It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs predicted over Moscow and London in January 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

NO ONE can PROVE that those were balloons, especially with some BS hearsay that some school let them go

BS heresay like news stories and press releases with photos, such as the release of the yellow balloons from Times Square that day, to commemorate the Spanish version of Broadway? Feel free to disagree, but suggesting one leaves the thread due to such disagreement?

Can't wait to see the next balloon releases in Moscow and London... *sigh*

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

So please since you are obviously not serious about this topic maybe you should just exit this site.

, man that's classic

And frankly the burden of proof is on YOU.

I think not , The NYC "event" is obviously a product of people with a knowledge of this bogus prediction seeing what they want to see , deluding themselves into thinking this was a UFO display .
The burden of proof is on you to prove the prosaic explanation wrong ...... which of course you can't .

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
BS heresay like news stories and press releases with photos, such as the release of the yellow balloons from Times Square that day, to commemorate the Spanish version of Broadway?

Can't wait to see the next balloon releases in Moscow and London... *sigh*

Yes it is indeed BS because Balloons like the yellow ones released do not go that high up let alone revolve around each other. OH, and just to note, Balloons are released EVERY single day over major cities. Why isn't everyone calling those UFOs?? People need to wake up! There wouldn't so much resistance against the NYC UFOs if they were indeed regular little balloons.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Balloons like the yellow ones released do not go that high up

How high up exactly?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
please no...no another hoax thread again

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm going to wager that this prediction doesn't come to pass, just like all the other predictions like this.

Whenever I see someone claim they are in contact with aliens, I can't help but laugh.

Also, weren't the October 13th New York ufos just balloons?

edit on 6/12/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister
I'm going to wager that this prediction doesn't come to pass, just like all the other predictions like this.

Whenever I see someone claim they are in contact with aliens, I can't help but laugh.

Also, weren't the October 13th New York ufos just balloons?

edit on 6/12/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

Don't set yourself up to lose - not because you're wrong, but simply because the prediction may well be self-fulfilling like the New York 'sightings.' If people expect to see something, and look hard enough, they will. Yes, I expect more balloons to be floating in January - and probably every month next year.
edit on 12/6/2010 by Wonderer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
But um there's a UFO over Moscow and London every month?

It may seem amazing to some people but to me it's like saying on the 4th March a chicken will be bred in a farm near Newbury. Which is highly probable without any real need for predicting it.

Another period of videos of stars and airplanes, misinterpreted by many no thanks to a hyped up prediction. Am I the only one that considers a "major" display to be a mile wide ship? Still, a reserved "yay". I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
OH GOODY, more balloon sightings predicted. Come on folks, your better than this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Some just wont believe something even if that something is stabbing them in the eye and others will believe anyrthing they want. No wonder people are always just6 bitching about stuff instead of actually doing something about it.
This is a fun world, one big morbid hilarious tragidy and most of the people are just watching everything go by en bitch about that. Everybody is waiting for somebody else to clean up their poop instead of doing it them self. It's going to get fudging hilarious if this man turns out to be right. Most of you will probally be crapping themself and shooting at the skies just because they refuse to believe what is happening is actually happening.

Simple bastards....

If this turns out to be another dud, it's just an other dud until the next prediction.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sigh, 3 nutters in one day....Busy times on ATS..

Sorry guys, if you do predictions then you do them properly, spot on dates, spot on specifics, if thats too much trouble for our dear Stanley then he should have a chat with Max Clifford and get better PR between him and the suppliers of these dubious predictions.

Its a bad day when you just can't get the right communications going on with the masters of the universe, that's what you get for using Acme Pledian translator devices.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't mind predictions that have dates.

We all know where it goes from here. If it doesn't happen, he's just another Blossom.

I'll reserve my judgement until February.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Um, I must point out that at altitude there are various thermals which would indeed spin the ballons in a circular pattern. Also ballons are known when under friction to become staticaly charged, and can stick to , or be attracted towards other staticaly charged objects. It stands to reason that a rapidly ascending ballon would be under friction from the air molecules, and pollutant molecules it passes through as it rises, causing a frictionaly incuded static charge, which could easily attract it toward another balloon , or indeed anything else that happened by at the time. Its really very basic high school physics actualy... I mean you dont even need a calculator for this stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
well... from my rooftop in brooklyn i saw an object way above the empire state building. it was hovering for about ten mins, went uptown and then came back to midtown. then it was gone. i have pics on my iphone but its just a dot. not a helicopter, too high. not a plane. it was stationary, then moved. can't wait to see what happens in moscow

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

High School Physics??..... You clearly failed it if you have the notion that regular balloons can go up that high and perform those type of maneuvers based on static electricity. I really pity all the "balloon" people out there who have a very weak psychological defense against simple mis/disinformation and propaganda. The MSM says they are balloons so they must be balloons....ba ba ba ..that's the sound of you following the herd.
Also I have to say that this is technically not a "prediction." This man is simply relaying a plan that has been set in motion according to what the psychic channel-er has told him.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
... i have pics on my iphone but its just a dot....

Don't worry about that. Dots are all the Believers require. For Stanley Fulham followers the dot will be irrefutable proof that he's a flying saucer prophet rather than a crank full of crock!

The MSM says they are balloons so they must be balloons....ba ba ba ..that's the sound of you following the herd.
Also I have to say that this is technically not a "prediction." This man is simply relaying a plan that has been set in motion according to what the psychic channel-er has told him.

So the videos and photos clearly show balloons, the eye-witnesses saw balloons, people admit to releasing balloons, the News reports balloons, but they are all wrong because the "psychic channeler" says they are alien spaceships!

Even the real sheep you mimic the sound of will be laughing their fleeces off at that conclusion!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
... i have pics on my iphone but its just a dot....

So the videos and photos clearly show balloons, the eye-witnesses saw balloons, people admit to releasing balloons, the News reports balloons, but they are all wrong because the "psychic channeler" says they are alien spaceships!

Even the real sheep you mimic the sound of will be laughing their fleeces off at that conclusion!

Actually the videos and photos clearly don't show balloons. Also, who are you to answer for every witness who saw the UFOs. Eye-witnesses have had words put in there mouths by the media, if you can't see that then please attempt to open your closed little mind.
Showing me pictures of balloons in times square proves nothing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I did not say that the balloons can do these manouvres based on static electricity. I said there are various thermals which would move the balloons in this fashion, and I went on to state that it is perfectly possible that some of the reason they dont float completely away from eachother is due to static attraction. It is possible. Incidentaly , there is no way to know for sure what the maximum attainable height for a party balloon is. Its dependant on a number of factors. First wether it is full of oxygen or helium, and if helium , wether or not the balloon was fully inflated or not. If the balloon was fully inflated with helium, it would be likely to burst after about 22,000 to 28,000 feet , however if it was left only partialy inflated, it would rise further, dependant on the last factor to consider, which is the quality of the material of which the balloon is made. Now, all party balloons are made pretty much the same ,from natural latex, but some companies may put addatives in them for some reason or another. All latex when it reaches a certain hieght would become brittle and rupture, but dependant on the quality , and the thickness of the balloon, you could be looking at a few hundred extra feet here or there before that happens.

By the way , next time you reply to me, reply to what I say, not what you think I said.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I did not say that the balloons can do these manouvres based on static electricity. I said there are various thermals which would move the balloons in this fashion, and I went on to state that it is perfectly possible that some of the reason they dont float completely away from eachother is due to static attraction. It is possible. Incidentaly , there is no way to know for sure what the maximum attainable height for a party balloon is. Its dependant on a number of factors. First wether it is full of oxygen or helium, and if helium , wether or not the balloon was fully inflated or not. If the balloon was fully inflated with helium, it would be likely to burst after about 22,000 to 28,000 feet , however if it was left only partialy inflated, it would rise further, dependant on the last factor to consider, which is the quality of the material of which the balloon is made. Now, all party balloons are made pretty much the same ,from natural latex, but some companies may put addatives in them for some reason or another. All latex when it reaches a certain hieght would become brittle and rupture, but dependant on the quality , and the thickness of the balloon, you could be looking at a few hundred extra feet here or there before that happens.

By the way , next time you reply to me, reply to what I say, not what you think I said.

Wow dude...take your ridiculous explanations and exit life. Not only do you sound desperate but also very illogical. If you attempt to come up with anymore long winded ridiculous explanations I will assume that you are being PAID to post your disinformation on this thread.
Go fill up a bunch of yellow balloons and film what you see. Then come back and allow me to say I told you so.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ok Dplum, what have I done to aggravate you ? You seem incapable of keeping this impersonal for some reason. What is it?
Its a fact, if you fully inflate a balloon with helium, it will burst faster, and this means less time in the air, and less altitude attained. If however, you partialy inflate the balloon with helium, it will still loft itself, but crucialy , the helium inside the balloon will have room to expand when the pressure outside the balloon drops, which happens at higher altitudes. When the helium expands inside the partialy inflated balloon, instead of bursting imediately , the room you leave inside the balloon will be filled, giving the balloon more time to rise higher into the air. Look it up genius.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join