It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R&B, Soft Rock and Soul music to sing and play on the guitar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hopefully I'm not the only one of this forum site who loves to go outside, play on my guitar and sing some Soul music. It's difficult by ear for myself to learn. I do have books by John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Ne-yo and others. I enjoy it and going to random places and singing. People seem to enjoy it and I'm told I have a nice soft voice.

This song in the beginning of the video is one of the songs I'm trying to learn. It's difficult by ear for me to learn. Hey I'm one of he few guys who loves soft rock, R&B, and Soul music.

I did learn Ne-Yo's closer by ear though. I just loved this new artist and how his music sounded to me. I would like to see what other songs you guys like and we can influence another musically.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I would like to tell a story that took place not to many years ago. About two or three. I don't really recall the date of the amazing event. I was at the park playing music singing softly to myself at the most lonely bench. A very cute Native American girl; who was older then I am and had gorgeous dimples and eyes and a banging body came up to me and ask me to play her song. I was learning a song at the time I believed was the song Closer by Ne-Yo. Not doing the song i quickly remembered John Mayer singing to these groups of girls then it clicked in my head! "Your body is a wonderland" I thought quietly to myself. it felt like an eternity to play the song. I only played the song o.k once with many unsuccessful tries. I just went for it! The combination of her smile, me singing and playing the guitar, and my facial expression every time I seen her smile and her dimples will show. This is one of my most defining moments of my youth. I truly felt like a Guitar Hero or a Rock Star. I'm smiling now remembering this event. I need to look her up she was mad cute!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Awesome first vid. Thank you for that, exactly what I needed. I'm also a guitarist, and you've got me wanting to learn a new song, haha.

You'll like this

Should've looked for it live, but man this is great too.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
what you kids need is the influence of rock ballads .

there is nothing like playing a girl some rock god song, and having her melt (:

try ....

my first embed, everyone pray for mojo!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Fishin' Blues

Here's another great song to learn on the guitar, just finally completed it. Now this is classic, took me a minute to find this version.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

That would be a difficult song for me to learn and play. I only once or twice played a hard rock song. My vocals are good for Soul and Soft Rock. I feel like an animal screeching for war when I sing rock. Some of my friends I did do good in some parts. Maybe I need to be train. I just like where I am with a acoustic guitar, a bottle of water and hopefully some heart melting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
4 chords... its just strumming. so easy, trust me!

the last bit just goes up a step... seen here (:

most of these monster ballads are based on this chord set, or similar.

www.ultimate-guitar.com...

i want a picture of every girl that swoons at that song for you. here ... in this thread!

fair deal (:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Thanks! Do they sell cheap electrical guitars and portable amps? My acoustic is an Epiphon Dove or Hummingbird. The guitar cost me a lot of money and I don't want to go rough on the guitar with Heavy music. That's why I always play simple R&B and Soft Rock.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Excellent n clever.

top topics

join