It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu And You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Deja Vu is nothing more than a cross-roads between your current situation and other POSSIBLE situations, based upon your current personal time-line and those that have already occurred, exactly the same to an extent, in a separate time-line with very similar circumstances.

We all spend our day going about our regular business. But our regular business has an infinite number of ways that it can turn-out. It depends upon our decisions, our actions, our emotions, etc., etc., etc..

Each decision/move we make creates a new time-line, because it alters our forward history.

But there are short instances when two or more 'alternates' may interact with the exact instance that is currently being experienced, creating a 'Deja Vu' moment.

Think of it this way: Multiple time-lines have converged at a moment when all applicable time-lines 'merge'/'cross' and create a Deja Vu moment.

You can't predict the outcome, you can't change the outcome. All you can really do is recognize the fact that it has occurred and that you have just encountered a 'cross-roads' in your own personal time-line.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree, nobody can really stop the future from happening. So, when reality starts to fold in on itself, just relax, and enjoy the ride. That's what I think I'm gonna have to start doing in the near future. I been having some real vivid dreams that aren't coming from my head, don't know what to make of them yet, but I'm not going to stress about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, I've never thought about it that way.
I've always thought it was just something you saw before, like in a dream.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What's really going to blow your mind is that this thread already happened....

Just kidding.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have, like most people, experienced those deja vu moments ...but had not experienced any for many years. But, two years ago, I was a passenger in a car when a truly unusual experience occurred. As we were driving down a winding 2 lane road, coming up to an intersection with a traffic light, something happened that I cannot explain.
As we came up to the intersection suddenly in front of me my vision was filled with what resembled old fashioned filmstrip clips. Each "clip" if you will, seemed to slot in in front of each other, like a deck of cards, and suddenly we were back at the top of the hill. I was astounded and even asked the driver and passenger in the front seat, didn't we already get down to the intersection? Didn't we already do this? Of course they answered no and joked about my question. But honestly, I know we had already reached the intersection, and yet here we were coming up to it once again ! To this day it remains vivid in my mind and memory. What it means, I do not know. Did I see time resetting itself? Did I move from one time track to another? I do not know. I have never had this happen, and have not had another experience similar to that one since. Any thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this, I noticed that my consciousness has a kind of mirror effect. That is, usually, when I hear someone speak, as soon as they speak, a part of my mind predicts what they are going to say, and then gives a reason as to why they are saying it, and what their feelings are (If I was them, what would I feel). This happens a brief moment after they start talking, and then as they talk, my mind has a kind of framework for what they are saying, and I noticed, that with some people, this "predictive zone" or imagination, is experienced in both myself and the person talking, and for a brief moment we share each others mind, conversation and emotions run fluently, and we "connect". I believe that the same thing occurs with perception, I notice that when I look at people, my reaction to them is instantaneous, and internal, so an angry person if they want to attack, and I feel fear inside, and they if properly connected, react. If they are angry because of frustration, I feel sympathy and I sense that they understand. This all happens instantaneously, however, I think that this connection is being severed in most people, like they only have one half of their brain operating. They only see and feel emotions objectivley, and only understand words after they are spoken, as their minds lag, and have to 'understand" what is said only after it has been spoken. I honestly think that the imagination, and the ability to collectivley predict the future based on current observations form together to create freewill and random causality, as our predictions of the future can never entirely be accurate. The inaccuracy itself is what creates reality. Sort of like walking two steps behind for every step forward, the sort of "time frame" that we all have in our minds, gives us the opportunity to temporarily escape into our imagination as our mind decodes information about the present that it predicts to form events in the future, and relays these events to our imagination, where we use our power of creative thought to influence the course of our travells. I think that the older ones soul is, the longer time cycle they have, and thus at a certain length, they are totally able to absorb themselves, sort of like the snake eating its own tail.
edit on 9-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

That was very well put! Awareness of the mechanisms of the mind is facinating. What you said about people only using half of their minds is very true., in my opinion. As I see it, the logical computer aspect of the mind has made some basic assumptions about what reality is, and this "matter" based assumption closes the mind into a limited reality. The effect of this is that the other half of the mind, the awareness and intuition, is unable to fulfill its natural function and balance the mind. This is because the logical mind does not allow for the existance of the non physical aspect, and so half the mind thinks it is the whole mind. Thus any communication that happens between the two sides of the mind happen unconsciously. A person may only become aware of the results of this communication when they have an "epiphany." It is pretty amazing, I wonder what you think about this idea.

xox

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I experience it regularly (i.e. at least once a week) and I always know when I dreamed the snap-shot. Sometimes it was just the night before, sometimes it was 3 or 5 or 10 ten years before. The "photos" have all sensory input and can range from one quick snap, a frozen frame, to maybe a series about 15-20 secs long.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Snap shots? Mines are like 10 seconds long, like a really short video.
Like 2 days ago, it happend to me.

Deja vu for a whole 10 seconds scene in my life.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

If you have deja vu and link the familiarity to a memory of something you dreamed of in the past, it then becomes deja reve.

Here is a thread where I go in great detail about this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by laura8peaceexperiment

As I was growing up, as a child, I was very imaginative, when I looked at people and things, they took on a different light, the aspect of my imagination shaped the more subtle perceptions, so, for example, looking up at a tree, I would feel like I was flying through the branches, and all the leaves took a life of thier own, a kind of a sense of "depth" to things. However, as I got older, a part of my mind took over, it sort of was my "ego" and basically after a while my mind became narrowed, like I was just searching for the next desire, the next "thing" and I slowly lost contact with the sense of wonderment, or sense of being "in my own mind" - the minds of other children started to take place in my mind, what they thought of me, what they say etc. In my teens, I came to realise that the evil of the "ego" had been increacing in intensity, I remember feeling peoples emotions, seeing emotions in peoples eyes, being connected, with a sense of natural empathy amongst people, when I realised how things used to feel like, I had a kind of "jolt" and a part of my mind re-opened. I came to realise how incredibly hypnotised, and controlled by the ego, and how shallow people had become. I went on a quest to try and reconnect with my old self, and eventually I managed to regain my imagination, that sort of "empty space" that filters the objective information, and makes it more organic, more dynamic. The next step was where my logical mind, combined with a part of me that was suffering inside, went on a kind of mission to find what was missing. I became incredibly analytical, picking apart all my actions and thoughts, until the thoughs became so intense that it was like I "punched through" into my soul, a small jewel of light right at the bottom of my soul. It was the "bridge" and then when I worked my way back up, the other side of my mind became connected. After this occured, I became incredibly nervous around people, because I could see the parts of themselves that they had repressed, and their true meanings behind thier words. I could only really speak when that inner-most part of me reacted, like trying to find the best answer, proving increacingly difficult with people that were more possessed by the ego. I thought I was going crazy, however I would meet the odd person, talk to the odd stranger, and we would connect, I would feel myself, like I had stepped back in time, remembering how things used to be. Knowing that I am a sane person in an insane world, I am now fighting the system and what it tries to throw at me, trying to get to the bottom of how it works, and what its purpose is.
edit on 10-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Thanks for the link, I've never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. Will read.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was hoping to get some thoughts on what I had posted in this thread, but I have not gotten any replies. I still say that this even was so clear, so striking, that even almost three years later I can recall those " slides" snapping in front of each other, and suddenly being at the top of the hill again.
Maybe no one is really looking at this thread, although so many people must have had deja vu experiences...hopefully someone will have some ideas about my experience.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

Hello Elienne,
read your "Previous" post twice, comes down to the same thing, even for any of us experiencing such warps of either intuition or premonition, "It's a personal account." Not saying anything negative about your experience, just that now you have shared it with us, we know your experience and there is no one to explain to you how or why it happened, just as we can't rely on others to confirm there "Personal" experiences in such matters.
I have had literally thousands of experiences, all I can do is talk about them, still doesn't explain anything or any of the personal questions I have over the event. It remains a "Treasure" of your thought's, and that is the beauty of such thing's, they can never be taken away or completely understood , neither by you nor I...
Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We cannot stop the future is a relative statement. Time is, after all, a creation by man to perceive events and the world in a logical order. True time does not exist, therefore it is impossible to say the future cannot be altered. We have all grown up inside the little black box we refer to as 'logic' and have little to no experience on the outside of this box. An interesting topic relating to this (in a sense) is quantum suicide. It relates to Deja Vu, in relation to percieving events that are to occur and changing the outcome Quantum Suicide

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Thanks for the insight. I appreciated the reply, and it makes sense. I will continue to remember this , and marvel at the wonders of time and the universe.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of Deja Vu, I used to get it very frequently when I was younger.
To the point that I started to force myself to remember certain dreams & while it only happened on a couple of occasions I was able to verbally predict something that was just about to happen to whoever was in my immediate vicinity and watch them look at me suspiciously when it happened.

Is there anyone else who was able to albeit very slightly, manipulate their future deja vu like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day.

I used to get DJV a LOT, I mean almost to the point where I bored myself by saying "OMG!! Deja Vous!!"

and I knew people around me would from time to time experience it too.

Here's the nutty bit... I haven't felt DJV in years! probably 2 or 3 and I don't hear people say it any more!

What's up with that?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is not the first time I wrote this down nor this will be my last time I wrote this down. We been repeating this same realty forever. I know we gone this before and we will do this again. There is no such this as free will based upon my experiences. I'm been experiencing COSMIC Consciousness about one year.

Repeat Cycle - Forever and ever. Death Rebirth Death Rebirth of the past present and future Universes.

This time we're in the positive matrix last time we were in the negative matrix.

In due time everything will be explained by our Star brothers and sisters.

Peace,

WNS

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I apologize what I said. Everything will be set soon right. Ignore the my post above altogether.

Thanks,

WNS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join