It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Netanyahu gives special thanks to Palestine and Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.allvoices.com...

Israel Inferno: Netanyahu thanks Palestine and Turkey help taming Israeli inferno

Israel inferno, which has killed at least 41 people and devastated more than 10,000 acres of land, was finally tamed and in control which started in the Carmel region, near the northern Israel city of Haifa.

Israel's firefighting force of around 1,500 officers, is woefully inadequate to deal with the inferno, prompting Prime Minister Benjamin NetanyahuBenjamin Netanyahu to appeal urgently for international help. In a matter of hours international help are pouring in from France, Germany, Cyprus, Britain, the United States, Canada, Romania, Spain, Holland, Norway, Switzerland, Jordan and Egypt all answered the call to help tame the Israel inferno.

But before that, unexpected help came first from strong critic neighbor Palestine. "The three units of the Palestinian civil defence were sent to assist in extinguishing the fires in the Carmel," said a statement from the office of Palestinian president Mahmud AbbasAbbas. Netanyahu personally calling Abbas to thank him, the statement said.

"President Mahmud Abbas on Saturday received a telephone call from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressing his gratitude for the help of Palestinian firefighters in putting out the fires raging since the day before yesterday in the Carmel mountains," it said, according to AFP.

Another help came surprisingly from Turkey, an erstwhile ally turned critic. Netanyahu spoke by telephone on Friday with Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip ErdoganRecep Tayyip Erdogan, to thank their help. It was their first such conversation since Netanyahu became prime minister. Israel and Turkey were now working to find a way to resolve the diplomatic crisis that has festered with Ankara since May’s bitter “Mavi Marmara” Gaza flotilla episode.

Praise goes to Palestine and Turkey for commendably placed the humanitarian interest above political frictions and sent help before Israel had even directly asked them.

edit on 6-12-2010 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Perhaps in the aftermath of a tragedy, sanity might prevail against all odds. I believe there are many reasons to feel enlightened and optimistic regarding the prospects for peace in the region.

Israeli prison guards risked their lives to save Palestinian inmates. Palestinian and Turkish firefighters risked their lives to battle the the worst wildfire in Israel's history.

I feel we can all learn from the events that have transpired over the past week. Yes, there will always be extremists within both sides of the equation that will harden hearts and promote false propaganda.

However, it is at times like this, that I feel encouraged that morality, and the strength of the human spirit may ultimately lead all people of this earth to the promised land...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

beautiful -humanity

its love not evol lol

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
He thanked Palestinians..

Not Hamas or Hezzbollah.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes, with no way of me being there and witnessing all these things, I should just take their word for what has happened, is what you say... in a sense, just take YOUR word for it.

Yes, with no source we all just have to take your word for it...

And we should take your word, because...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Forgive a jaundiced eye, but it looks more that the propaganda benefits to helping out with the fire,even though isreal is technically at odds with these two,were not lost on these leaders.
I am sure that they jumped at the chance.
YES IT WAS TIMELY HELP, AND THE ISREALIS WERE IN A BIND, BUT THE HELPERS WILL REAP AN IMMENSE BENEFIT IN WORLD OP[INION AND ESTEEM.
Seeww, though it was nice, it was definately a smooth move for a lot of cheap positive publicity.
yeah yeah i know i know...im getting bitter....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Sorry about that. Source now included...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah the might of said thank you to the Palestinians and the turks, but all its takes is for Israel to do something stupid again and this will be forgotten about very quickly. Whether they helped put a fire out or not, there is still problems and Israel are still building settlements against the will of the USA and other countries.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Perhaps, but I prefer to believe that these unprecedented acts of kindness and goodwill will resonate in future peace talks...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Star and flag for hope...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Forgive a jaundiced eye, but it looks more that the propaganda benefits to helping out with the fire,even though isreal is technically at odds with these two,were not lost on these leaders.
I am sure that they jumped at the chance.
YES IT WAS TIMELY HELP, AND THE ISREALIS WERE IN A BIND, BUT THE HELPERS WILL REAP AN IMMENSE BENEFIT IN WORLD OP[INION AND ESTEEM.
Seeww, though it was nice, it was definately a smooth move for a lot of cheap positive publicity.
yeah yeah i know i know...im getting bitter....

One can argue that world opinion was already skewed in their favor. I honestly believe that their intentions were genuine and inspiring given the current political climate in the region...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's all PR to improve their image. Tomorrow he will demolish their homes as a more personal token of his utter disdain for them.

second
edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Perhaps, but I prefer to believe that these unprecedented acts of kindness and goodwill will resonate in future peace talks...

Psychotics are immune to such feelings and influences, sadly.
second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Little stones cause big ripples.
I was a little touched by this, for years it’s been hate, hate, hate.

It is nice to hear foes helpings foes and a return of gratitude, we should be thankful for these small gestures.

I am not naive enough to think it will affect the big picture, but when humanity is displayed, we should be thankful.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

second

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. I think the article clearly indicates otherwise.

BTW, I like your signature. Words of wisdom from one of my all time favorites...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

second

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. I think the article clearly indicates otherwise.

BTW, I like your signature. Words of wisdom from one of my all time favorites...

Yes, I don't mean to be unreasonably negative, but I honestly believe the Israeli politicians don't have compassion in their make-up. The 'psychotic' part came from something I'm researching - so the it came to mind, because that's what I actually believe - that many of those who are abusing this world suffer from a psychosis which means they actually don't feel compassion or altruism. It's thought in progress, so don't take me to task on this yet!

I also think it is unreasonably naive to believe this would have any effect on the peace process. The Palestinians are still under blockade, without access to proper medical care, losing their homes and being killed. If it did, it would, of course, be great, but Netanyahu has a long way to go before I will believe he is even capable of having a change of heart.

I believe in the power of love, but, perhaps sadly, not naivety.

Glad you like the words!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

second

Yes, I don't mean to be unreasonably negative, but I honestly believe the Israeli politicians don't have compassion in their make-up. The 'psychotic' part came from something I'm researching - so the it came to mind, because that's what I actually believe - that many of those who are abusing this world suffer from a psychosis which means they actually don't feel compassion or altruism. It's thought in progress, so don't take me to task on this yet!

I also think it is unreasonably naive to believe this would have any effect on the peace process. The Palestinians are still under blockade, without access to proper medical care, losing their homes and being killed. If it did, it would, of course, be great, but Netanyahu has a long way to go before I will believe he is even capable of having a change of heart.

I believe in the power of love, but, perhaps sadly, not naivety.

Glad you like the words!

It's far too early to judge the long term implications this development might have on the peace process, but I am for more optimistic now than I was last month. Time will tell...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's far too early to judge the long term implications this development might have on the peace process, but I am for more optimistic now than I was last month. Time will tell...

I honestly don't think so ...but as you say, time will tell.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A teenager admitted to starting the fire

news.xinhuanet.com...

It is tragic that 41 people died, but if this could heal some scars between Israel and Palestine it may be a blessing in disguise.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Good to see that there is still some hope left in this world

Second

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join