It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX's Dragon capsule, first privately owned spaceship, set to attempt launch into orbit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Um Nazi?? Wow I knew it wouldnt take long before some immature idiot called me that.

a) you had the gut feeling, huh?
b) great argument in the second half, just brilliant

Yup I did and you know why? People on here are so predictable..

I am half German and have been called a Nazi many times

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but then again...

Seriously, I made a relevant comment on the nature of technology in question and you told me to shut up. I don't know what it makes you, up to you to decide.

There is ONE fuel injector in the engine, as opposed to multiple in V-2 (that resonates with the Nazi bit, doesn't it). Primitive tech funded in part by taxpayers.

You know you shouldn't assume things based on avys. That is just ignorant. My avy is from an ATS Unleashed show where we had to make up a conspiracy on a topic we were given. I had penguins and the first thing that popped into my head were Nazi penguins who live in Antarctica that are plotting to take over the world in their UFOs and have nuclear donuts. So um yea assumptions are just plain silly. My last name is German and well kids are cruel and so I was called a Nazi when I was little and I am far from it and if all you have are insults based on an avatar then well that is your problem. I like my Nazi penguin, he's cute....Also I never told you to shut up so don't put words in my mouth. You obviously take things the wrong way and are defensive for no reason.

Um the thing wasn't meant to stay in space, what do you expect a duplicate shuttle?!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Didnt finish reading all the comments yet, Ive been down with the flu so I'm now catching up....

That was great footage!
A lil shake doesnt bother me, I mean cmon, we see ufo videos all the time and most of the time, we cant make out anything, I saw the launch on your video and that was enough, you should be available to record ufo's, we might be able to make them out and actually have a discussion with such clear video (assuming an iphone?) lol

And thank you, that was very much appreciated.

I think it's very important that this thing is taking off, I mean look at some of the companies involved. Who else is going to be flying out there and what for? I just heard this morning about a planet full of diamonds, that'd be motive enough for me

ok now ill finish catching up on this thread, thanks again!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Future missions with Dragon

2 2011
5 days
ISS Fly-by. Dragon will approach to within 10 km of ISS and exercise the radio cross-link, demonstrating the ability of ISS crew to receive telemetry from Dragon and their ability to send a command to the spacecraft. After this primary objective is completed, Dragon will leave the vicinity of ISS and perform a comprehensive set of in-space check-outs before returning to earth.

3 2011
3 days
Full cargo mission profile including mate to ISS

SpaceX

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Participants include: Elon Musk, SpaceX CEO and CTO (via satellite from Mission Control in Hawthorne, CA) Gwynne Shotwell, SpaceX President Alan Lindenmoyer, NASA Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Manager

This marks the first time a commercial company has successfully recovered a spacecraft reentering from low-Earth orbit. It is a feat performed by only six nations or government agencies: the United States, Russia, China, Japan, India, and the European Space Agency. It is also the first flight under NASA’s COTS program to develop commercial supply services to the International Space Station. After the Space Shuttle retires, SpaceX will fly at least 12 missions to carry cargo to and from the International Space Station as part of the Commercial Resupply Services contract for NASA. The Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft were designed to one day carry astronauts; both the COTS and CRS missions will yield valuable flight experience toward this goal.

SPACEX'S DRAGON SPACECRAFT RE-ENTERS SUCCESSFULLY

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Thanks, no problem! I live close enough so I try and film all launches no matter what it is. I love it! I have the first generation motorola Droid. I had an iPhone but it didn't have video and well the droid was a gift and to be honest it's a better phone.

LOL yeah when I film something off the balcony I put my elbows on the balcony rail to help steady my arms. It was so cold out yesterday. For us Floridians 45 is like below freezing lol.

I too think it's important. The next thing for space exploration is the private sector. They have more money from what people I know in the business tell me. They don't have to wait for some govt official to ok the money, if it's privately funded the money is more easily available.

SpaceX is funded by paypal owner Elon Musk.

I just saw you posted about him in the above post lol
edit on 12/9/2010 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Of course it's more available, theyre robbing us!
Your avatar is pretty cool btw, I never thought about penguins and nuclear doughnuts before

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You know you shouldn't assume things based on avys. That is just ignorant.

It's funny because I didn't even look at your avatar until now, in any detail. You assume I was meditating on it and taking clues from it? Heheh no I didn't

I had penguins and the first thing that popped into my head were Nazi penguins who live in Antarctica that are plotting to take over the world in their UFOs and have nuclear donuts.

That's deep.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You know you shouldn't assume things based on avys. That is just ignorant.

It's funny because I didn't even look at your avatar until now, in any detail. You assume I was meditating on it and taking clues from it? Heheh no I didn't

I had penguins and the first thing that popped into my head were Nazi penguins who live in Antarctica that are plotting to take over the world in their UFOs and have nuclear donuts.

That's deep.

Wow you obviously have ZERO sense of humor whatsoever. That is apparent. I hope my penguins bomb you with their nuclear donuts and abduct you to Antarctica.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join