It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

ha ha ha. Exactly right, the losers!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wouldn't that mean that George "the animal" Steel's back had ESP.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What an incredible thread.

I myself have made two threads on the matter:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My opinion on hair is the following:

I think a trim every once in a while is good, to replenish the antennae tips with healthy, newer hair.

I love hair. It is like a growing a plant on top of your head. Like plants, it needs proper nutrition and love.

When my hair is long, I feel more confident, and more in tune with the world.

Hair is fantastic.

edit to add: sorry if I offend someone, but I do believe there is such thing as follicle envy.

Sometimes it seems like guys with short hair get jealous of my long hair and feel the need to try and boost themselves up. Any guys with long hair experience this?

edit on 8-12-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
Nothing of worth. The king james was written so king james could get a divorce. Other versions were scribed for other political motivations. The whole thing is a freaking crock. just my 2 cent

You say it has nothing of worth then you specify one man's/conglomerates/religions version of the Bible just like Psyche Nurse did with the Catholics. When we first realise religions basically have the same core belief system at heart and repeat the same stories (archetypes if you will) it is natural to just say its all a crock. But on another level you must consider that even if the source material for books like the Bible is set up to manipulate us it must have grains of intrinsic truth that resonate with us otherwise it could not "stand the test of time" and bring about life or death devotion in people.

If you controlled the world and wanted to keep people in a quagmire of misdirection would you just give people the bogus lies undiluted or would you make people believe the truth was a lie? It is just muddying of the waters.

The codes and hidden truth within the bible only becomes visable when you see a pattern play out both in your personal life and in the macro consistenlty which is the real meaning of "faith" because if it is an undeniable pattern in the universe you cannot simply ignore it. Read the Quran once and it might look like nonsensical poetry, read it in a differant frame of mind and it might look like a manual of extremeism and violence, read it one more time in a contemplatory state and you might unlock its secrets as it were and find some excellent wisdom.

How can the stories in the bible make literal sense? They cant, they are allegorical on multiple levels and from a more ancient source and perverted by the minds of humans.

As has been said before it is more probably more wise to take the good bits and throw away the parts that are uncomfortable and in essence realise it is just another piece of the puzzle.

For example what is the old testament and related books telling us?

That the supreme creator of all consciousness was a "jealous god" and was constanly asking for sacrifice and punishing people who did not fall into line?

It cannot be, so the god it talks about at this point is clearly not what we are lead to believe, a perfect being.

So alreay it is obvious the god most Christians and Muslims and Jewish are worshipping is not what we are taught by manstream society.

This is the powers that be muddying the water and setting up illusions. Already right there millions of people think they are worshipping god or good when they are obviously giving the wrong kind of respect to a being that seeks only to control.

That is encoded information that takes viewing from mulitple angles to make sense of. Doe it not strike you as obvious? But it takes us personaly and a society a long time to catch on to it unless we see that all these "archetypes" like Jesus, Buddah etc... are describing the shamanic experience of fasting and living right and not beng judgemental and not falling for emotions and the material world.

The powers that be give you the truth and tools to become enlightened, it is their way to hide things in sight and d*ck around like that. Jesus says we are the same as God and have godlike powers if we believed it and lived the shamanic way but how many Christians actually think that is the case?

This is why it is ureasonable to throw the baby out with the bath water because these texts consistenly display hidden knowledge. It isnt really something that can be argued about other wise it would not be worth arguing about if you catch my drift.

If you are surprised at my response and a few others it is because I am incredulous, I mean that this sort of realisation is sort of a crux of conspiracy research and wild speculation.

If you question things in the world and wonder then you are bound to want answers. You will find mainstream society and academia does not give you these answers freely and only life experience and introspection and comprehension of esoteric materials will give you answers.

Try looking at the bible from a differant perspective and you will see that the answers to big question were never out of our grasp in he first place and the times you ponder "

Btw, in addition to this - Jungian archetypes is my explanation for people who interact with 'god' or 'angels' etc.
It depends on your personal context for such entities to manifest 'within'.

In my opinion Jung was just another guy who saw a pretty profound set of patterns and had the intelligence and faith to describe his ideas. The theory is still somewhat clunky in its execution however and does not really account for the way we move through those archetypes and relate them to our lives and state in the space time reality in which we percieve. But it is still clearly a mechanism that works in our reality or helps hold it together.

Again we can see encoded informatioin in this type of material.....for example the origional rulers of the world ( shamanic dynasties) spent a lot of time mapping out astrological archetypes that were affixed the constolations, planets, and the whole of this reality (this is where astrology comes from, ie: born under that star sign/god/planetary consciousness you will show the characteristics assigned to it).

So again, Jungian theories are a part of the puzzle, but not the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
You say it has nothing of worth then you specify one man's/conglomerates/religions version of the Bible just like Psyche Nurse did with the Catholics.
i don't know who/what that is or care.

When we first realise religions basically have the same core belief system at heart and repeat the same stories (archetypes if you will) it is natural to just say its all a crock.
the broader christian community maybe not, the christians in power? sure, corrupt as anything - a crock. Nothing wrong with having a belief system though.

But on another level you must consider that even if the source material for books like the Bible is set up to manipulate us it must have grains of intrinsic truth that resonate with us otherwise it could not "stand the test of time"

nope thats neither logical or rational or intelligent.

and bring about life or death devotion in people.

I acknowledge that is your point of view but I do not share it.

You'd be suprised what people will devote themselves to, and it doesn't necessitate "grains of intrinsic truth".

The psychotic fan who killed Pantera's guitarist with a shotgun mid performance believed and dedicated himself to the belief that he wrote all the songs and that Dimebag Darrell stole the songs from him, he went so far as to Kill Darrel over this belief.

Didn't make it true.

I'll also point out that you yourself used the word 'manipulation'. Have you ever considered how many people in the western world were ever offered an alternative to Christianity in their youth? very few If any I would imagine, certainly not in my personal life experiences anyway.

Things like Christmas & Easter are introduced as holidays that everyone partakes in and straight away Christianity becomes their primary context for anything spiritual. I could go on but I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just defending myself.

If you controlled the world and wanted to keep people in a quagmire of misdirection would you just give people the bogus lies undiluted or would you make people believe the truth was a lie? It is just muddying of the waters.

I wouldn't want to do that. and I'm not sure how you apply the scenario of one man controlling the world as responsible for all disinformation related to...what exactly? religious "truth"? biblical truth? what is this unspecified truth you speak of and what would it have to do with running the world and what does it have to do with my initial comment?

The codes and hidden truth within the bible only becomes visable when you see a pattern play out both in your personal life and in the macro consistenlty which is the real meaning of "faith" because if it is an undeniable pattern in the universe you cannot simply ignore it. Read the Quran once and it might look like nonsensical poetry, read it in a differant frame of mind and it might look like a manual of extremeism and violence, read it one more time in a contemplatory state and you might unlock its secrets as it were and find some excellent wisdom.

there are many paths and what my point is that you don't need a freaking book written by other people who aren't you and who wrote it and use it in a multitude of personal agendas - none of which involve you being more enlightened. You wouldn't support those who would misuse said book for 'bad' things, so having their supporters 'aware' is not in their best interests.

How can the stories in the bible make literal sense? They cant, they are allegorical on multiple levels and from a more ancient source and perverted by the minds of humans.
As has been said before it is more probably more wise to take the good bits and throw away the parts that are uncomfortable and in essence realise it is just another piece of the puzzle.
For example what is the old testament and related books telling us?
That the supreme creator of all consciousness was a "jealous god" and was constanly asking for sacrifice and punishing people who did not fall into line?
It cannot be, so the god it talks about at this point is clearly not what we are lead to believe, a perfect being.
So alreay it is obvious the god most Christians and Muslims and Jewish are worshipping is not what we are taught by manstream society.
This is the powers that be muddying the water and setting up illusions.

the above quoted is your opinion nothing more. My opinion is that you are wrong. I prefer Nassim's take of the first book. God was the ark of the covenant which was a giant battery of sorts that was used as a source of power to build things.Link

Already right there millions of people think they are worshipping god or good when they are obviously giving the wrong kind of respect to a being that seeks only to control.

I personally think its completely foolish and absurd to think of the spiritual world in terms of 'a being'.

could it not be a kind of sentient energy that exists outside of what a human can typically sense and it manifests in whichever form & role is appropriate, nothing more nothing less, perhaps we could collectively stop getting it twisted with our limited imaginations of what is 'possible' maybe we could stop asking someone else to think for us and define your own realities.

That is encoded information that takes viewing from multiple angles to make sense of.

what is encoded info - that fact that in your opinion people are worshipping a false god in the very religion you're defending? ok.

Doe it not strike you as obvious?

No because you're hard to follow.

But it takes us personally and a society a long time to catch on to it unless we see that all these "archetypes" like Jesus, Buddah etc... are describing the shamanic experience of fasting and living right and not beng judgemental and not falling for emotions and the material world.
The powers that be give you the truth and tools to become enlightened, it is their way to hide things in sight and d*ck around like that. Jesus says we are the same as God and have godlike powers if we believed it and lived the shamanic way but how many Christians actually think that is the case?

are you just thinking out loud now because none of that really seems to have anything to do with my comments and you don't even seem to be directing this at me any more.

This is why it is ureasonable to throw the baby out with the bath water because these texts consistenly display hidden knowledge. It isnt really something that can be argued about other wise it would not be worth arguing about if you catch my drift.

I challenge anyone to 'catch your drift' then maybe they can explain it to me because you aren't making sense. "hidden knowledge"? take your pick, as I said before many paths to take, write your own.

If you are surprised at my response

nope, completely predictable Christian response, if you hadn't chimed in someone else would have.

and a few others it is because I am incredulous, I mean that this sort of realisation is sort of a crux of conspiracy research and wild speculation.

whatever you meant I'm not understanding it from those words you're trying to communicate comprehend-able messages with.

If you question things in the world and wonder then you are bound to want answers. You will find mainstream society and academia does not give you these answers freely and only life experience and introspection and comprehension of esoteric materials will give you answers.
try looking at the bible from a different perspective and you will see that the answers to big question were never out of our grasp in he first place and the times you ponder "

Sure, but you could always try a billion other less corrupt & misused paths.

In my opinion Jung was just another guy who saw a pretty profound set of patterns and had the intelligence and faith to describe his ideas. The theory is still somewhat clunky in its execution however and does not really account for the way we move through those archetypes and relate them to our lives and state in the space time reality in which we percieve. But it is still clearly a mechanism that works in our reality or helps hold it together.

No it really does all of what you said it doesn't.

See your sub concious is a sponge and everything you experience is recorded, the archetypes are derived from these experiences, its that simple. If you really want to experience something 'amazing' I'd suggest trying to experience the widest variety of what life has to offer, then, when you meet a spiritual 'entity' its bound to be a far more colourful and dynamic event.

Take for e.g this theory I'm coming up with right now - fractal universes - gods in a big room like a video game arcade, they're controlling the very universe we live in now and everything they work to achieve ends up in this world but nothing ever changes in their world. why did this happen? there desires and needs to create overtook the rate of change possible in their world, so they created our reality and everything in it as a sort of virtual 'them' in which they could 'get more things done'.

Seems even gods can be short on time.

Boom, you got the basis for another ridiculous religion.
And I don't see how what I just described is any less real then your beliefs.

Again we can see encoded informatioin in this type of material.....for example the origional rulers of the world ( shamanic dynasties) spent a lot of time mapping out astrological archetypes that were affixed the constolations, planets, and the whole of this reality (this is where astrology comes from, ie: born under that star sign/god/planetary consciousness you will show the characteristics assigned to it).
So again, Jungian theories are a part of the puzzle, but not the whole thing.

that makes no sense, again.

Look I would recommend you continue to have faith in whatever it is you believe in
faith and hope are powerful forces and anyone stands to benefit from the energy.

However I would recommend you think about what it is you're trying to convey before replying to someone next time because that was really annoying to read or try to understand.

The truth could be anything - we could all be part of some collective consciousness and while half of the world is sleeping - they dream the day to day waking lives of the 'awake' other half of the global populous - and if we were sharing a mutual consciousness - I wouldn't need to read the bible at all because millions of other already have, and we all drink from the same pool. Just an example of the possibilities.

-B.M
edit on 8/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

most of that information is incorrect, because the nervous system is at the root. And if the hair is cut, it does not grow back, it simply continues growing where it already was.

In order for this to be true, the nerves would have to have encoded sensors, which they do not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I felt this was obligatory

2nd

xD what movies that from?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

I see it as more of a well known historical refference.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'll also point out that you yourself used the word 'manipulation'. Have you ever considered how many people in the western world were ever offered an alternative to Christianity in their youth? very few If any I would imagine, certainly not in my personal life experiences anyway.

Things like Christmas & Easter are introduced as holidays that everyone partakes in and straight away Christianity becomes their primary context for anything spiritual. I could go on but I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just defending myself.

what is encoded info - that fact that in your opinion people are worshipping a false god in the very religion you're defending? ok.

nope, completely predictable Christian response, if you hadn't chimed in someone else would have.

These things you say are telling.

Firstly, I am not a Christian, I am not defending Christianity.

Stop projectecing your hatred of Christianity on to me.

Your words are full of anger and you are so willing to start an argument that you miss the point completely.

OP linked the story of Samson, again please pay attention, that story itself is much older than Christianity, the character is an archetype. And psyche nurse called OP a "holy roller" for it, you apparently dont care who psyche nurse is, even though you are the one who jumped on my reply with your irrelevant king james idea.

The Bible has encoded information. That is my opinion. If you dont like me telling you my opinion and you add sad snide remarks and retreat into name calling then do not ask for my opinion.

I doubt you talk to people like that face to face as again, not only is it combative and indicative of inner turmoil it simply leads to the breakdown of communication.

This is a conspiracy site, if you think people are not going to hold the belief that the Bible and other texts hold esoteric information then you are going to just be adding friction all the time. You bring no answers and nothing to ponder and it degrades the thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Its kinda interesting don really believe it myself but i personally get a very weird feeling almost like an intense tickle in my lower back on the right and left sides when im getting my hair cut. I think it might just have something to do with the sound i dont know but when the a razor is cutting the right side of my head i get the tickle in the ride side of lower back and same when its on the left.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex

Are you enjoying the show?
What's On next?

Show's awesome... Think it's the newly found holes in mars being entrance ways... Wait and see. Jesus will come out of one of them...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by SouthernSON

I'm just trying to say 'what's Up'.
That's all.

Sometimes I can get a bit personal.
It's for a reason.
You'll see.

???

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

you can find a few threads on them by searching ATS or googling (or you may already know?)
but i saw no mention of the Vril Society, who's mystics never cut they're hair, as they believed it was "antennae" for communicating with the aliens and spirites they channeled. and apparently, they're back...
causa-nostra.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Talk about fascinating. This prompts me to share a story I don't usually share. Perhaps though, it is related. For years now I (and others) have noticed a smell that eminates from my hair when I ingest certain foods or chemicals. I have it narrowed down to a couple of different dyes, tums (calcium?) and afew other foods that work as antioxidants. It is a pleasant smell that happens almost immediately (after consumption) and fades in about a minute. I can smell it fainter on my arms, but it is very strong in the hair on my head. As my hair has gotten longer it has become stronger. I think it is most likely pheremones being released. I say this because men seem to notice it the most and I have had a few come out and comment on how I smelled (out of character for them). Anyways, I know it is theorized that pheremones are related to many things, not just sex. Could there be a correlation?

I have had long hair most of my life but it is probably at it's longest right now. I have always been 'in tune' to nature and recently to the chakras/energy. I don't buy into the belief that our hair is dead and without any receptors. How do we know this? I am a very scientific blk/wht person but I also realize we know a whole lot less than we think. New things about our bodies and environment are being discovered all the time.

Have you ever seen the 'hackles' raised on a dog or cats back? This is a strong form of communication and it works quite well. Without the fine hairs in our inner ear we wouldn't know up from down.

Here is a pic of my hair:

I often have people (sometimes strangers) touch and even stroke my hair. I know it sounds weird, but I don't mind. I have gotten used to it. I'm not sure what it means (if anything), only that I have come to accept that there are simply things we do not understand. To shut ourselves out to the possibilities is a sad affair.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
this just makes you wonder about the military and ufo's. people are ridiculing that long hair may aid in extra sensory perception yet the military took it very seriously.

even if they didn't understand it fully, they didn't just dismiss it, but took it as a fact of life.

getting back to point, the way the military operated and studied the native tracking abilities until the got to the bottom of the problem makes me believe that they must have an extensive ufo research division that is looking into ufo's in a no nonsense and serious matter.

it looks like they follow clues to a problem to wherever it may lead them until it's solved no matter how strange or improbable it may be to the outside world. you have to respect that.

its the complete opposite way that cnn and cnbc often look into ufo reports, by portraying the witness as a crackpot and then ending the segment in a dismissive joke and a chuckle. what's even more sad is that they are supposedly in charge of informing the country of current and important events.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Quit being so uptight! lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge

Quit being so uptight! lol

Q#$#$%^#%&$^*&$%^@$ ... #@$%@$#%@%@%@ just kidding... He he..
Antagonistic my wife says...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
When I'm in deep thought.. I stroke my beard.

Hmmmm....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
please, someone tell me the secret to growing out good long hair. i've been trying for years and always end up cutting it at about 1 1/2 years.

Thanks in advanced.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join