It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks' Assange May Seek Swiss Asylum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

WikiLeaks' Assange May Seek Swiss Asylum

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/AP) WikiLeaks' elusive founder, his options dwindling, has turned to Switzerland's credit, postal and Internet infrastructure to keep his online trove of U.S. State Department cables afloat.

Supporters say Julian Assange, an Australian living in Britain, is considering seeking asylum in Switzerland. He told a Spanish newspaper that he faced "hundreds of death threats," including some targeting his lawyers and children, aside from the pressure he is getting from prosecutors in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This would make sense as his operation is based in Switzerland. I still don't think he will ever be safe, if he is the real deal then he is pissen off people that are not used to this kind of disobedience from the masses.

He needs to take the threats against him seriously, he needs to think of his loved ones and family and friends and act.

I know Ecuador has offered for him to come there.

What would you do? Im not so sure I would have the courage to take on the world like he is doing.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Switzerland over Ecuador, they have much better plastic surgeons there. It's a shame that his children are threatened and no one is standing up for him, protecting his rights and his family.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What he needs is to fake his death. That will throw them off his tail.

It will be very interesting if Assange "dies" or gets "killed" in such a way that his body is unrecognizable.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Maybe he should post some Zionist secrets before asking for Asylum, I don't think Assange needs Asylum until Zionist terrorists are involved.

Some even suspect that it was this was espianoge (however you spell that crap), anyways, espianoge by the Zionists who have injected themselves in every US organ.

Trust me, if Assange releases one secret of Zionist terrorists which Zionists don't want out, he will be killed before you can say "the Zionist regime of the stolen land" and they will do it in brought day light, without having to hide their tracks, like they did in UAE.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

He does not hav e many options, and i think its only a matter of time before something happens to him. It's a sad world we live in when normal people like me and you are so brainwashed by their country that they can't see that Assange is showing us how currupt and criminal minded our governments are.

I really hope he releases documents that truely show what these criminals have done, and are still doing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If he were killed or appear to be killed you think he would become a worldwide martyr? Spark worldwide revolution against the ptb?

Another spark heard around the world?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We could also say the same thing if he pisses off the followers of Allah, except all the people in the plane, or hotel, or apartment building would be blown up as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

There is nowhere on earth you can hide from usa gov period. I doubt this is anything more than a psy op, but if it isn't then he is in trouble. I doubt the ptb will care one bit either way.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

There is nowhere on earth you can hide from usa gov period. I doubt this is anything more than a psy op, but if it isn't then he is in trouble. I doubt the ptb will care one bit either way.

To answer your first sentence....

He can move in with Osama, on the spare couch

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Maybe he should post some Zionist secrets before asking for Asylum, I don't think Assange needs Asylum until Zionist terrorists are involved.

Some even suspect that it was this was espianoge (however you spell that crap), anyways, espianoge by the Zionists who have injected themselves in every US organ.

Trust me, if Assange releases one secret of Zionist terrorists which Zionists don't want out, he will be killed before you can say "the Zionist regime of the stolen land" and they will do it in brought day light, without having to hide their tracks, like they did in UAE.

Well, sorry, no offence but I don't trust you, I don't trust your opinions.

This kind of remark about people demanding he release information on this or that exposes their own unwillingness to acknowledge that Wikileaks publishes information which is sent to it. If no-one sends wikileak information about the Zionist secrets you refer to, then there's nothing for him to publish, But that's too straightforward for many, hang him anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by oozyism

We could also say the same thing if he pisses off the followers of Allah, except all the people in the plane, or hotel, or apartment building would be blown up as well.

Yeah but followers of Allah won't go and invade/occupy your country in the process risk over a million innocent lives

Anyways, the Arab secrets have already been revealed

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That's why they claim the leak is the work of secret services, intentional leak, leak with agenda blablablabla.

I'm sure by now you heard about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

That's why they claim the leak is the work of secret services, intentional leak, leak with agenda blablablabla.

I'm sure by now you heard about it.

No, that's why people make silly statements asking why he doesn't release info about this or that. If it's not there to be published, it isn't going to be published. The material he receives depends on whistleblowers risking their jpbs, perhaps their lives to send it to him. He can't publish what he doesn't have.

I'm sure you are able to grasp that by now.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Nope, I can't grasp that, because the whistle blower might be working for the Zionists, intentionally leaking documents which favors Zionist agenda.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What's sad about this is he even needs to ask Sweden for help. His own country disowned and turned against him.

I'm ashamed my government are such sellouts and toadies to the US they can't even stick up for their own.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It seems many ATSers live in a world of black and white.
Information = good. Secrecy = bad.
When they grow up they will hopefully realise that the world is not so conveniently black and white.
Assange is veering towards the dark grey at the moment. I hope his sorry ass roasts in hell.
And the Swiss should stick to making chocolate.

edit on 6-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Information = good. Secrecy = bad.

Hey man I know where my loyalties are. And they're to freedom.

Never forget that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think very soon it's going to be checkmate for Assange.
He's played the game well and kept them at bay so far.
But he can't run forever.

I still don't understand why he is making it so easy for them to find him by doing face to face interviews.
TPTB could have nabbed him while he was at the Guardians offices discussing the details of the last lot of Aghanistan leaks.

Reporters seem to know how and where to find him?

He really needs to cut and run and stay underground until this whole thing blows over.
But it seems to me that he seems to like the attention he is getting.
It could be his downfall IMO.

I hope he does go to Switzerland.

new topics

top topics

join