It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On Wikileaks: "A constant state of alarm must be fostered among the people to keep them fo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And, it’s a HUGE problem!

“Well, it’s a huge problem. And ah, part of what I think that we need to understand, is that we can’t afford to have documents like have been leaked to the media; the big problem is we’ve got five major world news organizations that have, we think, the whole information,” says Representative Sylvestre Reyes (D-TX,) Chair of the House Select Intelligence Committee.

Exactly what, then, do those “five major world news organizations” have? With that said, to beg the next question is: “have those ‘news organizations’ been able to decrypt or decipher the content, or are they waiting to see if it is released?” What effect will this have on citizens of the United States if possession of this particular “insurance file” is deemed an offense? The warning to students, who could be potential job-seekers with the United States Federal Government, offers some discrimination for reading material from Wikileaks. I really don’t want to think about what would happen if a person actually is in possession of any “Insurance File,” to open if a certain circumstance occurs, with a decryption key.

The question remaining is: “Has the file been decrypted and if so, what is so horrible about the contents, but the major aspect of this disturbing situation is the lack of transparency and the possibility of “factions” limiting freedoms of speech. Transparency is a “realm of truth” which is immediate; for lack of which is detrimental and poisons any definition of freedom. The parallels are rhetorical and must be avoided to preserve any constitution or treaty with and for the common good and welfare.

Another “Paradigm Shift” toward freedom and “Convergence of Technology” which facilitates the spread of information and attempts to censor access to information by the few for the many. If the “Fairness Doctrine” hadn’t been repealed, perhaps present situations would be more forthright and forthcoming, through-out the world. But it’s not and another step is added to the rung of “Freedom’s” ladder.

Source audio transcription is taken from a Fox News segment, December 5, 2010, with Chris Matthews. URL Source: www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
It's straight out of 1984. The need for a constant unending war. All part and of social control. I likeen the "War on Terror" or the "search" for Bin Laden to the purpose of Emmanuel Goldstein in 1984

en.wikipedia.org... [/quote

I find it not too odd that Julian Assange was busted so quickly and extradited with such speed and meanwhile Osama Bin Laden is still hold up in a cave in Pakistan (our ally) and they can't get Roman Polansky out of Europe for rape. When ever the US wants or needs to discredit some one they are attacked with this aura of a sexual pervert, either contrived or Karl Roved.

Your remark about 1984 a book and film that should be viewed along with "Wag the Dog"

This is a line from 1984 I find interesting:

"In some ways she was far more acute than Winston,and far less susceptable to party propaganda.
Once when he happened in some connection to mention the war against Eurasia,she startled him by saying casually that in her opinion the war was not happening.The rocket bombs that fell on London were probably fired by the Government of Oceana itself just to keep people frightened."

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join