It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government can’t print money properly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

As a metaphor for our troubled economic and financial era -- and the government's stumbling response -- this one's hard to beat. You can't stimulate the economy via the money supply, after all, if you can't print the money correctly. Because of a problem with the presses, the federal government has shut down production of its flashy new $100 bills, and has quarantined more than 1 billion of them -- more than 10 percent of all existing U.S. cash -- in a vault in Fort Worth, Texas, reports CNBC.

I guess this is what happens when you are in a hurry doing the wrong thing. Can we say Karma???
I know, maybe no one will notice, its all funny money anyway....

Full Story
edit on 6-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Gov't can't do anything properly.

At least, not for long

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
kind of makes you wonder how many got away and are all ready floating around doesn't it?

Actually every day I deal with money and I swear I used to be able to tell the funny money. Now they have so many different things I just can't tell anymore. I have it in my hand and have a sense it isnt right, but just go ahead and pass it along anyway. Makes you wonder who the real counterfeiters are these days.
edit on 6-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm guessing there's something I don't understand, but how can the US money supply only consist of $930 billion when I thought a lot more than that was printed up in recent history?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How the heck did they print one billion of them before they noticed the defects?? Great quality control there.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is the line that really kills me...

The flawed bills, which cost around $120 million to print, will have to be burned.

Really??? I even hate that saying but I just cant help it... Really????

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
But they sure can print tons of it, can't they. It's not worth the paper it's printed on.

new topics

top topics

join