It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange leads TIME 2010 Person of the Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Julian Assange leads TIME 2010 Person of the Year

www.time.com

WikiLeaks.org, Julian Assange gave himself the freedom to publish virtually anything he wants, whether it's the true nature of Iraqi prisoner abuse, the double role Pakistan plays in Afghanistan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The voting system now in place for the Person of the Year now has Assange in first place. It seems public opinion is changing...
With this much support it is hard to keep calling him a criminal. Maybe the powers that be will change there tacts and sing a different tune...
However i am sure to some extent that this is due to the recent cyberwave by anon...
Theres powers in numbers..
Go and have you say and cast a vote...

kx

kx

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Haha! This explains, why Alan Taylor aka pgboard stopped twittering, that Lady Gaga is leading and ask all the kids, to vote for her.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The voting system now in place for the Person of the Year now has Assange in first place. It seems public opinion is changing...
With this much support it is hard to keep calling him a criminal.

Hitler was Time Person of the Year if that doesn't invoke Godwin's law. The point being the title only relates to how prominent they were in that year not necessarily how much support they have. I don't see this as being all that significant myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How long has voting been going on? Glenn must be upset

Rank - 5
Name - Glenn Beck
Avg. Rating - 32
Total Votes - 72003

edit on 6-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

A couple of weeks before he started leaking (I'm leaving that) Lady Gaga was second and he was coming a tragic third. I was seriously worried about the mentality of those voters and was starting to finally understand how Bush got in..

His being on the cover will have a massive impact on American culture and I'm sure he realized it hence the timing. No amount of cyber attacks, internet censorship or paypal/bank freezes could undo that sort of exposure. Would they ban newstands from selling it? Imagine the consequences if they even tried? The guy really does think several moves ahead.

edit on 6-12-2010 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by purplemer

With this much support it is hard to keep calling him a criminal.

Hitler was Time Person of the Year if that doesn't invoke Godwin's law. The point being the title only relates to how prominent they were in that year not necessarily how much support they have. I don't see this as being all that significant myself.

Hitler was nominated by one person, he didnt have hundreds of thousands of votes with the highest rating

There's quite a few notable trends in the voting. The Fact that Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart outrank Obama and Palin is quite something to see too

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

But we still don’t know why people are voting for him. Some might be voting because they agree with his stance, others just because they think he has been influential, others because they’re trolling etc. We can’t assume that having a high placing means everyone agrees with his motives.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Time has been gamed by 4chan before so I'm not exactly overflowing with confidence that this poll is unmolested by such groups. Besides its a mere popularity contest, they might as well use Google Trends and the trending topic list on Twitter to determine the list, oh wait Twitter doesn't like wikileaks and Google is feeling the pressure as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

The poll has been molested... But this makes good media impact .. In journalism this is the game..

Rightly or wrongly the same tools can be used both ways..

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Does it matter why people are voting for him..
This will get him postive coverage and that is what is needed atm..

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

Hitler was very popular and used the media to his advantage. When he was on Time he was he considered a criminal..

kx

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Everybody is twittering, that his name is gone from the list, short after his arrest.

Looking at the list, it looks totally different. What's that?

Time 100 Competition

Obviously kind of false alarm on Twitter. But that page above really is irritating. Here is the real thing:

Actual poll
edit on 7-12-2010 by Siddharta because: correct the false alarm

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How in the name of sweet jesus does LADY GAGA get on this list,
More to the point what the hell has she done to even be on the list.

How can anyone take TIME seriously anymore.

edit on 7-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Everybody is twittering, that his name is gone from the list, short after his arrest.

Looking at the list, it looks totally different. What's that?

Time 100 Competition

Obviously kind of false alarm on Twitter. But that page above really is irritating. Here is the real thing:

Actual poll
edit on 7-12-2010 by Siddharta because: correct the false alarm

I think the first one is right as it says voting is now closed. It must be a more recent version:

Though official voting for inclusion on the TIME 100 list has now closed, with Mir-Hossein Mousavi having won the honor, users can continue to vote for their favorites until the list is revealed on Thursday, April 29th
www.time.com...

edit on 7-12-2010 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I made a thread for this already...

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The link on the front page goes to the right place.

www.time.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Time Magazine is nothing for Julian to be proud of.

We were stealing Saddam Hussein's oil with our new Cross Drilling technology. From Kuwait we were drilling under Iraq and stealing their oil. Stealing is bad to muslims. So he called them dogs and invaded them for stealing his oil. Which in the muslim world is perfectly legit, they don't treat thieves very well and punish them harshly.

We hung that guy and he didn't do anything wrong. Sure he killed a couple Kurd's. We've killed more Kurds than he dreamed of and gave Turkey the green light to annihilate the Kurds in northern Iraq.

Being affiliated with Time Magazine may mean he's about to die. He likely realizes it.

Nobody can avoid Satan's Army.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We hung that guy and he didn't do anything wrong. Sure he killed a couple Kurd's.

I had a refugee Iranian friend growing up who's father had disapeared back in Iran. One day the doorbell rang, the mother answered and on the door step was the father in a garbage bag chopped up into little pieces. They then fled to Australia to escape Saddam's regeim.

I guess for you right and wrong depends on the race.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What a surprise, one bunch of spooks pimping another spook.

new topics

top topics

join