraction of these muscles causes the hairs to stand on end - known colloquially as goose bumps. Each arrector pili is composed of a bundle of smooth muscle fibres which attach to several follicles (a follicular unit), and is innervated by the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system. The contraction of the muscle is therefore involuntary - stresses such as cold, fear etc. may stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and thus cause contraction, but the muscle is not under conscious control.

What Causes Static Electricity in Hair?
By Michael O. Smathers, eHow Contributor
updated: April 29, 2010

Read more: What Causes Static Electricity in Hair? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Natural Positive Charges # According to Hair Finder, hair and skin both have a natural pH of 5. A measurement of acidity or basicity, pH also refers to electrical conductivity. Stronger acids and bases conduct electricity more easily than do weaker ones, due to the presence of hydrogen or hydroxide ions. These two ions contain positive and negative electrical charges. Because of hair's acidity, it has more hydrogen ions and therefore has a positive charge, which attracts free electrons. Read more: What Causes Static Electricity in Hair? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So, what's your point in posting cut and pastes to piloerector muscles? It's an old system that "fluffed" your shorter body hair if you were cold, or nervous. There's a lot of other stuff connected to hair follicles as well, like sebaceous glands. None of it's got jack to do with connecting mysterious non-existent hair nerves to your brain.

Next, that ehow post about static and hair is horribly wrong. "As you walk, you gather more and more static electricity and it exits through your hair"? OMG. Who is this idjit?

Let's poke at that eHow reference you posted a bit, because it's so very wrong, and it's a shiny example of why you ought not use eHow for any reason at all, sort of like Yahoo Answers. Wikipedia is a bastion of accuracy compared to those two.

"When your hair receives a charge of static electricity, it loses its normal smoothness as the charged particles interact with the air around your head."

Not at all. What's happening is that your hair has a tiny, nearly undetectable bit of surface conductivity due to the oil coating and surface adsorption of water molecules. This allows the triboelectric charge you picked up due to the interaction between your shoes and the carpet to be evenly distributed over the hair shaft. The charge is not very mobile because the surface conductivity is so low. So now you have a bunch of very low mass, long, charged objects that have limited ability for the electrons to get away from each other, so what you end up with is mutual repulsion. The charges stuck to the hair shafts are all the same polarity, and they don't want to be next to each other, so the strands try to separate from each other. If you've got enough charge, they'll repel each other so much your hair will literally stand on end, but you can't generally get this from carpet and shoes. It should be noted that this will happen even better in a vacuum, and hasn't got jack to do with "interacting with the air around your head"

"Static electricity occurs most often during the cold winter months because cold air holds less moisture."

One of the few things he gets right - likely because he copy pasted it from some reliable source...

"The static charges in your hair, for instance, would normally flow through the water particles surrounding your head."

But then he tries to think about it, and gets it wrong again. Given more air conductivity due to moisture, you will not build up a static charge in the first place. The charge transport by triboelectric friction will still occur, but it'll disperse quickly, in most cases faster than the charge is pumped in. Your hair won't build up a charge because YOU don't.

According to Hair Finder, hair and skin both have a natural pH of 5. A measurement of acidity or basicity, pH also refers to electrical conductivity. Stronger acids and bases conduct electricity more easily than do weaker ones, due to the presence of hydrogen or hydroxide ions.

Ah, yes, Hair Finder, that bastion of physics. Your hair is essentially non-conductive when dry. Period. Your skin isn't very conductive if intact - the epidermis is comprised of dead partially cornified cells from which most of the moisture is gone. If the epidermis is removed, or if you stuff a conductive electrolytic material between the gaps in the dead cells by, say, using a conductive gel, you can get around this. However, even your epidermis is very conductive compared to hair.

There's a nice little study by R.A. Fischer company (link) where they measured the conductivity of hair - even with a couple thousand volts across it, they were unable to measure any current at all.

"As you walk, you gather more and more charge and it will exit through your hair. "

And you're on crack.

Seriously, wolfenz, you can't really go by eHow. What you're looking for here is found under the search term "triboelectric effect". Here are a few links, most are pretty pre-chewed for you:

link
link
link
link

At any rate, it's nothing more than a mechanical transfer of charge. It's got jack to do with ESP or tracking people through a jungle.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Fierce. Not strong and civilized.

And copied or not, the fact does not change. They were victories. And only after the barbarians adopted Roman ways did they win.

Vikings? They never had an empire. They never had anything. They were pirates. Uncivilized barbarians.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Does back hair count? Cause I think my wife is stunting my ESP reception. I hadn't given it much thought before - it sort of itches if it grows out, and she mows it down with an electric. But, maybe, just maybe, she's intentionally eradicating my Indian-like spidey sense with the Remington O' Doom.

...ahahahaaa!... i reckon mowing it
is less painful than a wax job - but - a stubbly back cant be much fun... i'd rather snuggle up to whooly than prickly...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

i reckon mowing it
is less painful than a wax job

I'm too big a wuss. My next elder brother Dan Bedlam got a wax kit from one of his kids for Christmas a couple of years back as a joke. We got sloshed and placed bets on which one of us would yell calfrope first.

I lost on the third round. I think I'd rather be waterboarded.

Or maybe it's that my back hairs actually ARE nerves. It certainly felt like it. The little soft curly ones on the flanks were the ones that got me.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

If I recall correctly, Buddhists and similar groups shave their heads to remove themselves from the world of fashion and appearances. To renounce the idea of "looking good", which is something they have no need for anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

I also have always had short hair,and thanks to my genes am balding at 26..and i have had many experiences where timely 'nudges' from some sort of "spider-sense" which result in me saving my own bacon right before something reaally bad would have otherwise happened. I also tend to unintentionally answer someone's( usually someone i am emotionally connected with) question before it is asked. That being said i dont think hair has anything to do with ESP or the like.
I believe some are more attuned that others no matter the length of hair, and that traditions stating otherwise are simply psychological and traditional to their belief system.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Im going to have to say that i dont think this is true for a couple of reasons.
Firstly why would the american army keep its policy of inflicting an "army cut" on its soldiers if they knew it would potentially save lives. Is the army so old fashioned that they find long hair so wild and repulsive that it canceled out the benefite of reduced troop loss in the middle of the night due to enemy ambushes?

Secondly it would have certainly boosed the number of people joining the army (some people i know would rather die before recieving an "army cut"). it just dosent make sense why the army would bury something that could help humanity realise their true power.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Vikings? They never had an empire. They never had anything. They were pirates. Uncivilized barbarians.

Ever Heard of the Normans ? People that were descendants of Vikings and those descendants conquered Britain Ireland & Italy For Starters .

Norman Conquest Link
www.essentialnormanconquest.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join