It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange to turn himself in for questioning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: www.cnn.com...

WikiLeaks founder making arrangements to meet with British police regarding a Swedish arrest warrant, his attorney says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm glad he is taking initiative to speak with authorities under these crazy claims. [Im not claiming that having sex without consent is a "crazy claim".. It's just to issue a world wide interpol warning for such, costing millions of dollars, is]

Anyways...
I hope this can be put behind him and try to convict him of something more...umm.."worth wild".

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Can we have a link to this story please, the link you provided is for the main site and although I've searched I cannot find this article.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I hope he makes the goverment/politicians look like theve sucked on a sour lemon with his statement to the police

Heres some links for you mr posty man:
abcnews.go.com...
www.npr.org...
edit on 6/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added linkies

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

He is not turning himself in, he's not a criminal. If you look at the WL twitter page it says the warrant did arrive today for Sweden, so actually he is co-operating.

You may not like the guy, but at least be accurate..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well... good luck to him man
And if you want to see something interesting about the rape charges then....
Go here and scroll down to 3rd post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll laugh ur arse off!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nothing from the link in the OP but I did find this...

The U.K. lawyer for the enigmatic founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, says his client is preparing to meet with police, the BBC has reported. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is in the process of arranging to meet with the police, according to his U.K. lawyer.

Mark Stephens told BBC television that he and his client "are in the process of making arrangements to meet with the police by consent in order to facilitate the taking of that question-and-answer that's needed."

A European arrest warrant for the Australian-born fugitive behind the controversial whistleblowing website reached Scotland Yard on Monday.

CBC News article

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

He is not turning himself in, he's not a criminal. If you look at the WL twitter page it says the warrant did arrive today for Sweden, so actually he is co-operating.

You may not like the guy, but at least be accurate..

In other words hes turning himself in.....and co-operating by doing so, At least if your going to critisize a post try and be accurate.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

BREAKING NEWS: cnn.com...

WikiLeaks founder making arrangements to meet with British police regarding a Swedish arrest warrant, his attorney says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Probably a smart move - he needs to show his supporters amoungst the public that are doubting wikileaks that he is cooperative and not a rapist. I just hope he has the cards up his sleave and is not bluffing, not that I have any reason to doubt him and actually think he has a much bigger following of whitehat hackers than the world realises - the fame of wikileaks would have seen alot of hackers who claim to hack for the greater good offering their services. I think he knows he can hand himself over because if he is arrested cyber ww3 will break out and his international army does their job out of passion.
Also I have to point out wikileaks has played a huge role in encouraging the MSM to start putting this information out most MSM shared the same editorial judgement as Wikileaks having seen the material: they judged it in the public interest and chose to run it. At this point, these sites are running the same cables as Wikileaks. THey will also likely continue publishing even if wikileaks is shut down because they see the demand for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good news.

We need to get these sex offenders off the streets.

In all seriousness.
I have a bad feeling about this

edit on 6-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My only advice to him is that uk police use electronic mind control, so he also has to be careful what he thinks.

Enough said.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Once he meets with them, he will never see the light of day again. They will rig a jury, pay off a judge, and threaten statesmen until he fades away in some medieval dungeon.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Problem with allegations of any sex crime... it seems to stick in peoples minds and is very hard to fight. Hopefully in this case because its so public it may be different, but how many times do we ever see falsely accused people get press time once they are cleared? Maybe a small blurb somewhere on page 42 of the paper... if your lucky

Maybe if you a major conspiracy figure, best to keep them pants zipped while over seas, despite Sweden's open reputation

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How could there be anyone questioning assange... the better question is who profites of this argument, that fills the news... there must be something they don't want us to know, so they're attracting our attention to somewhere else....maybe the gulf of mexico hing.. I don't know... but to consider assange doing this to serve himself, or tomake himself look like a hero for the world isn't really realistic. I mean, if he did so, he would be really an idiot because his intention would go towards himself, but then it would be smarter to join or to manipulate these people or to sell the information. With money you can look like hero without beeing searched by interpol, and even an idiot could think of this. assange is going through all this trouble. So I think he either serves us OR works for TPTB to simply attract us in the old-fashioned sheep style.
Kind of what I thought of today and I call "The Picture Theory" is that if you publish certain news they would produce a certain picture in your head, so if you would get one more information, the whole picture would change. Look at the world and you picture of it, now just put some aliens visiting us to it. Our whole picture of ourselves would change. So.. as I don't watch much TV and stuff.. better said as I don't watch TV ot listen to radios n stuff I don't really know what is in the news. But perhaps someone can tell me what would be on the news without that wikileaks #. Whenever I ask someone about assange they say there isn't much to be seen about him. When the first release happened, rather nobody knew him. And last time, only my father mentioned him, but he is a soldier and some time ago he worked for a part of the BND and as a diplomat in usbekistan so he would have to know, or there would be a good possibility of him beeing informed. ^^ So I don't know about questioning assange... it's better to question other things these days

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I tend to doubt that Mr. Assange will 'disappear' when he meets with the police. First, the legal charges are dubious, and probably can not be made to stick. Second, He has such a high public profile now that his disappearance would be very awkward, raising too many questions from the press and public. Third, the so-called 'insurance', wherein a large number of especially scandalous secrets would be released all at once should Mr. Assange be harmed or even arrested. The powers that be would only be making a bad situation (for them) worse, if they acted against Assange. Ross

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Every day we here is about to be arrested...
lets see wat happens..

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
so if he's arrested and booked,
will we get that p/w now for the
insurance file ???

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He will have his lawyer present who will watch everything like a hawk. As far as I am aware there are no charges against him still.

second
edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Julian Assange was arrested at 9am this morning.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading a post from a Swedish member - here or on another board? - that the charges are only loosely translated as "rape". They should be translated as "sexual misconduct" (as both women, according to prosecutors, had consented to having sex but later complained that he didn't use a condom and refused to take a blood test) and the penalty is a fine rather than prison.

I don't know how authoritative this source is, but it seems to set out the same things I've heard elsewhere.

Link to blog about charges

edit on 7-12-2010 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join