It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To me Walmart represents the physical embodiment of the unfair trade imbalance we have with China. I wouldn't shop there if you put a gun to my head. But to be honest, if I ever saw someone doing something suspicious, I'm calling the police, the real police, not some DHS gestapo goons. The only reason for running campaigns like these at Walmart is to keep the fears stoked, so we continue to accept whatever erosion of rights we once had without complaint.

Just one more reason not to shop at Walmart - that bastion of the truly classless.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

If there is still stuff being manufactored in
the states,I will buy it,but,where?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
These signs have been all over Calgary Metro/Buses/Downtown-Core for years...

Not for just for "terrorists" but for all the drug dealings, drunken punk kids, drunken rowdy natives, suspicious boxes left on side streets.. you know.

I was prepared to announce how disgusting this whole thing has become, but was even more shocked to hear this going on in Canada. I am Canadian but haven't seen this here in Ontario, yet.

This just sucks beyond belief. What justification is there for putting these in Walmart or any other grocery store or chain store used daily by ordinary citizens other than to produce paranoia? Has someone decided that airplanes and skyscrapers are "yesterday's" hot targets and now its shopping centres??

I think governments want to appear to be doing something; unfortunately they are doing stupid, useless things and morally wrong things when they try to inundate the popultion with illogical fears of their own neighbours. That is destuction of quality of life at its core.

I will take a picture of one of the ads on the metro on the way home this evening.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Walmart use to be a great place to shop... Use to be that is..... The workers were friendly, the service was good, the produce always fresh... Now it's just a monster the 800lb gorilla in the room....

Who doesn't shop at walmart now? EVERYONE has went there to buy, atleast once or twice.... It is almost impossible for poor families NOT to buy there....

Wait until one gets blown up through a false flag operation and TSA is at the doors to pat us down and put us through scanners... NWO shall we say?

The rich still go to walmart but they call it "sams club" you pay for an elite membership to shop for your small restaurant or small gas station...

The government will say "well it's to big to fail".... While they control everything that comes out of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am in no way supportive of WalMart.
However, I feel obligated to make this situation more evident.

I am from a rather small community. The mom and pop stores we used to have around were crushed by competition from a nearby WalMart. Now it is almost the only place at which to shop without travelling at least 45 minutes. The people in this community can not afford to travel that far to avoid WalMart, and also can not afford the higher prices for American products. Since most local businesses have been shut down, WalMart also employs a large population of the community.

This is one of the largest problems with fighting WalMart. They have made it nearly impossible for many Americans to do so without risking their livelihoods and making many sacrifices. Avoiding WalMart would greatly reduce the standard of living for people in this area.
I understand that IS possible to avoid shopping at WalMart, but it is often extremely difficult.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
You know people shout out loud about England having so many spy cameras all over the place but at least they were honest to their people/citizens about it, here in the States they are putting the spyware in but keeping it on the hush. This is a far worse scenario than what happened in England because at least they knew and were given the respect of knowing this just feels like a slime ball takeover without the respect owed to us who created this once great nation.

You would have to be asleep for the last 20 years to not know every grocery store in America has cameras covering every angle to help prevent shoplifting. It's no secret just look up when entering any store and those plastic tinted globes are all over the store...

Still they catch thieves regularly who were either unaware or to stupid to think about it. They are private businesses and entitled to put up security cameras if they please it has nothing to do with police state tactics.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Depends on what you are shopping for. Farmer's Markets for food. Local furniture makers, tailors for clothes, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by leakat
I am in no way supportive of WalMart.
However, I feel obligated to make this situation more evident.

I am from a rather small community. The mom and pop stores we used to have around were crushed by competition from a nearby WalMart. Now it is almost the only place at which to shop without travelling at least 45 minutes. The people in this community can not afford to travel that far to avoid WalMart, and also can not afford the higher prices for American products. Since most local businesses have been shut down, WalMart also employs a large population of the community.

This is one of the largest problems with fighting WalMart. They have made it nearly impossible for many Americans to do so without risking their livelihoods and making many sacrifices. Avoiding WalMart would greatly reduce the standard of living for people in this area.
I understand that IS possible to avoid shopping at WalMart, but it is often extremely difficult.

You bring up some good points. Don't feel bad about having to shop at Walmart. Not shopping there will not fix the problem it is a symptom of the real problem not the real problem. Americans are entitled to buy goods and services at the best prices they can find. The real problem is monetary policy, foreign policy, trade policy, tax and tariff policy, and regulation.

Wal-mart started off as priding itself in American made products and became very prosperous but when trade, tax, and tariff policies forced companies to go off shore to continue to be able to compete Wal-mart had to do the same as everyone else to stay in business.

Until we get the Banksters lackeys the politicans out of managing trade and stifling true free markets there is nothing we can do that will change this. Buying the few American made products where you can is good when you can manage it but will not fix the real problem. The monetary policy is the root of the problem and TPTB are trying to shift the economic power to the Asian countries were there are not the traditions of freedom we have in America and the people are more easily subjugated to serfdom with little or no resistance. This is part of thier quest complete for global domination and American traditions of freedom are a huge road black to that so they have been systematically whittling away at it since our inception.

I shop at Wal-mart, harbor freight, Costco, and where ever I can get the best deal on what I am looking for, I go local when i can afford it and really need higher quality. I was looking for an American made floor jack a few years back and decided to go to sears to get one. Surely Sears would still have American made floor jacks? No go can't find them no one makes them in America anymore.

Calling people unpatriotic for getting the best deal they can is a joke. I bought a Costco Winch several years ago and used the crap out of it to build a log home to lift and skid logs etc.. Much more then any off roader would use a winch and never had a problem in over 3 years. My friend was also building a similar home and he ridiculed me for buying the cheap Chinese winch and he bought a Warren of the same specs for 3 times the price and his winch has been in the shop 3 times since he got it. If I ever have a problem with mine I can take it back and they will replace it free . I couldn't afford the high dollar winch but needed to get the job done, I did what I had to.

So don't feel bad Buy American when you can but don't feel bad when you can't!
edit on 6-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Taking into consideration that Wal-mart is actually targeting the low income working and none working class in the nation I guess we can pretty much see which way this is going, keep the poor from unifying and fighting out for equality in this nation while making sure they are vigilant on their own peers.

I can only laugh my hart out at this one.

edit on 6-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sieg Heil!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I like buying certain things from wal-mart in order to save
money.I also shop at the dollar store and goodwill.Mama
is a bargain shopper.Especially for the SHTF type stuff.
Wal-mart sells the big size cans of peanut butter and other
items as well.
edit on 6-12-2010 by mamabeth because: too rude

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I shop once in a while,but I can live without wal-mart just fine, it is a fact that wal-mart targets the poor working class and unemployed on benefits and welfare in most states with high low income medium.

So is definitely and agenda here.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
America slips further into the abyss that is fascism.

Wal-Mart seems about appropriate since there are plenty of people that hate terrorists and love America that shop there.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes I know that but they have increased security and that is for certain.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Fascism from the rightwing neocons grasp for control once again.

Surely you aren't serious?

You do realize that this woman is a left-wing democrat who is part of the most radically left-wing Presidential cabinet in American history don't you?

Rightwing necons?

Time to give it a rest for now buddy. The "right-wing neo-cons" aren't making these decisions anymore. The left-wing liberals are.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country

You're kidding me right?

Hey Janet, I see something and I'm saying something here...

WAL-MART is threatening our national security by being the largest Chinese/Foreign [Non-US] consumer product supplier. Costing the US manufacturing and product production jobs by almost exclusively selling the cheapest foreign made products they can find to maximize corporate profits.

Janet, Honey, WAL-MART has a predatory record of moving into small and medium sized towns then drive out many of the longtime local business establishments which paid a fare wage by cutthroat pricing. Then once the competition is removed they turn around and Pay the employees they do have peanuts [asking many of their long term full time employees to get state medical instead of offering them coverage.]

Janet stop looking for an external boogieman.

edit on 7-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

They're not trying to make people fear their neighbors, they're trying to BUILD community by encouraging people to protect and watch over one another - by reporting crime and making sure that victims of crime get heard.

People bullying old people on the bus, ....

You've obviously got the wrong end of the stick here. I don't think Homeland Security gives a damn about the kinds of things you've listed. I am a strong believer in watching out for what goes on in my neighborhood, and neighbours looking out for each other. That is a good thing.

This initiative is not from the local neighbourhood watch group, its by Homeland Security -- totally different motivations. They are after terrorists, not unruly kids. The implication is obviously that terrorists are in our midst everywhere, which is total BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by leakat

I hear what you are saying. It is sort of a double bind; however I am going to disagree with you a bit.

I have learned, rather late in life, that getting the cheapest price doesn't always pay in the long run. For one thing, if you have to keep replacing it because the cheap thing breaks down all the time, you would have been better off with the slightly more expensive, but better made thing.

If the cheap food is full of preservatives and chemicals you don't understand, that are going to make you sick, you will be better off in the long run paying more for something organic and pure. That is what I have been doing for a while now, and am increasing all the time the amount of organics I buy. My health is worth it. My medical bills are minimal.

So are you worth it. So are our children. Do with less if you have to, that wouldn't hure most of us either, but continuing to support the likes of Walmart is only digging the hole you are in deeper.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think perhaps upstanding citizens should begin reporting the DHS to the FBI for terrorist activities. Every time you see such a video, whose purpose is to cause fear, report it. Several million reports of such will probably spur some action.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
If the DHS is looking to Wal Mart to help boost national security then that should clearly show everyone just how truly F'd we are.

Walmart is about as un-American as Janet Napolitano. Pees in a pod.

I don't think Walmart even sells firearms and ammunition anymore. Maybe in the last couple of States they may sell ammunition/firearms.....anyone who tries to buy more than 1 box of bullets or more than 1 firearm....will find themselves getting handcuffed after Walmart calls the police.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join