It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The "I've had it with madness" Challenge!

page: 12
4
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Yes, it can be. I shouldn't have to give you simple English lessons, but can tends to represent possibility. In this instance it is most definitely used as the possibility. Nobody is claiming we have all of the equations to explain everything, just that those equations are possible.




posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


No, you're making the claims that your holy book of choice defines love and that its definition (God = love) is correct. Now, love may very well be definable mathematically. Unfortunately, I don't know how it would go about. Mathematics is something I have a knack for, but I never really developed my mathematical skills.

It could possibly be defined mathematically, but nobody is claiming that they've done so.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Yes, it can be. I shouldn't have to give you simple English lessons, but can tends to represent possibility. In this instance it is most definitely used as the possibility. Nobody is claiming we have all of the equations to explain everything, just that those equations are possible.


thank you for rescinding your claim that "everything" can be explained using math... I appreciate it and respect your decision. You also do not have to give me a lesson in english language and I am not requesting that of you, I just took it quite "literally" and one-sided what you and the surfer-physicist have stated, kind of just like alot of people do when interpreting the Bible... I have heard it stated by several people that "everything can be explained using math" and that some atheistic physicist are even searching for "the theory of everything"

would you think some other people may need a lesson in the english language... would you say that these said physicist instead need to state that they are looking for some type of "unifying theory" in their particular field of study ?

just to clear up alot of the confusion and misconceptions going out to the general public mind you


we are only human after all...


edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


No, you're making the claims that your holy book of choice defines love and that its definition (God = love) is correct. Now, love may very well be definable mathematically. Unfortunately, I don't know how it would go about. Mathematics is something I have a knack for, but I never really developed my mathematical skills.

It could possibly be defined mathematically, but nobody is claiming that they've done so.


I am claiming that God=Love "to me" nothing more...

if you would like to know the psychology of how I have come to this reasoning and by reading a certain book (which I really have not read all the way through) you might just have to read the book for yourself ?

you can always wait
or you can actively search like our surfer-scientist friend... I have no doubt he will find what he seeks, we all do... eventually.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


I actually have read that certain book...multiple times. From cover to cover.

And please, provide your reasoning...of course, if you were reasoning then using 'a certain book' wouldn't be valid because that would merely be an argument from authority rather than reason.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


This was on a television show, you can't expect them to use precise language. It's there to entertain and hopefully spread interest in science, not to act as an actual scientific source. You find more actual science on Mythbusters than any of these shows on theoretical physics.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


This was on a television show, you can't expect them to use precise language. It's there to entertain and hopefully spread interest in science, not to act as an actual scientific source. You find more actual science on Mythbusters than any of these shows on theoretical physics.

actually I took and am still taking words and meanings literally,


Theory of everything (TOE) is a putative theory of theoretical physics that fully explains and links together all known physical phenomena, and predicts the outcome of any experiment that could be carried out in principle
en.wikipedia.org...

I will even give you the infallible wikilink... but think about this for a split second of your time, feelings and especially Love happen to be observable physical phenomena, and also in the known universe... why else would science be trying to understand feelings and even emotions using math and such ? reading further you see that the term "Theory of Everything" was introduced in 1986...

you get more science from Mythbusters do ya ? very interesting...


edit on 2/3/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
And please, provide your reasoning...of course, if you were reasoning then using 'a certain book' wouldn't be valid because that would merely be an argument from authority rather than reason.

actually I might to you some day, or maybe I have already tried... you are not open-minded enough or receptive to any others thoughts or feelings but your own unfortunately, there are others around I have explained my personal opinions to on this subject of what I feel or take away from the bible, I have even done a little of this via u2u with others.

maybe you are just not asking the right questions ?

I would love to try to hold a conversation with you sometime about the words Sagan speaks in Cosmos... there is even a take on it in the link in my sig... I would love to point out to you and have you understand from a different point of view sometime that even his opening words are flawed, especially in the clip I have in my sig.


(if you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe)
Carl Sagan


we make apple pies everyday my friend... did we invent the universe ? sounds a little funny to me after actually listening to him many times... I have read Cosmos and watched the series religiously repeatedly.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
God is now hatred.
Sorry cosmic, but i'm sure of it.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


God and politics don't mix very well, we have learned that from history... therefore we keep them separate.

spirituality is the underlying factor of human psychology...

why do you feel God is hatred might I ask ?



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


God and politics don't mix very well, we have learned that from history... therefore we keep them separate.

spirituality is the underlying factor of human psychology...

why do you feel God is hatred might I ask ?


I doubt Madness things god is hatred...given that he clearly doesn't believe it/he/she even exists


He's saying the Christian version seems evil as is written in the bible...



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So far I am in the evolution combined with genetic engineering to explain religion and other cultural anomalies, as there is supposed to be evidence for gene splicing in human DNA (apparantley there is a section that looks like it has been taped together), not to mention unexplainably fast adaptations in intelligence, the fact that we are in disharmony with the ecosystem, and the fact that cro-magnon man's cranial capacity was larger than ours.
edit on 4-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


I could have sworn that your signature was that "the matrix is you" - and then I read it again and it said "the matrix has you".



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   





posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My first post in the challenge debate is up. It can be found right here.




top topics



 
4
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join