It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA-Style Pat Downs Hit The Streets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
We are all equal... even in vice

I could not agree more.

I too appreciate the debate you and I are having...civil and thought provoking.

Thank you, as do I.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

There has not been a bomb on an airplane since Lockerbie, and some would claim even that to be a false flag operation. 4,000 people have been killed due to terrorism, most of which were not in the air, but we have spent approximately 1 trillion dollars fighting terrorism. Peanuts, deer and swimming pools have killed more people. Breast cancer will have killed 40,000 people this year but only 872 million public dollars were spent on research.

What has that 1 trillion accomplished? Seems to me all that money has just made us less free.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Blazer

There has not been a bomb on an airplane since Lockerbie, and some would claim even that to be a false flag operation. 4,000 people have been killed due to terrorism, most of which were not in the air, but we have spent approximately 1 trillion dollars fighting terrorism. Peanuts, deer and swimming pools have killed more people. Breast cancer will have killed 40,000 people this year but only 872 million public dollars were spent on research.

What has that 1 trillion accomplished? Seems to me all that money has just made us less free.

Best post in this thread thus far, and possibly the best I've read on this forum in quite a while.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And this comes to mind...

Excerpt from The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn "Universal innocence also gave rise to the universal failure to act. Maybe they won't take you? Maybe it will all blow over? A. I. Ladyzhensky was the chief teacher in a school in remote Kologriv. In 1937 a peasant approached him in an open market and passed him a message from a third person: "Aleksandr Ivanich, get out of town, you are on the list!" But he stayed: After all, the whole school rests on my shoulders, and their own children are pupils here. How can they arrest me? (Several days later he was arrested.) Not everyone was so fortunate as to understand at the age of fourteen, as did Vanya Levitsky: "Every honest man is sure to go to prison. Right now my papa is serving time, and when I grow up they'll put me in too." (They put him in when he was twenty-three years old.) The majority sit quietly and dare to hope. Since you aren't guilty, then how can they arrest you? It's a mistake! They are already dragging you along by the collar, and you still keep on exclaiming to yourself: "It's a mistake! They'll set things straight and let me out!" Others are being arrested en masse, and that's a bothersome fact, but in those other cases there is always some dark area: "Maybe he was guilty . . . ?" But as for you, you are obviously innocent! You still believe that the Organs are humanly logical institutions: they will set things straight and let you out." "Why, then, should you run away? And how can you resist right then? After all, you'll only make your situation worse; you'll make it more difficult for them to sort out the mistake. And it isn't just that you don't put up any resistance; you even walk down the stairs on tiptoe, as you are ordered to do, so your neighbors won't hear." [And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? After all, you knew ahead of time that those bluecaps were out at night for no good purpose. And you could be sure ahead of time that you'd be cracking the skull of a cutthroat. Or what about the Black Maria sitting out there on the street with one lonely chauffeur—what if it had been driven off or its tires spiked? The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!" "If ... if ... We didn't love freedom enough. And even more—we had no awareness of the real situation. We spent ourselves in one unrestrained outburst in 1917, and then we hurried to submit. We submitted with pleasure!"

Here come the "Brown shirts"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

Nice find. Our schools should be filled with such literature and the fact they are not says a lot.

The brown shirts are already here...have been for a while.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I appreciate that...and your thread... S&F.

These are the threads I most visit in hopes of reading similar thoughts as my own.

With the money that goes for war and terrorism we could have eliminated poverty by now through stellar and free education, alternative energy, and healthy agriculture. The U.S could have been a positive model for the rest of the world....but we all submitted to the fear mongering. It's our own fault.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by beholdblight

Nice find. Our schools should be filled with such literature and the fact they are not says a lot.

The brown shirts are already here...have been for a while.

Our schools will soon be filled with messages similar to the ones at some walmart registers today.
Advising you to snitch on your fellow students, teachers and yes even parents.
It really makes me sad and disgusted to see what my country has turned into, all in the name of
"National Security"
Is that word WAY over used or what?

I appreciate that...and your thread... S&F.

No problem and ty for the SnF and your input
edit on 6-12-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I'd like to commend you on your completely reliable source.
Because Alex Jones and friends are never wrong.

Nor do they purposely make stories up to scare you into their viewership which makes them more money.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

And id like to commend you on your completely irrelevant reply.

In all honesty, just a few short months ago, i wouldnt have bat an eye at a story like that on his site.
However, with the TSA uproar, Xray vans hitting the streets and now DHS asking WalMart shoppers
to snitch on their fellow shoppers and or employees, theres no denying that somethings going on.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Whether you find Alex reliable or not it's the truth, and it is not only happening in Philadelphia but in every other major city and their airports and shopping centers Your taking aim at the messenger....pay attention to the message.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The next thing you know there will be air drones flying over our houses with these scanners. I'll be telling my grand children how privileged I was to grow up as a free range slave before they had behavior reinforcement collars or what ever comes out next.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Youdidn'tseeme, you haven't a clue as to the value and purpose of the Constitution.

Illegal search. It is spelled out perfectly clearly in the Constitution no matter how hard you wish to defend this illegal use of police forces.

Safety, perceived or actual, is simply not worth our freedoms, and has become a too easy a rallying point for those who cannot guarantee the one even as they try to take away the other.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
philly needs an enema anyway, they pull that # around here, they have accidents in their sleep. there is nowhere for them to hide, we all know where they live

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I live in Philly, and can tell you it IS happening. Ironic how low the birth of our nation has fallen.

I can take it a step further and show you a picture I took of a Homeland Security Mobile Scanner Unit.

It's nearly impossible to see, but the van all the way to the front closely resembles a Z Backscatter Van, only way more intimidating. I took this in mid-October on I-95, and it turned on an exit that let out in a very poor neighborhood.

Notice the cameras, and you can't see but there are cameras on BOTH sides. There's also one in the driver side rearview mirror. I wish I had a picture, but the guy driving the van was wearing a half-mask to protect his face.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by songofthebirdy

Yea, its real and its going nationwide but hey, we're just paranoid right? Just a bunch of conspiracy theorists that read the fake propaganda found on sites like prisonplanet.
I dont know whats harder to believe? the fact that our own United States Govt is doing this to us or that people are actually believing that they are doing it for our own good?
truly laughable

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yeah, we're the crazy ones. I almost can't wait for everyone else in America to reach their tipping point. When that happens, we'll have the NRA, Conspiracy Theorists and Survivalists go midevil on their sorry asses.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No no no no no what the cops need to do is WORK actually fight crime instead of shaking people down in the hopes of finding something illegal. Do police work, follow leads, talk to the community. But they dont because there scared of the real criminals, so instead they go rough up some young people find a few baggies or a roach to look good for chief and meet there quota.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by matrixportal
This is blatant disregard for the constitution not only by the police officers, but by the Americans allowing this invasion of privacy and personal rights. Why are we letting people in a uniform feel us up???

Read the post above yours, you will see that it is in fact a constitutionally allowed practiced, and determined by the Supreme Court in 1968.

I could not care less what the Supreme Court says. Since when did the SC actually make a ruling based on the Constitution?

Property Forfeiture
Eminent Domain
US vs Raich (I think that's what is was called) Where the SC upheld the illegal activities of the DEA against LEGAL MMJ users in CA by applying the Interstate Commerce clause.

The SC is a joke.

Stopping a US citizen and searching them without cause is unconstitutional. Period.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

You guessed it right about the Predator drones www.cleveland.com... coming soon to a city near you. They already fly over Houston and other parts of the Southwest.

Crime statistics rise during hard economic times and with whats about to come we'll be seeing them on a regular basis all over the country. Just another way to pump money into the military complex....they take away our liberties then hand us the bill.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

We have predators based at the NAS base in here Corpus Christi to "fight the drug war" but Im guessing they serve other purposes as well.

I am situated on the 7th floor right on the bay and have a great view of the bases flight path but have yet to see one flying over.
Usually all i see are the prop powered trainers, blackhawk or seakings maybe and a few orions.

I did see an Apache once, flying really low. I tried to shoot it down but it evaded my Javeline... Damn, theres my gaming life and real life trying to merge again

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join