It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART:

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:39:49 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

Link
edit on 12/6/2010 by semperfortis because: To fix link and spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Mien Fuhrer,

Opps sorry history repeat.

Tattle tale alert. Do not do any thing wrong on your next trip to Walmart as the door greeter may taze you and hold you for pick up. So as to get you to a safer place with the f......e.....m......a protection center.

As we blindly go along with every loss of freedom one day many will wake up to notice that the door to the corral has been closed.

(visit the link for the full news article)drudgereport.com...
edit on 6-12-2010 by ACTS 2:38 because: link

Link
edit on 12/6/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
These signs have been all over Calgary Metro/Buses/Downtown-Core for years...

Not for just for "terrorists" but for all the drug dealings, drunken punk kids, drunken rowdy natives, suspicious boxes left on side streets.. you know.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
and then people wonder why law abiding folks, like myself, participate in the "don't snitch" meme.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
F* Walmart and F* The SS... I mean DHS.

We shouldn't be shopping at Walmart anyway. I am with Celente on this one. Spend a few extra dollars and buy local and buy American.

If you are a fan of The Constitution then both Walmart and DHS are organization that represent the antithesis of The Constitution on many different civil and financial issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Simple solution: Let your local Wal-Mart manager aware that you will not shop in their store until this policy is reversed.

In short: STOP BUYING THE LOW QUALITY CHINESE CRAP THEY ARE SELLING!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If the DHS is looking to Wal Mart to help boost national security then that should clearly show everyone just how truly F'd we are.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Not for just for "terrorists" but for all the drug dealings, drunken punk kids, drunken rowdy natives, suspicious boxes left on side streets.. you know.

I was prepared to announce how disgusting this whole thing has become, but was even more shocked to hear this going on in Canada. I am Canadian but haven't seen this here in Ontario, yet.

This just sucks beyond belief. What justification is there for putting these in Walmart or any other grocery store or chain store used daily by ordinary citizens other than to produce paranoia? Has someone decided that airplanes and skyscrapers are "yesterday's" hot targets and now its shopping centres??

I think governments want to appear to be doing something; unfortunately they are doing stupid, useless things and morally wrong things when they try to inundate the popultion with illogical fears of their own neighbours. That is destuction of quality of life at its core.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The last time I visited wall mart one of my girlfriends sisters kids took a photo of himself flipping the bird on every single one of the digital cameras on display and set them all onto "preview" mode.

It made me laugh for about a week

I guess that kind of high jinks could get him in some serious trouble now

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
If the DHS is looking to Wal Mart to help boost national security then that should clearly show everyone just how truly F'd we are.

For me that became evident when the schools started asking the students to turn their parents in for smoking pot.

This is just the beginning as we watch Fascism from the rightwing neocons grasp for control once again.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That is totally hilarious!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"if you see something, say something"

OK, fine. Does this count?

people of walmart

I think is says something, all right.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oops did not see this thread and posted in the second so with that said here is my response to the idiotic takeover/merger...

Several times now our local supermarket has rushed up to the check out to remind me that my children need to pay for the donuts they took from the bakery... we are blown away by this and even joke to the teller and supervisor who is the patsy for the donut politizia in our local market, this only happened after they put in the new security system, and is very embarrassing for 'them' because my kids have already paid for the doughnuts, lol.;

It is really really weird, but I always get the feeling I am being watched at the stores which have the new spy technology.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know people shout out loud about England having so many spy cameras all over the place but at least they were honest to their people/citizens about it, here in the States they are putting the spyware in but keeping it on the hush. This is a far worse scenario than what happened in England because at least they knew and were given the respect of knowing this just feels like a slime ball takeover without the respect owed to us who created this once great nation.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Isnt this contradictory lol. MY local walmart once, about 4 or years ago, i was thier one thursday night. Yeah i had facial scruff,a used up leather biker coat, so obviously i stood out. but i am NOT a thief* I was looking at auto oil(as i always do) and this stocky big buy kept walking past me, glimpsing at me. I work in retial management so i know what he was doing..watching me. I wanted to walk upt o him, as a joke, and say 'you got the wrong guy' lol. because after the 5th trip past me before leaving me alone, sure enough,a corss the floor, i saw this well groomed fat guy, well dresed, put about 5 airwick air freshener refills in his coat pocket; (
I felt if i said anything, IDE be the one in trouble. so i didint. the employees their are really cool and all though. Thiers another bigger walmart nearby, once like 6 years ago* i was checking out thier auto section...2 lation males were huddled in the acessory part, opening a package of chrmoe wheel lug nuts and pocketing them* His freind was sheilding him, making it look like they were talking.
Our society does discriminate against eachother sad to say, based on how we look* not who we are. thats kinda like what the nazis did, and the S promoted! no one likes a snitch* suppose..yuo say something, and for whatever selfish reason, YOUR the one locked up now too. how do you think thats going to go in prison? ive never been to prison and dont want too lol, but to my knowledge, word spreads fast* and matter of time before they find out what you were legaly or illegaly arrested for a snitch* its another world in prison* they may not care yuo told on someone stealing and got caught up in injustice part of the system....their looking to tach you a lesson* now yuor in thier world so something to think about.
How about telling Nepolatino, hey we know bernenke and the big banks are taking ou money* we SEE this on the news in how bad the economy is going...i am seeing and telling lol how do i tell

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is unbelievable, there is a reason I have never stepped foot in a WalMart and never will, it would have to be something really major before I would snitch on anything, the only time in my life that I have ever called the 911 is when there was a life threatening event like a serious accident, what is interesting about that is these days when people should contact the authorities they don't want to get involved.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
there already is a website where if you see something you say something, it's called the people of walmart. I wonder if homeland security looks at this during their spare time.

www.peopleofwalmart.com...
edit on 6-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I shop at Walmart no more than twice a year at most, but I will no longer shop there at all.
It's time to send a message to fascist corporations that aid the State in enslaving us.
If everyone boycotted Walmart, The market would fill the void, and local stores would come back. Jobs would come back. Screw the international mega corporations.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Smack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I was prepared to announce how disgusting this whole thing has become, but was even more shocked to hear this going on in Canada. I am Canadian but haven't seen this here in Ontario, yet.

This just sucks beyond belief. What justification is there for putting these in Walmart or any other grocery store or chain store used daily by ordinary citizens other than to produce paranoia? Has someone decided that airplanes and skyscrapers are "yesterday's" hot targets and now its shopping centres??

I think governments want to appear to be doing something; unfortunately they are doing stupid, useless things and morally wrong things when they try to inundate the popultion with illogical fears of their own neighbours. That is destuction of quality of life at its core.

Hold on a tick, what's wrong with those signs?

All they say is "If you see some one breaking the law, tell someone". Isn't that just a common sense reminder? How is that sinister? They're not trying to make people fear their neighbors, they're trying to BUILD community by encouraging people to protect and watch over one another - by reporting crime and making sure that victims of crime get heard.

People bullying old people on the bus, some kid getting physically touched and pushed around by other kids, or hit by an adult guardian. Some kid smoking pot on the back seat of the bus, and freaking out the passengers - this is the sort of crap they want you to report, and no kidding. People see this kinda stuff going on and don't try to do anything about it, because there are lots of people around and they feel it's not their responsibility. The signs are there to remind them that it IS there responsibility to speak out when they see the law being broken flagrantly.

But you're shocked and appalled that the government wants people to look out for one another. Are you deranged? What's wrong with you?

The more I read ATS the more I hate the kinds of people that come here. All ready to get indignant and disgusted and hopping mad over nothing. Promoting their own senseless fears and hateful attitudes in the guise of exposing the truth.

Thanks a lot wayno, I just lost a little more faith in humanity.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

I wonder if they will still sell guns and ammo
in their stores?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join