It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I've had it with madness" Challenge!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Nice opening.
I'll be following your debate and hoping you argue your case well.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm not all that good. Sure, I'm a decent debater,..

Would you go out on a limb and state you're a Master Debater?

edit on 9-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokahz
I take one on the last one....

So what if the Nazis would have taken over the world, in a way of war and we would have an infinite Germany, as you could call it. I don't know, but I think, it wouldn't be that scenario of hell, we are walking towards right now. Or perhaps the Nazis took us all from behind. But in both cases we have been taken from behind through media bombardment with filtered news n stuff.. because if you put one picture to the whole world picture, you would get another view of the world. But the really crazy stuff is, that someone has taken our ability to really see a picture with our head, because they called it Phantasy and told us all it would be some kind of crazy stuff, but if you think of it, it is more the ability to think about complex problems AND FINDING A SOLUTION. If you imagined a story with someone who kind of have things happening to him and then there's a happy end, you found a way to solve the problems!! Focusing on Problems is the opposite.. The not so cool thing about it is, if you imagine how we could get a kind of atlantean living, with everyone living in peaceful harmony and is educated and everyone having his own intentions given by god, and doing the right thing, you would need to have a world gouvernment. So if there is another side, except ourselves, they would try to steal our phantasy or you could call it hope I think and consider it nearly the same thing, you would steal our ability to solve problems. So this is where we are today, we nearly lost the ability to solve our own problems, so how could we think about the world? These problems are also created by someone, to get your attention away from the real problems, and if one or to persons found out the real story, no one would believe it, and tell those guys they're mentally ill. Sad thing is, they would believe it or just consider this. So they would get back to themselves and try to find a solution for their own problems, which are not really there. I think the only mental illness is believing that there is such a thing except from damages to the Body itself... and even then I question the possibility as I believe in some thing of a soul, you're allowed to contact, and you would get fear if you're not contacting it for the right intentions and loosing the connection, or feel kind of positive if you would be allowed to ask something or just "talk" and this connection stabalizes by actually doing the right thing tended on the given information.Your conscience tells you if you did the right choice or if you would have to go back again to learn the same lesson again.
Damn now you see what happens if you let me finish talking..lol

um.....you aren't going to shoot a Congressman are you?

eeks

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

After reading your posts, I've no doubt you are the one most deserving of the title "Master".
- At least when it comes to baiting.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

After reading your posts, I've no doubt you are the one most deserving of the title "Master".
- At least when it comes to baiting.

LOL, it was a joke!!! Say Master + Debater a few times out loud.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

No kidding ... You're thirteen, are you?
At least, allowing for that level of maturity, it was obvious what you were trying, unsuccessfully, to get at.
Now try calling yourself a master baiter a few times out loud.

- That's if you can still read this page .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Love a good debate and lets debate.

subject matter would have to be something related to the youth of today and technology. PRO-SIDE they advance on matters of tech, which advances our culture. CON-SIDE there attitudes aren't ready to handle the technology of today and why.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

At least, allowing for that level of maturity, it was obvious what you were trying, unsuccessfully, to get at.

How cute. Actually it was a question posed to the campaign manager for John Kerry during the 2004 elections by Comedy Central.

Is it a crime to have a sense of humor in this forum??

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

How cute. Actually it was a question posed to the campaign manager for John Kerry during the 2004 elections by Comedy Central.

Is it a crime to have a sense of humor in this forum??

Ahh, repeating something crude said on Comedy Central passes for humour where you come from, does it?
Now I understand.

Now to get back to topic, are you going to start trying to debunk anything Madness says?
Or are you, despite your avatar, an admirer of atheistic, scientific rationality?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Now to get back to topic, are you going to start trying to debunk anything Madness says?

I didn't come here to debunk anything, I was just teasing my friend Madness. Is that okay?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I am willing to engage in debate/discussion without relying on statements based on my faith. Some would call me a creationist; I eschew that label, as my life choices are not based solely on a belief in creationism.

You and I have traded comments before, but I lost track of those due to other obligations and a sick computer. However, my circuits are now back online.

I do have some specific questions regarding the process of evolution. Would you care to address them here, or shall we start a new thread?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
First round of rebuttals are over, check by the debate forum to read them.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Here's the link to the Madness/Skyfloating debate on Theism & Creationism vs. Atheism & Evolution, just to make sure you can find it to post your final summation.

It's a difficult subject to have a hard-hitting debate on, isn't it, when it's basically one side saying, "I need evidence before I accept this idea," and the other side saying, "there is no evidence that can be given".

I'm hoping both sides present harder-hitting summations.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It's a difficult subject to have a hard-hitting debate on, isn't it, when it's basically one side saying, "I need evidence before I accept this idea," and the other side saying, "there is no evidence that can be given".
lmao

can't wait to see how madness responds to the "but things are so pretty, the evolution is illogical because humans make watches, GO GOD!!!" portion of the...sigh...argument

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

The nature of two stick's. I hold two sticks in my hand and both provide nothing but arguement's. Let me see what fire can prevail from rubbing these two sticks together. Hmmm it has seemed i have burned myself from these two sticks. SO, i know need a third inclusion to this scenario to bandaid the damage of the first two.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOWITSNOW

The nature of two stick's. I hold two sticks in my hand and both provide nothing but arguement's. Let me see what fire can prevail from rubbing these two sticks together. Hmmm it has seemed i have burned myself from these two sticks. SO, i know need a third inclusion to this scenario to bandaid the damage of the first two.

Too right mate! And I know just the en-titty to which you are referring. Know that p'ticklar en-titty well, being an ozzie'n all. Same en-titty all me ocka mates turn to in times of great pain and desperation. The timeless invisible en-tiitty without whom no celebration, or even life, would be complete.

Sadly, despite the importance of this en-titty to all of us, it's never given so much as a mention in our government schools. I'm sure you'd agree we should be lobbying governments to have it taught in and schools and practised in workplaces everywhere. All our lives would be improved if we dedicated part of each day to its adoration.

Yes, without humour, just where would we be?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021

lmao

can't wait to see how madness responds to the "but things are so pretty, the evolution is illogical because humans make watches, GO GOD!!!" portion of the...sigh...argument

There's always the, "tell people they descended from monkeys and they'll degenerate into fat, lazy baboons" argument. And the notion that people who believe in god are nicer and more law abiding, so we must keep pushing religion onto the masses for the sake of polite society. My dear (secretly) atheist mother was all for supporting religion, because, in her words, "it teaches those hoi-polloi some decent moral standards." She understood the need for such standards, being a violent, child-abusing murderer herself.

Of course that doesn't disprove the existence of a Divine Creator. But perhaps we, being slow to understand, have been misled about our Creator's divine purpose. Perhaps He's an artist, wanting to create something truly gorgeous. And perhaps the purpose of mankind is to burn the forests, run our factories, drive our cars and set off the occasional nuke, all to cause the emission of more particulate matter into the atmosphere. With luck, by the time we finally bring about our own extinction, we will have created enough pollution to give Him the sunsets of his dreams.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Far from where we currently are at this time that's for sure. SMH, SMH.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Bump because the debate continues (we both agreed to a long term debate due to our busy schedules) and is moving towards closing statements.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Really ! Like it would shut you up ? I don't see that happening.

Besides I would miss you Madess.

edit on 9-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Oh so it's come down to reviving old threads now Madness ? What you do ? Bate your way of an occupation ?
edit on 9-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join