It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 16 Year Olds Life Perspective

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh man are you way off base and totally wrong imo.

I have witnessed far too many people in my life start out on the dysfunctional train too early and ruin their lives and lose any possibility of spiritual/soul retrieval to ever make this life count. You may have it together in theory but have a long way to go to actually do anything of real significance with your view point on this one or in the reality which is begging for a natural approach to anything which this girl seems to be asking for guidance towards in her life.

What you are saying here has got to make you deeply understand the importance of becoming a guide to those who may think and feel you are right on in some ways and therefore place you up on their pedestal and take everything you say literally.

You have the potential of being a teacher guide and that means you should really consider what you say and the repercussions of your comments based on the individual. if you are an adult and speaking for yourself then fine but this young compassionate woman is asking for something life changing here and her comments to my post alone should speak volumes to what she is in need of.

Yes I am the Mother of the New Man and yes I am VERY cool, a hands on kind of Mom, the whole community of kids love me and take my advice to heart. I am honest and show them through my life experience how to avoid the many pitfalls which await them and in doing so avoid loads of potential problems through awareness.

Kids see this, and they trust me and my advice, you took it personally and in a negative way, she on the other hand was in no way threatened or insulted by what I said. This showed me that she is also trustworthy and really quite mature and intelligent with just enough humor to make her special and lovable.

I am not a prude but as I told her there are so many things that she can be doing that will help her blossom and grow and for any person in my life who tells me they are bored, I jump at the chance to remind them to stop being jaded and boring!

Creativity is never bored and has a million blessings attached to each unique aspect of its endless possibility.

However if you cant find a creative outlet, then it can turn to its opposite which is where alcohol or drugs come into the mix, to explore the same energy as we all have built in by nature, the same laughter, silliness, joy, dance, abandonment of the seriousness of the world, and that part of each of us that is self entertained and outgoing and at the same time introspective , centered and peaceful, satisfied.

Alcohol is a fake and poor substitution for the real thing, and my advice to this young woman is to find her creativity and reach for the stars and to do all that she can to attain her goals, I pray for the youth to heal and resolve many of the mess-ups that they were born into.

The strongest souls have chosen to come in at this time and I feel she is could be compromised by the dark forces, the lower astrals if you will by continuing to be a partier rather than focusing her energy to her hearts goals and ambitions.

What you are saying is definately true, but its how its used or abused. I know heaps of friends that drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol and get absolutely smashed and im not one of them. Personally i dont like not being in control.
If i was a 16 yr old who drank all the time and stuff, you would have definately hit the nail on the head there. But concidering it was just out of pure boredom and i was just kind of enjoying myself there was really no harm done. You may think that this may lead to other behaviors but i can assure you it wont, as im turning 17 next week ive had like 4 years for this to turn into something else, and it hasnt yet so i dont think it will

and with my family (dads side) and culture, drinking isnt concidered that much of a big deal so thats probably a reason why we would have opposing views. But i guess they are both correct in some way nonetheless.

Hahahaa you remind me of my stepmother, shes the 'cool' one too. Its good you help out all the kiddies

But one thing is all kids dont act the same in all situations, im not trying to like make out i know more than you or anything because that wouldnt be true and i probably gave the impression of a binge drinking 16 year old so yeah my fault but the individual makes a substantial difference to how things play out

Oh thats definately true with alcohol and drugs, but i dont turn to alcohol for any sort of expression so no need to be worried, i do other things

The youth, expecially around my age are really really bad. I have so many friends who have just spun out of control so im definatly using them as an example not to turn into.
I do like to go out and forget about the troubles of the world every now and again because sometimes its just sooo overwhelming. But its not going to become some sort of aspiration because its just a form of me having fun, sure there are other ways to have fun but at my age its just the thing to do really. lol
Thanks for your contribution

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

littlecloud, I would like to commend you on responding to every poster. So many times I see people make a post, people respond, but the OP does not say anything else.

Once again I wish you luck in your future.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well I'll just leave you to your opinion then.

I value what you say most of the time, but here... it just doesn't sit well with me.

Still. I respect your rights to your own opinion.

Take care, Antar!

...okay so I went over my post again. I actually challenge you to call me out on any which sentence I wrote. Tell me how I'm so wrong. What I said was pretty much entirely factual. I didn't really leave much room for assumption that I can see. Maybe I'm just being immature here. If so, my bad.
edit on 9-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In my opinion life is whatever someone makes out of it. If you want to go to Africa/ wherever, have fun. That said, I wouldn't regard a businessman sat in his office as having less meaning in his life. He just has a different meaning, doing what he wants to do.

I'm also 16.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You have a wonderful and honest perspective on life. Do not waste it by not following your heart. If you do, that perspective will become nourished and blossom. If you don't it will wither and harden and you'll never be able to open it up again without seeing that it's damaged.

Try VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas), the Peace Corps, SVP (The Order of Saint Vincent de Paul). Do not be disuaded when they tell you that you are too young at the moment (you are) but at least it will help you decide exactly what and where and all that. I did, I regret it everyday but I will do it when my monkeys are all grown up

Look for voluntary work over Christmas and holidays for the next couple of years whilst you decide where you want to go and with which organisation and to get some experience. Most of all, have fun doing it. Mark.x

P.S. Your Dad is only scared and worried that if you did this someone would take advantage of you etc etc etc. That's what good Dad's should do. Plus he's realised that you're all grown up! Appease him, ask his advice on the organisations and involve him by showing him the info you receive and in your choices. Asking for advice can be very flattering you know and he'll know and be aware of many things that you'd never ordinarily give him credit for.
edit on 9/12/2010 by Mez353 because: Spelt Christmas Christmad - well it is though isn't it!?

edit on 9/12/2010 by Mez353 because: Since my 3 year old pulled the G key off it's never been right!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justsomeguyhere
In my opinion life is whatever someone makes out of it. If you want to go to Africa/ wherever, have fun. That said, I wouldn't regard a businessman sat in his office as having less meaning in his life. He just has a different meaning, doing what he wants to do.

I'm also 16.

Oh cool! someone my age too hahahha
Ofcourse it is, someones meaning of life is whatever you make it to be.
But overall, it is what you accomplish. And because money is a material thing it really has no value because its synthetic you know?
But if someone really wants to be succsessful in there career, and they achieve that then good on them because they put hard work into it, im not putting down people who want to be sucsessful in there career down
Just the mentality that material items are worth so much

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mez353
You have a wonderful and honest perspective on life. Do not waste it by not following your heart. If you do, that perspective will become nourished and blossom. If you don't it will wither and harden and you'll never be able to open it up again without seeing that it's damaged.

Try VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas), the Peace Corps, SVP (The Order of Saint Vincent de Paul). Do not be disuaded when they tell you that you are too young at the moment (you are) but at least it will help you decide exactly what and where and all that. I did, I regret it everyday but I will do it when my monkeys are all grown up

Look for voluntary work over Christmas and holidays for the next couple of years whilst you decide where you want to go and with which organisation and to get some experience. Most of all, have fun doing it. Mark.x

P.S. Your Dad is only scared and worried that if you did this someone would take advantage of you etc etc etc. That's what good Dad's should do. Plus he's realised that you're all grown up! Appease him, ask his advice on the organisations and involve him by showing him the info you receive and in your choices. Asking for advice can be very flattering you know and he'll know and be aware of many things that you'd never ordinarily give him credit for.
edit on 9/12/2010 by Mez353 because: Spelt Christmas Christmad - well it is though isn't it!?

edit on 9/12/2010 by Mez353 because: Since my 3 year old pulled the G key off it's never been right!

Thankyou
yeah i have noticed that, when i start to focus on other things and myself (in a selfish way) those thoughts become diminished.

i had never heard of those orginisations! But i will check them out, haha yeah im definately too young to go out now, id get myself killed (I am a natural shiitstirrer) Im planning to go on my gapyear, so i will be 18 at that time.
Hahaha i hope you do! Its something everyone should have the oppourtunity to experience

Yeah i want too as im in holidays now, theres a little store owned by a charity in the city that makes free coffees and stuff for homeless people, and because i work in a cafe i decided i should give it a go
Im going to organise it after christmas, i need a kick in the bum though because im very unorganised. lol

Oh yeah i know, i hear it from him alll the time
I understand why hes worried though, and because hes a buisness man hes money orientated, but not so much that hes cold or anything like that. Yeah, he has a big ego, i will do that

Thanks

edit on 10-12-2010 by littlecloud because: didnt reply to whole post

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloudJust the mentality that material items are worth so much

Personally I think that the material is worth a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join