It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Thinks 157 Million Muslims, Worldwide Are Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I think what you will find he actually said was that 10 % of muslims are supporters of terrorism.

Given that jahad is an obligation upon all muslims - ie the conquering and subdueing of all infidel lands for islam.

and that jihad comes in two varieties fast and slow. I would say that figure is probably as good as any for the 'fast' jihad. The other 90% subscribe to the 'slow' jihad or 'boil the stupid infidel frog slowly' approach and don't particularly want to see the infidels woken up and alerted to the danger by gratuitous attacks - however pleasing they may be to witness!

Yes, and all Muslims take that literally. Just like all Christians believe men has only been on earth for 6000 years, or that some dude survived in a whale...or that there was a global flood we have no scientific evidence for. All Christians also believe it's ok to beat your slave to death if he lives for another day, because that's not a sin according to the bible. Also, snakes talk!!

Are you seriously claiming all Muslims interpret the Koran literally? Laughable!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Jihad means struggle. That is all.

Ah - I see 'struggle' ,self improvement, wrestling with ones inner demons, purifying ones soul in order to enter paradise!

Do you know what the one and only method of attaining paradise in islam is!? - even for the most piious of people, let alone the criminal.

It is to die whilst fighting infidels to further the cause of Islam - the shahidd enters paradise as soon as the first drop of blood falls upon the ground.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yeah, just like all Christians stick to not having premarital sex, not cheating on their partner, not committing any crimes, not missing church on Sundays, not using condoms (unless you're a homosexual prostitute)....right?

Love how you apply an obvious double standard when it comes to people's religion. You clearly haven't been to the Middle East and get your "news" from hacks like Beck.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am merely stating what the Koran and hadith have to say about it (and what Muslims are therfore obliged to accept without question) - and for your information I first read the Koran some 30 yrs ago and have been to the M.E several times

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I am merely stating what the Koran and hadith have to say about it (and what Muslims are therfore obliged to accept without question) - and for your information I first read the Koran some 30 yrs ago and have been to the M.E several times

Then you should know that the large majority doesn't take the Koran literally...just like the majority of Christians don't take it literally either. It makes sense, because times change.

In the old times, infidels were killed...but Christians burned witches and went on the crusades. And just like we today realize that a talking snake wasn't responsible for us ending up on earth, most Muslims also realize killing infidels isn't the way.

I spent months in the Middle East, including backwater cities around Makkah. I am talk, blond, and an atheist...not once was I assaulted. If Beck's laughable 150mil number were correct, I'd be dead. He's nothing but a fool...and so is everyone believing the 10% number is anywhere near accurate

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Muslims have no problem with Dhimmis - subservient jews or Christians, so yes as long as you don't wear a cross and keep yourself covered you will have no problems.

Agreed there are plenty of backsliding Muslims who don't give a rat's ass about religion - but they are not in power and they cannot appeal to any notion 'human rights' to defy Islamic authorities.

The whole point of Islam is that you are 'owned' by it mind body and soul from the moment you are born, critisise it leave it insult it and you are dead!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Muslims have no problem with Dhimmis - subservient jews or Christians, so yes as long as you don't wear a cross and keep yourself covered you will have no problems.

Agreed there are plenty of backsliding Muslims who don't give a rat's ass about religion - but they are not in power and they cannot appeal to any notion 'human rights' to defy Islamic authorities.

The whole point of Islam is that you are 'owned' by it mind body and soul from the moment you are born, critisise it leave it insult it and you are dead!

I'm pretty sure the students and middle class in Iran who protested not too long ago would strongly disagree

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

It is nice to see how you conveniently sidestepped the issue of FOX News being almost completely owned by Saudi interests. It's frightening how you can sit there and honestly try to rehabilitate an awful egoist of a man who ruined so many lives with his witch hunts or claim that a rodeo clown with a blackboard and a puppet show is somehow a voice of truth in the wilderness, all the while ignoring the fact that the "Fair and Balanced" 24 hour news network on which he works is in some pretty shady hands and caters to an extremely narrow ideology.

The conspiratorial minded may actually be warranted in thinking FOX News is in fact a propaganda arm for a cabal of Neoconservatives who are working covertly with contacts in the Muslim world to manufacture the War on Terror. I am not saying that FOX News is secretly in league with terrorists, I am just asking questions, but if there is one organization that tries to continually foment hostility towards Muslims and keep our nation on a perpetual war footing it is Fox News...and it's owned by a Saudi...hmmm?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
How many Americans now agree....those Muslim boys were right about WallStreet/Federal Reserve?

I'd like to ask Glenn Beck that question in public to get his response.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumedserpent
reply to post by SevenThunders

It is nice to see how you conveniently sidestepped the issue of FOX News being almost completely owned by Saudi interests. It's frightening how you can sit there and honestly try to rehabilitate an awful egoist of a man who ruined so many lives with his witch hunts or claim that a rodeo clown with a blackboard and a puppet show is somehow a voice of truth in the wilderness, all the while ignoring the fact that the "Fair and Balanced" 24 hour news network on which he works is in some pretty shady hands and caters to an extremely narrow ideology.

The conspiratorial minded may actually be warranted in thinking FOX News is in fact a propaganda arm for a cabal of Neoconservatives who are working covertly with contacts in the Muslim world to manufacture the War on Terror. I am not saying that FOX News is secretly in league with terrorists, I am just asking questions, but if there is one organization that tries to continually foment hostility towards Muslims and keep our nation on a perpetual war footing it is Fox News...and it's owned by a Saudi...hmmm?

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the nephew of Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, is one of the world’s richest men.

Through his Kingdom Holding Co., Alwaleed owns about 7 percent of News Corp., or about $3 billion of the media thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

Hmmm - seems you have been watching too much MSNBC - obviously not fair and balanced enough!
News Corp is a publicly traded company - anyone can buy and sell it, doesn't mean there is some sort of conspiracy between individual investors - though I can fully understand why Saudi terror financers would want to try and US media..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

He owns the second largest share after Murdoch. Anyway, I don't think you're in any position calling someone biased if you yourself accept that ridiculous 10% of Muslims are terrorist figure

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

He owns the second largest share after Murdoch. Anyway, I don't think you're in any position calling someone biased if you yourself accept that ridiculous 10% of Muslims are terrorist figure

He owns a paltry 7% - not the "issue of FOX News being almost completely owned by Saudi interests." as stated.

Um....so yes I am in a position to call him a lying twat!

And as I have also stated I don't believe Beck would have said that - what he probably said was 'terrorist supporters - which is a rather conservative estimate'- seeing as a recent poll puts support for AQ as substantial!

While views of Hamas and Hezbollah are mixed, al Qaeda -- as well as its leader, Osama bin Laden -- receives overwhelmingly negative ratings in nearly all countries where the question was asked. More than nine-in-ten (94%) Muslims in Lebanon express negative opinions of al Qaeda, as do majorities of Muslims in Turkey (74%), Egypt (72%), Jordan (62%) and Indonesia (56%). Only in Nigeria do Muslims express positive views of al Qaeda; 49% have a favorable view and just 34% have an unfavorable view of bin Laden's organization. (Findings regarding opinions of al Qaeda and bin Laden were previously released in "Obama More Popular Abroad Than at Home, Global Image of U.S. Continues to Benefit," June 17, 2010.)

pewresearch.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I easily agree with glen on this one
if i belonged to a cult or whatever and they were killing and terrorising i would quit if i disagreed
if one stays in such a cult they are Giulty as whoever suicides themselves in order to kill anyone close by or saws off heads

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

And as I have also stated I don't believe Beck would have said that - what he probably said was 'terrorist supporters - which is a rather conservative estimate'- seeing as a recent poll puts support for AQ as substantial!

Actually, he clearly said TERRORIST

Watch the clip:

Calling 150mil people terrorists is beyond laughable. But then again, Beck's not news, he's a comedian...a comedian on a "news" channel

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
I easily agree with glen on this one
if i belonged to a cult or whatever and they were killing and terrorising i would quit if i disagreed
if one stays in such a cult they are Giulty as whoever suicides themselves in order to kill anyone close by or saws off heads

You do realize that not all Muslims commit those crimes, right? And are you seriously saying because a few (aka a TINY MINORITY) commit acts of terrorism, the rest should abandon their beliefs?

Ok, according to that logic, you can stop being Christian right now. Remember that Christian fellow who killed that abortion doctor? That was a horrible crime. It's beyond me how you could follow a "cult" where a minority of people condone such actions.

See what I did there??

I highlighted the horrible actions of few, and then projected those negative feelings on the group as a whole. Something Beck does ALL THE TIME!! It's a very silly way to argue your point, but I guess some dumb people fall for it...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I do realize not all muslims commit these crimes and am saying a huge majority are terrorists and more than that abuse women and treat them worse than animals not to mention the Long list of other barbaric actions.
I am saying that anyone staying in this cult with their barbaric rules on purpose are as guilty as a suicide bomber and the ones that stone their children to death for some kind of weird honour belief!

I knew the abortion performer murder argument would come up because it’s all y'all have and I say these baby murderer killers are not Christian; it is against Christian teachings
- Thou shall not kill -
. Btw I did not say I was Christian And I disagreed without name calling and I still believe Beck is right this time.
edit on 8-12-2010 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

You have no clue what you're talking about. Stop getting your info from OPINION shows like Beck and start looking at facts! Even the link above clearly shows that support (as in: believe the actions of Al Qaeda are good) for Al Qaeda in Muslim countries is low. Of those who believe they're not horrible, only a tiny minority are actual terrorists. The rests are just misguided and don't act on their misguided beliefs...kinda like fundies who believe gays should die. You can't call them terrorist just for that!

In almost 10 years of war in Afghanistan and Iraq, allied forces killed between 20k and 25k TERRORISTS. If your figure were true, we'd have killed only 0.01% of all terrorists. Even a first grader can see why this is ridiculous.

On average, no more than 800 people die per year from terrorist acts (2001 was an exception...and the yearly total was around 3.5k for that year). Around 700 to 6000 get wounded per year by terrorists.

Now, if the terrorists really had 150 MILLION (!!!) soldiers as Beck claims, do you really believe that number would be so low? Seriously, we spent almost 10 years killing 0.01% of them, spending billions in the process, and you believe that to be true? Dude, IF this were true, we might just as well give up right now, we can't spend 10,000 what we already spent to beat them!

Source

Beck states there are 150mil terrorists, which is CLEARLY wrong. Only a brainwashed zombie would still insist his statements are true...

To make this even clearer:

What Beck is basically saying, is that there are so many Muslim terrorists, they are more people than the ENTIRE population of Germany (82mil), and France combined (63mil). Remember world war 2? The effect that had? And those were just the men between 18 and 45 fighting! NOT the entire population.

Now compare world war 2 to the "war on terror" and how many lives that costs.

Are you still gonna come here and claim Beck is right? SERIOUSLY?? Beck is so delusional, I really can't believe rational people would fall for his crap. I mean, now people will repeat this falsehoods and let that influence their voting. Their voting is based on wrong information shoved down their throat by a greedy hack who only cares about his own agenda while pretending to be a "true patriot". Laughable!!
edit on 8-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
With in all groups, there is always a fraction of a group, from 2 to 10 percent of any demographic, that is going to be an extremist in their point of view and action. This comprises from those who are active in their actions, and those who would support those that are active. Glenn Beck does not make idle statements, and usually without someone making a few fact checks. After doing a bit of research and taking a look at the different sources, the numbers of followers of Islam is in the billions, with the extremist factions going to be about 10% of that. These numbers are spread out all around the world, thus it is not that there is 150 million in one spot, rather it is all total around the world. It is an estimate, with a margin for error, and should give pause to think about those numbers. With all of those who are Muslim, and the number of extremist in nature moving and taking action, they do have to be coming from somewhere, and being motivated. They have to be getting resources from somewhere, as well, that would allow them to continue to take a hostile action. So the 10% is a good number. To call them terrorist, is also an accurate statement, as the actions of these few, this percentage, has managed to scare and terrorize the world, and countries at large, even the US. Nor do the more moderate Muslims are willing to take a stand against the extremist in their own communities, so that further complicates the matter. So it can be stated, that he is correct in the assessment. All of these numbers come courtesy of the different intelligence agencies around the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have a relevant question,
whats the difference between a "fanatical" muslim performing despicable acts in the
name of his god and the"moderate" muslim rejoicing in those same acts and praising the same god for willing it?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

So what is that estimate based on? You claim intelligence sources state that figure...feel free to post a source

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join