It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi says Mt. Carmel fire is a result of not keeping the Shabbat(Day of Rest).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
NOTE: The only reason I put this in the conspiracies in religion section is because you probably won't hear about this in front page lame stream news however if a Christian fundamentalist blames an earthquake on homosexuality it will most likely be front page news.

www.jpost.com...

“Fires only happen in a place where Shabbat is desecrated,” he quoted from the Babylonian Talmud Shabbat tractate in his weekly sermon. “Homes were ruined," he continued, "entire neighborhoods wiped out, and it is not arbitrary. It is all divine providence.”

“We must repent, keep Shabbat appropriately. When the People of Israel repent, God safeguards them with a wall of fire,” but not of the incinerating type, Yosef added.

So whenever Jerry Falwell or Billy Graham say something about how earthquakes are caused by homosexuals or something ridiculous just keep in mind that this rabbi claims the fire was started because people did not observe a day of rest. Can we say fear mongering? And maybe he should have rethought which metaphor he would use. "Wall of fire, but not the incinerating type." Yeah, the purifying flame, we get it, but not a very smooth transition.

So what is the logical reason as to why fires are caused when Shabbat is desecrated? Other than the Talmudic reason? Is it because people are relaxing, maybe having a picnic, and accidentally start a fire? And just to back up my claim:

www.jpost.com...
Jerusalem Post

Police say Carmel fire started by negligence, not arson

While it most likely was arson, since the fires were started in different places, and the article doesn't go into detail as to what constitutes negligence (it is possible for both the church and the police to be wrong), either arson or negligence are the most likely. Divine providence falls into the "maybe" section with a strong possibility of "not likely."

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Every religion has it nuts in it. I guess he has a point and he has a right to say it. I wonder how the backlash would be from other Jews?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well I guess the police changed their minds, saying it was started by arson after all, which was my original assumption since it was started in three different places

www.jpost.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Every religion has it nuts in it. I guess he has a point and he has a right to say it. I wonder how the backlash would be from other Jews?

I agree, he does have the right to say it, and I'm sure his service membership will increase because of it, but it's just not very likely that this story would make front page news. If it did, it would be in a kind and sympathetic way, with the air of righteousness.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You really are a massive antisemite.

top topics

join