It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashing Light around Jupiter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I personally like the "big ol satellite bigger than Jupiter" that shows up towards the end.

So we have a suspect strobe-like streak being explained as an earth-bound beacon or light from plane through clouds.
Then we have a huge 'something' passing above Jupiter

So instead of putting these two events together, we separate them!
Seems stringing together coincidences is an act of convenience and usually sounds more foolish than the mystery itself.
So what are you saying, that when a searchlight or beacon is turned on at the ground level, that suddenly there should be no airborne objects like satellites anymore? That's what you call a coincidence? That something happens to be in the air at the same time you're running a beacon?

Given how crowded our skies are, it doesn't seem like much of a coincidence to me.

I'm not sure the first light is a searchlight, but the last object is probably a satellite just like he said, so I don't see any reason to think they're linked. The skies are crowded with airborne stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Like this video a lot, I was expecting a laser pointer but what you see is a light not just flashing but as if ifs up there pointing down towards the ground as opposed to a flash light from here illuminating the cloud.

Very strange indeed, the only annoyance was on the 2nd video where there was someone smoking and blowing it across the camera view.

His voice sounds familiar, I seem to remember a video with a guy like this going 'wooow' all the time about a flashing object in the sky.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Im kind of surprised no one has really questioned why the military jets just happened to show up? Seems like they are part of this stew as well.I really dont think they would be investigating a mere search light from the ground trying to advertise a grand opening or whatever.

Also to me it does appear that the light strobes down. If you watch it closely it has a start from top.It is quick, bit it is enough to get a sense that it radiates from above and not below. That is just my humble opinion and perspective though. That is from watching it on full screen too.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Im kind of surprised no one has really questioned why the military jets just happened to show up? Seems like they are part of this stew as well.I really dont think they would be investigating a mere search light from the ground trying to advertise a grand opening or whatever.

Also to me it does appear that the light strobes down. If you watch it closely it has a start from top.It is quick, bit it is enough to get a sense that it radiates from above and not below. That is just my humble opinion and perspective though. That is from watching it on full screen too.

I pointed out the light positioning in my post above,as for the planes, we have no direct proof who or what these planes are, we can guess military but I don't think there's any proof.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My son and I saw this same flashing, last week. We live near a military base in the Pacific Northwest. The flashing occurred to our slight SW, but didn't seem to be very far in the distance. We tried to determine if it was a spot light, but could see no beam connecting to the ground. I agree with a previous poster that it seemed to be coming from above. I mentioned that to my son, at the time. We watched it for approximately 5 minutes, shrugged, went back inside and put it out of our thoughts. Until now. Thanks. Nice find.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a video I took a while back of jupiter

Strange lines on the planet

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sorry guys, but I can't work out why you are so excited by this.

It's almost certainly just a search light from an air base. You also get jet planes at air bases. The jets may have been interested in something, hence the search light.

This is heavily flagged but to my mind not that massive really...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sorry guys, but I can't work out why you are so excited by this.

It's almost certainly just a search light from an air base. You also get jet planes at air bases. The jets may have been interested in something, hence the search light.

This is heavily flagged but to my mind not that massive really...

Never been one for flags as I don't look for merit out of the subject but the interest is clear, its not just because there looks like there is a search light, the interest is because the source of the search light as spotted by others 'seems' to be pointing towards the ground as opposed to it coming from the ground.

Have another look slowly, its brightest at the top of the picture and seems to degrade as you go down the image.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I noticed that the orientation of the flashes slowly change over time as compared with Jupiter.

I think the flash of light is stationary (Earth bound) and the apparent position of Jupiter changes as the Earth rotates. This apparent motion of the stars and planets can easily be seen when there is a stationary frame of reference to compare with like when your looking through a telescope (unless your scope has auto tracking). If this is the case then I think it is further evidence of a ground based source and not a plane.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i live a block from a small airport.
every so many seconds a flash of light happens i don't scream alien or ufo's.

This looks similar to what it could be.
the beacon goes around and flash's.
it is a cloudy night too in the video...it could easily be reflecting of the clouds .
water in those clouds in that area he is in ect...

i bet money that is all it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join