It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How public schools are nothing more than prisons that train slaves (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's not just a place to be trained and programmed.

It's also a great place to buy drugs, nail stupid chicks and get into fist fights with neighborhood rivals.

Public school is a great roadblock to progress. Nothing works quite so well at leveling an entire generation to mediocrity then following up by consistently lowering the bar year after year after year.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Yes the Education system is mis-directed. It should be a place to learn
skills needed to live not to enslave. A place where people can learn
to positively contribute to a positive society for the well being of everyone
and not just a select few.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You're going to have bad and good in any profession. The way the system is set-up, it doesn't allow for teachers to do what they're hired to do. When you have a handful of students that think the only reason their in school is to socialize, play video games and surf the internet, you end up having a large failure rate. Teachers who are doing the job they were hired to do, are the ones who don't award passing grades that are not earned. When a student only hands in half the assignments, there is no way I'm going to give him or her a passing grade. Why should that student get away with a passing grade when I have other students who have completed 80-100 percent of the assignments. Yet good teachers will be called to the carpet and told we're failing too many students. Other teachers just don't want to be hassled by the administration and end up passing kids that shouldn't. It's really ridiculous when school districts claim they're 100% behind a student's education, when all they're concerned about are numbers and how the district looks in the public eye. It's extremely frustrating when you hear federal law makers pointing the problem at teachers when none of these politicians have really investigated the real problem. Teachers are always taught new ways to teach and motivate children to learn, some are great, some are the same methods with new names. If you have a student that isn't committed and motivated to learn, no matter how you teach the material, the student will not learn, period.

Our high school and college curriculum's are being watered down to meet the poor performance of today's students. By doing so, the United States sinks lower and lower on the list of countries who are out performing us in education. No child left behind has caused testing stats to be the main bench mark on assessing students. Our school have dropped valuable life skill classes to devote more time to classes designed to pass these state tests. Technical education classes, Home Economics, Art, Music have all been removed to focus attention on these tests. The classes they removed provide students with hands on skills using math skills and broadening their interests in other areas like art and music.

The teaching profession can be very rewarding, but it's getting harder and harder to teach when you have a generation of kids who just don't care and discipline takes up half your day. Just keep in mind when you take your classes, they'll leave out the part about half your day being devoted to disciplining, breaking up fights, and being a part time counselor. Good luck and hope the best for you. You will make a difference in some kids lives, but if your heart is really trying to get all your students to succeed it can be very frustrating.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I come from West Virginia, blah. But from my school experiences up to high school. It really wasn't 'as' bad as I'd like to believe. All except for grade school...I hated it so much. Not so much the kids in my classroom. It was the teachers and just how careless and inconsiderate some were.

I'll never forgive them because of a certain incident. Which almost would've put plenty of school children lives in jeporady. Mainly invovling a carrier of menigitis who passed it to my sister. My brother and myself thankfully nobody, but us contracted it. Thankfully no serious complications followed afterwards and beyond said incident. In my opinion I wouldn't call teachers emissaries of some brain washing cult. Trying to condition children in become some mind controlled slaves.

I'd chalk it up to them being themselves. For whatever diabolical, hurtful, callous, and yes, I have too many words to describe them. But this is just my perception that's talking right now. As many jerk teachers I've faced before. Nothing could compare to meeting some of the mose nice, generous, and caring teachers I've come to known.

Nope, I would'nt go thinking government funded teaching is fueling obidient slaves for the next generation. I believe it's based purely on the teachers personality.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I like Mark Twain's saying about how he never let his schooling get in the way of his education.

The compulsory school system in the U.S. was originally a response to the massive amounts of children running about with the enacting of child labor laws. It's nothing more than an elaborate baby-sitting service. Given that, I'm not surprised that education in the U.S. is horrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join